教育王國 討論區 國際學校 St. Catherine VS Anfield
樓主: jennachan
go

St. Catherine VS Anfield [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-12-30 17:48 |只看該作者

Re: St. Catherine VS Anfield

chingyu,

Glad to hear that your kid is in RC, it's a pretty good IS.  

I would like to clarify that: (i'm not going to start a row)
Anfield -- International School based on the British curriculum.
St. Cat. -- English Kinder based on mainstream approach.

I dare to say, on behalf of other Anfield parents, that Anfield is the best kinder in our hearts.  However, we did not deny that St. Cat has some advantages that Anfield cannot offer.  What we oppose is that some parents compared an apple with an orange.  For all IS, we cannot quantify how much the kids have learned.  Therefore, I think it's very unfair to say that Anfield kids are below average!!!!!  They are two different streams!

22#
發表於 06-12-30 23:19 |只看該作者

hi chingyu,
can you pls adv which school is SJS and RC , thanks.
Jenna mom

23#
發表於 06-12-30 23:24 |只看該作者

hi fattymom,
got it...   the topic is created by me...  and i am not trying to compare both schools as apply vs orange.
as i would want to listen diff. comments from all dad and mom on local kinder vs international school.  
that is my concern to put this topic.
anyhow, thanks for your advice.

Jenna MOm

24#
發表於 06-12-30 23:44 |只看該作者

SJS = Shatin Junior
RC = Renaissance College
Beacon Hill

Above all are ESF schools, you may check ESF website to get more informations.

25#
發表於 06-12-31 13:01 |只看該作者

jennachan,

Hi, the parent that I mentioned is not you   .I understand u're in the dilemma in choosing school.    . Hope that u & your honey enjoy the school life

26#
發表於 06-12-31 15:42 |只看該作者

hi chingyu,
i couldn't agree with u that's assumption is incorrect.
I agree that St. Catherine graduate is not limited to local school (your daughter is a very successful example!).
Amongst St. Catherine's parents, i guess >95% will not plan to go to IS (As a St. Catherine's parents, Please correct me if i was wrong. You should have a lot of discussion with other St. Catherines' parents!)
Honestly speaking, I do admire your vision to considering IS after studying in St. Catherine. Have you decided to go to RC?

27#
發表於 07-1-1 10:43 |只看該作者

oooray,

Yes.  I will let my daughter study in RC.  I like RC more than DGJS in many aspects.  Hope my choice is not wrong.

Happy New Year to all.  

28#
發表於 07-1-1 17:03 |只看該作者

jennachan,

Have you made up your mind?
I would choose Anfield because I don't like SC.  The numbers of students in SC is HUGE!  You can't make sure that they would take good care to your daughter.  And if your daughter is not smart enough, they will ask you to leave.  (I have read a message from a mom whose girl has a bite problem in speaking.)  
For me, I will go to the playgroup with my son in coming spring term in Anfield.  But I won't choose it for K1 because it's really expensive.

Radiomama

29#
發表於 07-1-2 17:36 |只看該作者

Hi Chingyu,

What is DGJS ?

Ruby
chingyu 寫道:
oooray,

Yes.  I will let my daughter study in RC.  I like RC more than DGJS in many aspects.  Hope my choice is not wrong.

Happy New Year to all.  

30#
發表於 07-1-2 18:03 |只看該作者

hi Ruby,

DGJS = Diocesan Girls' Junior School

31#
發表於 07-1-3 10:14 |只看該作者

Wow, that's a very famous local school. You are really determined and decisive to make up your mind on RC !

So, what are your reasons behind this decision ?

Ruby
chingyu 寫道:
hi Ruby,

DGJS = Diocesan Girls' Junior School

32#
發表於 07-1-3 15:36 |只看該作者

Undoubtedly DGJS is a wonderful school I guess as many people mentioned.  However, I hope that my daughter may learn in a relaxing environment without high pressure and competition. Instead, she knows how to cooperate and give-and-take with the others.  Maybe I like Mr. Kenny more than Ms. Dai.  

33#
發表於 07-1-4 11:49 |只看該作者

Hi Chingyu,

I'm very interested on the topic elaborated here.  My son is accepted by St. Catherine K1 in 2007.  I am also struggling whether I should send him to Int'l or local kindergarden.  I have the same thinking with you that the path you are planning for your daughter.  In future, I intend to send my son to RC or other IS or other Private school instead of any famous primary shcool like LaSall, DBS.  Fortunately, I can meet you here since there are limited parents from St. Catherine sharing of planning to study in IS.  I choose St. Catherine because it is well-known of its good English standard as well as kids can learn Chinese.  However, I am still not sure how St. Catherine is good as its reputition since I find this kinder transparency is low.  Can you kindly share your view?  

I have a friend's son go to RC year2 this year and he studied in ManSang kinder before.  So I think there are some cases study in local kinder will also go to Int'l primary school.

34#
發表於 07-1-4 13:38 |只看該作者

what is RC?

I also wonder whether SC is good as its reputition.
**************************************** 芍妤bb 10/11/2004 在聖保祿醫院出世,體重 2.6Kg。 ****************************************

35#
發表於 07-1-4 23:35 |只看該作者

Hi chingyu,
thank for your advice...  
Jenna MOm   

36#
發表於 07-1-4 23:40 |只看該作者

HI Fattymom,
i got it...   just wish to make a right decision for my child...

Jenna Mom   

37#
發表於 07-1-4 23:48 |只看該作者

Hi Radiomama,
i do prefer to put my daughter to Anfield as this is my original plan in last year..     however, most of my friend is telling me SC is a good kindergarten and that is why i put this topic to ask diff. mom here.,..
anyway, it really make me feel good and heard diff. comments and knowledges here...
you guys are so nice..

Jenna Mom       

38#
發表於 07-1-5 00:07 |只看該作者

hello Jenna Mom
I wish your daughter will enjoy her school life in Anfield!
From my personal experience, I can really feel the big difference between a small school and an educational organization!

39#
發表於 07-1-5 00:32 |只看該作者

Hi oooray,

Thank you for your support...   
Hope my decision is a good choice for my daughter as this is a first big big step for her life.

Jenna Mom

40#
發表於 07-1-5 00:48 |只看該作者

妤妤,
RC= Renaissance College 啟新書院which is a new IS in Ma On Shan (Primary & Secondary).

ayip,
RC is a very new school which was established in Sept/2006. The school is big and the available seats is more, therefore they need to fill in the no. of student, and may accept those from local kinder (the English level is a bit lower but still acceptable).

However, with several years later, it has already had enough student. I think it will upgrade its English requirement for new student.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題