用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 請教 聖士提反幼稚園(柏道)&聖嘉勒幼稚園的抉擇? ...
樓主: potato3388
go

請教 聖士提反幼稚園(柏道)&聖嘉勒幼稚園的抉擇? [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-4-10 10:01 |只看該作者

Re: 請教 聖士提反幼稚園(柏道)&聖嘉勒幼稚園的抉擇?

Bobomegan & Potato3388,
My daughter is going to apply for K1 this year and she is a small girl. Could you tell me that St. Clares will accept small girl and is it difficult to get a seat?  When will it start to accept application and when will the result be released?  Sorry to ask so many questions but it seems that less parents talk about St. Clares in BK!

Potato3388,
I agree with Bobomegan that you'd better stay in St. Clares if you do not have special preference in SSKG. The chance to get in SSPS is only half-half if you live in net 11, that means no difference if you are not a SSKG student, unless in the round of "knocking door".  

Cinder,
Which Victoria is your daughter sudying? Causeway Bay? Is your daughter fluent in both Cantonese and English?  Someone told me that students in Victoria can speak good English but have fair Chinese standard.  Is it true?

Thanks all BK mums in advance!

22#
發表於 07-4-10 20:41 |只看該作者

Hi Mimimum,
My daughter is studying in HH Victoria, but next year she'll promote to K2 in Causeway Bay.  I've also heard that the kids in Victoria have poor Chinese standard.  So when my daughter entered Pre-nursery in Victoria, I continue to speak to her in Chinese, while my Phillipine Maid speak in English.  Now she can speak very fluent Cantonese and manage to communicate in English, although not so keen as Cantonese.   Moreover, my daughter can read all the Chinese Characters taught in Victoria.  Actually, the standard of Chinese taught in Victoria is not too low, somewhat similar to those in SKH.   I know some parents of Victoria students speaks to them in English also.  I think this is the reason why they have only fair Chinese standard.  The most I worry is that the discipline in Victoria may be too lose.  I want her  to go to traditional primary school like St. Stephen's Girls in future.

Do you think it's worthwhile for my daughter to shift to SSKG?

23#
發表於 07-4-10 23:33 |只看該作者

Hi all BK's Mum,
In fact, I decided to let my daughter studies in St. Clare's kindergarten.

And I don't know that is difficult or not to get a seat in St. Clare's.

I just remembered when I bring my daughter to St. Clare's for interview. The teacher brings my daughter go up stair for over one hour. I just can stay at lobby waitting. So I am not really know what happens to her. After interview, the teacher bring my daughter to me. And she was happy. Then I got a acception mail. That's All.
MimiMum 寫道:
Bobomegan & Potato3388,
My daughter is going to apply for K1 this year and she is a small girl. Could you tell me that St. Clares will accept small girl and is it difficult to get a seat?  When will it start to accept application and when will the result be released?  Sorry to ask so many questions but it seems that less parents talk about St. Clares in BK!

Potato3388,
I agree with Bobomegan that you'd better stay in St. Clares if you do not have special preference in SSKG. The chance to get in SSPS is only half-half if you live in net 11, that means no difference if you are not a SSKG student, unless in the round of "knocking door".  

Cinder,
Which Victoria is your daughter sudying? Causeway Bay? Is your daughter fluent in both Cantonese and English?  Someone told me that students in Victoria can speak good English but have fair Chinese standard.  Is it true?

Thanks all BK mums in advance!

24#
發表於 07-4-11 15:05 |只看該作者

Hi Cinder
I think I'll register SSGK, as it is just within 5-min walking distance from my home (actually I can see the school from my window).

Furthermore, I want my girl to be more disciplined and ladylike, which I think SSGK can train their children, as they stress a lot on their manners and discipline.

25#
發表於 07-4-11 18:53 |只看該作者

Hi cinder,
Thanks for your information on Victoria. If discipline is your main concern and your daughter is going to study in traditional primary school, SSKG will be a better choice and Victoria Primary School will not be your cup of tea.  However, if you are not living in net 11 and not Christian, you may need more luck in the round of knocking door!

