搜索
教育王國 討論區 海外留學 Summer school in Canada
樓主: achow
go

Summer school in Canada [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 07-2-28 16:01 |只看該作者

Re: Summer school in Canada

Are there any similar ones in Vancouver?  

Goody 寫道:
Try this one http://www.campgreenacres.com/index.html .  My girl joined this camp last year.  She liked it very much.

22#
發表於 07-3-4 09:51 |只看該作者

Hi all,

I just found some EXCELLENT Science Summer Camp in Toronto, organized by University of Toronto for kids from Grade 1 and up.

here is the link:

University of Toronto Summer Camp for Kids

Also by Seneca College

Seneca College Summer Camp for Kids

Have fun.

YukiMommy

23#
發表於 07-3-4 15:53 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

24#
發表於 07-3-5 22:17 |只看該作者

Planet,
It's really good rate at CAD315/7weeks! Are u sure it's so cheap? Is there any shorter class because I cant stay too long in Vancouver; If 4weeks will be very nice for us. Thus, would u mind to disclose or pm me the location of that church? I'm neither christian/catholic; Can my girl join it? Many tks!

25#
發表於 07-3-6 08:26 |只看該作者

Dear Planet,

Can you let me know the church wesite I want to check it. thanks!

26#
發表於 07-3-6 11:26 |只看該作者

27#
發表於 07-3-6 11:31 |只看該作者

28#
發表於 07-3-7 01:57 |只看該作者

Here is the leisure guide at Burnaby and it listed all the activities throughout summer.

If your child is coming all the way to look for new experience, it is better to mix with local people and learning something which they are interested. I am not sure who will run the class but personally I feel bored if they talked about bible stories

Burnaby Leisure guide

29#
發表於 07-3-7 08:41 |只看該作者

Dear Planet,
Can you fax(29919412) the schedule or email to me please. thanks!   

30#
發表於 07-3-7 13:10 |只看該作者

Planet,
Tks very much for your advice. My girl will be 6 in this July. I think we will join 2week class; If grandma agreed to take care of her, I may let her to join 2 more weeks. Besides, I have to check how far apart from her house to 49th Ave E. I have not drive for a long time, No wonder I recognize the way to go not...   Do u know what's the time for the class start & end? Do we need to prepare lunch for kid?

31#
發表於 07-3-7 14:49 |只看該作者

32#
發表於 07-3-7 15:00 |只看該作者

33#
發表於 07-3-8 01:06 |只看該作者

Planet,
I am not trying to say the one from the church is not good but personally I dont like it. I also put my daughter in the church on SUN for 1.5hr in order to mix with Chinese kids and I can see the different from the teacher as well as the activities. FYI, my daughter is 4yr and she attend full time daycare. Like my husband always says, Chinese are lack of creativity. Yes, local kids do speak English but for some reasons my daughter told me she couldnt understand as they speak Chinese (my daughter doesnt understand Chinese and that is the reason I put her in Chinese church on SUN).

The private one is very costly and I dont think we need to pay so much for that.

Mix with local kids refer to different color and I think the teachers professional do count on that as well. I like to put my daughter into community one as it is much cheaper and it is similar to YMCA in HK. This month, I will sign her up for swimming, ballet and trompoline and later in JUN, I will put her in tennis. There is some other interesting courses running and it really depends on what preferences on your kids.

34#
發表於 07-3-8 13:21 |只看該作者

35#
發表於 07-3-8 14:51 |只看該作者

我小朋友5歲時都有參加社區攪既day camp, 日日都係户外活動, 有時坐車成3,4個鐘, 基本上每星期都去唔齊, 有時見去差唔多既地方or當日佢好唔想游水,我都比佢留係家處玩, 每日去完都好倦而且太陽又猛都幾辛苦, 我係去列治文西區,都有一半係西人小朋友, 而d姐姐哥哥就似係學生哥.

36#
發表於 07-3-9 00:30 |只看該作者

Planet,
I guess your kids are much older than mine and that's why we have different view in terms of summer school.
Yes, if my daughter is older she needs to attend summer school while it is on school vacation, but again, personally I dont like going through church as they are not professional. I believe there is quite alot of summer school around if the timing is not an issue. Besides 9.30-3pm doesnt seem cover the working parent schedule.

By the way, you mix up the SUN school and Chinese school from my posting. My daughter attend Chinese school at that Chinese church for last semester but not that current one. I took her out as I want her to attend more activities rather than language class. SUN school is free but doing the craft work only and the purpose to have it  as parent can attend church service upstair peacefully. I am not a  church person and I just put her there as I want her to mix with some Chinese as I will put her back to Chinese class next year.

I am a working mom but I can still manage to send my daughter to do some actitivies with professional. It is kind of joy to see how much she gains from there and I dont mind driving her around if my time permit.

37#
發表於 07-3-9 00:40 |只看該作者

鳳梨,
I guess you sign up for the wrong daycamp if your child is not active. Yes, daycamp is design for students only and I think it is a good experience for a child. May be when your child is older, you can try again but make sure find something your child has interested on it first.

Due to my working schedule, I dont have much time to put my daughter in different classes, but I know she is interested in ballet, trompoline, ice-skating and swimming, I just concentrate on those activities. Plus I see a tennis class open in JUN and I think it will be a good try for her. As a parent, I want to see her to enjoy the activities rather than a job for her.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題