用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 蘇浙國際幼稚園和維多利亞幼稚園(英普班),哪間比較好 ...
樓主: tsc
go

蘇浙國際幼稚園和維多利亞幼稚園(英普班),哪間比較好? [複製鏈接]

醒目開學勳章

21#
發表於 07-3-30 16:17 |只看該作者

Re: 蘇浙國際幼稚園和維多利亞幼稚園(英普班),哪間比較好?

samelsaho,

May I ask which school do you think is better?  If you don't want to reply in the forum, would you please PM me?

22#
發表於 07-3-31 02:30 |只看該作者

hi panala,

p/s check pm, thx.

23#
發表於 07-4-2 14:06 |只看該作者

lureen,

Hi, my son is P. 1L.

yes, he always want to play and play and don't want to do the homework.  I also give him some extra worksheets to do as the school really don't have much work to let them do it at home.

But i wonder whether it is some confuse or opposites to the aim of the IS and active teaching if i  give him extra work to do it at home.  They don't have homework but the parents give them extra homework to do.  My son always complaint me that why he need to do this kind of "mother's worksheet". :tongue:

24#
發表於 07-4-3 14:55 |只看該作者

Lamsuetwai,

I do have the same thinking like yours before. Actually during the last parent's meeting, the teacher also suggested giving supplemetal works out  if parents requested.  This is at the parents discretion, of course. They thought this  will bring an advantage to boost the children in their weak areas but then the quantity is what matters. This really depends on the schedule we have set up with our child. However, from their point of view, I thought they meant once or twice a week.

P1 though equiv. to K3 from the local system but then they will all be advancing to higher grades soon, I thought a little bit of study pressure should be good to all kids.  I try to make the worksheets as funful as possible, except when it comes to word recognising.

Does your kid have other hobbies or activities outside the school hours ?  Now it's the holiday, do you still keep the studying time with your kid ? :

25#
發表於 07-4-3 16:07 |只看該作者

lureen,

yes, the teacher also mention that writing need to prastise it everyday to make it as a habit.  For my son, writing is no problem, he can think and speak many sentences or story.  BUT writing need spelling, this is the big problem to him.  i'm thinking how can improve his spelling.  Very headache.

My son learn TWD/scout at the weekend.  How about yours?

Last time, the Chinese's teacher said Manadran need more listening, i plan to let him listen to the Man. CD and English CD everyday during Easter Holiday and some worksheets for Math/Phonics etc.

Where do you buy the funful worksheets?

26#
發表於 07-4-3 22:17 |只看該作者

lamsuetwai,

My kid has judo every other day and piano/hockey on Sat. Pretty busy schedule already so time left for homework is quite limited. I try to manage a schedule for him to do his worksheets and different subjects are arranged.

English worksheets  are mostly on the spelling and reading. I try to help his spelling too but as you said is a headache. Anyway, just relax. The spelling test on the Fri will certainly help. The worksheets that I am using are mostly published by Letts Educational. It's colorful and funful to use. There are quite a few other publishers that  you can choose from. HK book center or swindon or page one can help. Other than that, my kid will learn his english from cartoon, which is his favourite.

For mandarin, I got some local system text for him to learn with the CD. Pretty simple and with songs too. I'll let him listen during sleeping time, if he doesn't reject. For maths, it can be some materials from the UK system or the canadian system.  

Do you spend most of your time with your kid  and do you have another child to take care of ?  

27#
發表於 07-4-4 12:05 |只看該作者

Lureen,

i'm a working mum, so it is not so much time at the evening after dinner.  i can only read a few books to him at weekday.  I have one kid only.  I can not afford for two kids (both time and $$).

My kid also learn piano at weekday.  He said he want to learn Go 圍棋, i will find him some course later and plan to let him learn Tennis at P. 2 as organise by school.

Lett education, i will go to page one to find some.

i usually bought Scholastic, School Zone, etc.. for him.  

Every kids is the same, my kid also learn his English by watching the cartoon VCD.  May be he feel no pressure for the schooling, not likes the traditional system, he always perfer to watch cartoon /VCD/TV, but not doing the writing work like worksheet, ...etc.

For mandarin, i use the prastise as in English, i bought recently some Mandrain Cartoon that he likes, he improves the listening skills a lot.  You can try.  HAHA.  

28#
發表於 07-4-4 15:20 |只看該作者

lamsuetwai, it's  a bit of pressure for working mums. You really have very limited time, except nightime. Most of the time, you can only trust your maid on the care.

I quit my job after his birth till now. It's a different type of pressure though to be standing- by 24 hours. For me, I just couldn't trust my maid on the baby so I took the care till now.  

Go -chess is a very good thinking game to join in. I like it very much but my kid doesn't really enjoy so just finish the elementary and stopped. Maybe, he will change his mind one day. Glad that your kid asked you for that ? He must be a smart boy. Does your kid enjoy practising the piano ? Which grade is he in at the moment ? It's good to know that they will also have tennis as ECA in P2. I will let him try too. They will meet each other then.

About mandarin cartoon, my kid rejects me quite many times because english or cantonese is more easier to him. He will only listen to short mandarin stories for 10 to 15 mins. He prefers to have me act as a teacher and learn together through books and CD.

Videos/cartoons are always amusing, so worksheets are indeed boring. I will have to force him to finish my required work before TV. I am pretty strict on this, otherwise, punishment of which he doesn't enjoys. One thing though, we can't let them watch TV too long as they will have poor eyesight later on.  :
‹ 上一主題|下一主題