Hi Potato3388,
Thank you for your info regarding application for St. Clares.  Is your girl a big girl or a small girl?  If my girl will be separated from parents during interview, I don't think she can stay calm in the interview for an hour!!! Will parents be interviewed too? How many students enrolled in K1? When do AM and PM sessions start the class?  Sorry to ask so many questions again!

Other BK mums' comments, especially on St. Clares, are most welcome.  Thank you!

26#
發表於 07-4-11 22:54 |只看該作者

Hi Mimi Mum,
Don't be silly. you can ask more and there is no problem.
My daughter is studing in K1. I won't say St. Clare's is best kindergarten. But it is good historial traditional kindergarten.
寫英文有點辛苦,轉個Nicam,我也不想評論那間幼稚園比較好,我也沒資格.
幾間幼稚園,我的女兒曾經去面試過,維多利亞,聖保祿,聖心,聖士提反,聖嘉勒.其中聖心最墟罕,聖保祿第二,收到取錄信的是維多利亞,聖士提反,聖保羅堂,英基和聖嘉勒.
不被錄取的是聖心和聖保祿.
其實,我的感覺是,當中黑幕也是有的,聖保祿托了關係,還是不行.聖心面試約2分鐘,我感覺就真係麻麻.
維多利亞由一中一英二位導師面試,允許家長在旁,還算不錯,可惜它只提供下午班學額,所以放棄.
聖士提反分三天面試,每天面試約100人,由小學和幼稚園校長一同面試,感覺正面一點.
聖保羅堂單獨面試,家長不能陪同,因為只有下午班名額,我向老師說我只想讓女兒唸上午班,下午班不考慮,你估點?反轉豬肚哦!馬上改口說,是我們學校不錄取你的女兒...
英基,由入門開始,全面英文,連個reception都唔識講中文.面試就用英文傾幾個問題就完成了.
聖嘉勒就如前所說的,我是覺得最公平的啦.
校舍舊就舊點,不過舊的來都有點風味,對面的英皇書院夠舊了,學生咪一樣TOP.

談談提高錄取率吧.
個人覺得啊,以下不代表本人價值觀.學校會看地址,我看了一下校車路線,好似沒有經過公共屋邨.多數是區內不太差的屋苑.
衣著不要太誇.
臨場反應,尤其是大型面試,如聖心和聖保祿,活潑外向吱吱喳喳,兼過到智力遊戲關.智力遊戲多數係將形狀各異的積木,塞進一個盒子上有相同形狀的開孔的玩具.

維多利亞都唔係唔好,英文好,中文唔好?唔多覺喔,我朋友的小朋友讀英基,中文講就冇問題,寫?幼稚園0者,你諗番你幼稚園識幾多個中交字先啦.

希望這些可以幫到你們啦.

27#
發表於 07-4-12 20:14 |只看該作者

Thanks for all your precious information!

I still hesitate in registering SSKG as I'm not in net 11 and I have only 15 marks.  They count only SKH and not Christian as same religion.  By the way, are the students there trained in communication skills so that their performance in interview is good enough for 直資?   :cry:

28#
發表於 07-4-17 09:37 |只看該作者

Hi Potato3388
Thanks for sharing all your interviewing experiences! Very useful info!
I thought 英基 doesn't need interviewing, as it's mostly for non-chinese speakers?

聖士提反分三天面試,每天面試約100人,由小學和幼稚園校長一同面試..how did you find out this info?  
I thought they only interviewed for 1 day (i.e. Sat), so there were around 300 applicants?

29#
發表於 07-4-17 09:43 |只看該作者

Hi Felix
No need to worry about it too much.  Keep praying & have faith that God will give your daughter the best.  I think you have a fair chance with other existing students of SSGK in Sept.  In fact, she has a little higher chance than the ones who have only 15 marks, but it all depends on how many girls with sisters there.  Just take it easy!

30#
發表於 07-4-19 23:56 |只看該作者

Hi aconly,

Non-chinese speakers in 英基?
That's not truth. In fact, so many chinese kids there. But they were trained in Eng. And mandrin class.

SSKG's applications is over 300s. I have asked the teacher. So I am quite sure that.

31#
發表於 07-4-25 21:43 |只看該作者

Hi Aconly!

