教育王國 討論區 國際學校 IB VS AP
發新帖
樓主: QueenBallet
go

IB VS AP [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 16-8-27 14:22 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Artie 於 16-8-27 18:32 編輯

My children are in an IB school, so I would rather not compare the 2 curriculum here. I can however comment on IB as my kids have been with an IB school for many years.
I have spoken to many university admission officers and they have told me they are of the opinion that IB students have displayed high aptitude in university. Some universities track performance of students and they have found that IB students have very good potentials for high achievements later.
Having said that, IB students do not all chose to be doctors, lawyers, professionals, or scholars. IB is not just a school curriculum teaching children textbook knowledge. Students are encouraged to discover their strengths and find their own passion. I have seen students with exceptionally high IB grades that chose to go to art schools, music schools, or even culinary schools. And their high schools are not less proud of these young people.  
I think instead on focusing on whether IB or AP is better, more popular, or more accepted, I would suggest parents to really look into the curriculum. IB and AP are very different. All the basic or detail information can be found on the official websites. Then pay school visit to see for yourself which type of school is more suitable for your child.

2#
發表於 16-10-19 00:29 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 Artie 於 16-10-19 00:34 編輯
sharons 發表於 16-10-17 15:48
可以簡單理解如下嗎?

1. 選讀IB可同時報考 IBDP & AP

6. IBDP 結果遲過 AP 有時趕不上大學入學申請 >> No need to wait until IB results are out. IB students apply to universities with "predicted grades". Some overseas universities also request for up to a total of 4 years of high school transcript. My son's school has already provided students (2017 cohort) with their first set of PG this month. Students can now apply anytime to secure conditional offers from universities in Hong Kong, UK, or Canada etc; or firm offers from universities in the US. The earliest offers can be released as early as around December to January (depending on admission policy of different universities). Many universities release offers on a rolling basis all the way until August or even September. The better your PG, the higher chance you get offer early.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題