搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 About RC Y7
查看: 2914|回覆: 26
go

About RC Y7 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-4 17:25 |只看該作者

About RC Y7

Is there any information to share about RC Y7? I would like to apply for my daughter but I do not have any information other than the web site.  Will RC have some induction talk for the admission 2007/08 in the coming months?

2#
發表於 06-11-4 18:03 |只看該作者

Re: About RC Y7

They just had one in Oct.  You can call them to find out more, or you can check on the school's web site.

3#
發表於 06-11-6 17:04 |只看該作者

Re: About RC Year 7

Is there any parents who have attended the induction meeting can share their view? Thank you.

4#
發表於 06-11-6 17:23 |只看該作者

vc267912 寫道:
Is there any parents who have attended the induction meeting can share their view? Thank you.

They provided information about MYP and IB Diploma in detail.  The cirriculum is quite tough, require all-rounded results in academic, extra-cirricular activities and community services to get the certificates in MYP and IBD.  

5#
發表於 06-11-6 19:04 |只看該作者

oh really!! How about parents' imvolvement?

6#
發表於 06-11-6 19:51 |只看該作者

vc267912 寫道:
oh really!! How about parents' imvolvement?

Don't think parents can do a lot at secondary stage, they should learn to be independent and self-motivated.  Parents will have to support financially, e.g. every student has to buy a laptop, they have to join different activities after school etc.

7#
發表於 06-11-6 20:59 |只看該作者

Is your child studying in RC?

Do you mean, they need to bring their own computer to school everyday?

WYmom 寫道:

Don't think parents can do a lot at secondary stage, they should learn to be independent and self-motivated.  Parents will have to support financially, e.g. every student has to buy a laptop, they have to join different activities after school etc.

8#
發表於 06-11-6 21:17 |只看該作者

emily06 寫道:
Is your child studying in RC?

Do you mean, they need to bring their own computer to school everyday?

[quote]
WYmom 寫道:

[/quote]

No, but I have gone to their information session about MYP of year 7 to 11 and was told about this.  They need to take their notebook with them to class, not sure if everyday or not.

9#
發表於 06-11-7 08:14 |只看該作者

So, have you submitted an application yet?
Do you know how it is compared to other ESF schools?

WYmom 寫道:
No, but I have gone to their information session about MYP of year 7 to 11 and was told about this.  They need to take their notebook with them to class, not sure if everyday or not.

10#
發表於 06-11-7 08:23 |只看該作者

emily06,

Yes, we have.  So far we see that RC has good teachers and campus, and a better Chinese program.  Yet the MYP is really new and no public exam at year 11, so difficult to know if it is good.  But the cirriculum is more global and international than other ESF secondary's UK cirriculum.

11#
發表於 06-11-7 13:11 |只看該作者

Dear All
I wan to ask more about RC, my son now study in a traditional school P.5, I found that its too hard for him and sometimes make him scare of study.  So I want to try apply RC for the coming year at Y7 (same level as P 6 in traditional school).  He will attend an interview, can I know if they need very good in English paper work / oral ? Becuase my son is not too good in the existing school. I am worry to put him into the other hard study school. (of couse maybe he will fail the enrol test).

Thank you.

12#
發表於 06-11-7 13:21 |只看該作者

I like the campus very much too.

WYmom 寫道:
emily06,

Yes, we have.  So far we see that RC has good teachers and campus, and a better Chinese program.  Yet the MYP is really new and no public exam at year 11, so difficult to know if it is good.  But the cirriculum is more global and international than other ESF secondary's UK cirriculum.

13#
發表於 06-11-7 16:21 |只看該作者

I agree that the campus is really impressive, and from their website, the teachers are all very experienced.
But I am still worried about the general quality of the students. They need to expend quickly in the next year, so I think they are still desperate in getting students.

WYmom 寫道:
emily06,

14#
發表於 06-11-7 16:32 |只看該作者

wmyt2000,
Please check PM.

emily

15#
發表於 06-11-7 17:50 |只看該作者

wmyt2000 寫道:

I agree that the campus is really impressive, and from their website, the teachers are all very experienced.
But I am still worried about the general quality of the students. They need to expend quickly in the next year, so I think they are still desperate in getting students.

If they introduce written test this year, students quality should be better.  

16#
發表於 06-11-7 17:53 |只看該作者

Desperate in getting students --- that's also my reservation when I applied for my child last year, but now I am happy with what I see. My child has classmates from Clear Water Bay, Japanese International, Kingston, Hong Lok Yuen ( a lot of them) and some other from overseas. They all look to me well-behaved kids.

One more thing -- RC has a team of very good quality teachers.

[quote]
wmyt2000 寫道:

17#
發表於 06-11-7 18:17 |只看該作者

emily06,
I have sent a PM to you.

18#
發表於 06-11-7 18:17 |只看該作者

emily06,
I have sent a PM to you.

19#
發表於 06-11-7 18:18 |只看該作者

emily06,
I have sent a PM to you.

20#
發表於 06-11-8 14:43 |只看該作者

Re: About RC Y7

I have submitted Year 7 application for my son and an english written test is going to take place at RC this coming Saturday.  
‹ 上一主題|下一主題