多謝你的安慰。
雖則係吾擔心得咁多,但吾擔心就假既,始終佢地有返咁多K3既學生,但首輪又只係有四十零個位,好彩既就擔心三個月到十二月派彩,吾好彩就要到下年六月先知得吾得。有錢就話有私校、直資做後備啫,但我地呢d窮等人家就只有被呢個遊戲拖住走,等運到。
仲有學校好似只係計屬於聖公會既基督教先至會有果五分,希望吾係啦!因為我返果間教會好似吾屬於聖公會,還是所有既基督教都屬於聖公會架?<--please clarify if I'm wrong,否則我個女就只有15分咋!
But anyway 啦!既來之,則安之。因為只要信靠主耶蘇,凡事就必得着恩惠

Felix

32#
發表於 07-4-25 22:54 |只看該作者

error.

33#
發表於 07-4-25 22:55 |只看該作者

I've confirmed with the headmistress during my daughter's interview.  Only Sheng Kung Hui refer to their same religion.  That's why I've only 15 marks although I'm also a Christian! Tomorrow is the registration date, and I'm still wondering whether I should go to register or let my daughter study SKH.  Can anyone give any suggestions?

Hi Felix,

Will you still register SSKG?

34#
發表於 07-4-26 09:22 |只看該作者

Hi Felix
Yes, only 只係計屬於聖公會既基督教先至會有果五分, others do not count and not all Christians belong to SKH!  Good luck and keep praying!
So you'll still enrol SSKG for your daughter?  I'll go for the enrolment today.

35#
發表於 07-4-27 00:04 |只看該作者

To all!

今日lunch時去左註冊喇!疊埋心水吾理咁多啦!
吾理係聖公會又好,吾係聖公會又好!只要我信既係主耶蘇,咁就得啦!15分同20分呢樣野!又吾輪到我話事既!
我個女轉過尼呢度讀,都係一心想揀呢間小一﹔吾轉過尼咩,到時咪又係會抽呢間小一,早d轉過尼等個女習慣下丫麻!

希望年尾可以係度報喜啦! Good Luck to all

Felix

36#
發表於 07-4-27 09:30 |只看該作者

Hi Felix
Good to hear that you're taking it easy & leaving it to God.  I've also registered for my girl at lunch time yesterday for K2.  Anyway, good luck to you also & hope to hear your good news.

37#
發表於 07-4-27 11:27 |只看該作者

Hi felix.lee,

Congratulations!    May I know which kinder is your daughter currently studying? Did you apply any other kinder other than SSKG this year?

Yesterday night I'd made up my mind to sacrifice SSKG and let my girl enter SKH.  However, I'm afraid I'll regret, for I'm afraid SSGPS may only accept SSKG students during the "knocking door' round this year!!  I'm learning how to leave my burden to God, while I still have to choose between a famous kinder and a "happy" kinder (The traffic for SKH is more convenient to me)

38#
發表於 07-4-30 01:21 |只看該作者

Cinder,

我個女讀緊灣仔堂幼稚園K2. 我只係選擇左SSGK一間咋!
一來我覺得呢間學校係較傳统啦!又係有由幼稚園至中學,環境又吾錯!對我個女既學習及識應會好d,因佢几怕陌生環境!
至於係吾係可以成功直升小一,當得知要係SKH先夠果20分後,我就相信一樣野,就係無謂強求!得就最好!吾得亦無辦法,吾到我控制,一切隨緣吧,呢d神自有安排!
反而公司d同事更加替我緊張!已經開始鞤我留意有冇其他可行既方法可以順利升上小一﹔呢d無私奉獻,眞係令我無言感激
祝各位如願
Felix

39#
發表於 07-4-30 08:59 |只看該作者

我個囡係SSKG畢業,舊年好幸運在第二輪抽回SSGP.舊年第一輪加第二輪,學校收番60%學生,叩門我聽聞收番8個.

除了有家姐讀緊SSGP,在第一輪為必收生外,我睇唔到有第二個方法100%必入SSGP.

Good Luck to all of you

40#
發表於 07-4-30 23:28 |只看該作者

舊年收番60%巳經算係收番好多啦,今年第一輪20分都要抽,好似收番13個咋。   

Good Luck 啦

LingChiBaBa
‹ 上一主題|下一主題