教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 SKH's interview (Central)
發新帖
樓主: zigzag
go

SKH's interview (Central) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-11-8 14:51 |顯示全部帖子

Re: SKH's interview (Central)

My husband and I and my son interviewed at 10:00am at 1/f classroom opposite to the stair.  The teacher is young and nice with smiling face.  At First, my son sat down in the big table and wanted to play the puzzle and then teacher approached and tried to play with him. But just a few seconds, my son went to another corner to play other toys ( a tray of colourful feathers).  The teacher went immediately with my son, and just wanted to talk to him about the feathers, my son went away again. My son then went back to play the puzzle and the teacher played with him and ask him to take many puzzles with different shapes and colours. Just a while, my son went  to play the toy kitchen and he played the cooking utensil there and the teacher stopped there and asked him to pass her fruits, fork, cup , kettle and etc.  The teacher spent quite long time with him , more than 5 min total.   Finally, the teacher gave him sticker, I asked my son to say thank you, then my son kissed the teacher and say goodbye.  The teacher haven't talked too much with us, just ask us if we are willing to accept PM class.

I think the teacher had no idea about our background when interview.  When I entered into the room, I passed her the file(with our form), she hasn't paid any attention on it.    When my son was cutting some toy fruits and I ask him to cut the favourite pear for his sister.  At that time, 她才看看張form. then , she said "you've got two sisters!"

There were 3 families and 2 teachers in our session and.  Teacher A is concentrated on 1 family, Teacher B is concentrated on another familiy and we. It seemed that the teacher was talking more with my son than the another family.  The parent of one family looked unhappy that his son was being ignored.  

My two daughters are now studying in st. paul co-edu primary school.  I understand each year there is about 10-15 from SKH entering into our school whereas there is more 30 from 寶山.   Among 10-15  from SKH, most of them have relation, like brother and sister studying in SKH.

My second daughter is graudated in St. Paul church 3 years ago.  The teachers there are extremely nice and they love the kids very much,  the relationship between the teachers, kids, even the parents just likes a family.   The teachers always  called me "little sister"    My first daugther is graudated in St. Paul kindergarten, CWB.   I highly recommended this school,  it is very professional, open teaching method, good english base, exceptionally big campus (they will use primary, secondary school area too).

I have some nieces, friend's kids currently studying in SKH,  they also have high comment on SKH.   They say the teaching method is open, not difficult. and the teachers are nice, only but some parents are quite trouble.

2#
發表於 06-11-9 15:35 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, all,
I absoutely understand the feeling if being ignored by the teacher.  Every parents want to have fairness.   Anyway, if SKH doesn't accept you and my kid, remember don't miss st. paul church. It is really a very good school.

My daughter  冇靠任何關係入 st. paul co-edu., 她是靠自己實力,she is quite smart and 好奇的 girl. during interview , she can only sit down for more than 5 min, then she walked and looked around in the room.  But she has good record in paino and swimming when kindergarten stage.  我覺得d 校長要 醒目仔,唔好死死板板。 there is advantage if your kid is keen on  english, music and sport (table-tennis, swimming, etc). hope it is useful for all of you  

3#
發表於 06-11-10 10:36 |顯示全部帖子

Keilocl,
Thank you for your applause.  I am just a common mother like all of you.   

If I were you, I prefer option 2.  

4#
發表於 06-11-10 14:09 |顯示全部帖子

kiu_ma,
Actually we don't know the background between parents.  But most of the parents looked highly- educated.  Even though some parents are obviously rich and renowed, they are still very nice and their kids are very 平民化。 There is no 等級within the school.   As I estimated, around 30-40% is the type you say, and the other is middle-class, like civil servants.

5#
發表於 06-11-12 15:30 |顯示全部帖子

hi, keilocl,
St. paul co-ed is quite good.  Not much homeworks to do.  Time can be spared for doing other acitivities, not just staying at home for studying.   It is more easy than I expected.  But now both the teaching system for primary school and secondary school is going to change a lot.   We just use five years to teach all six year primary shcool syllabus and primary six will be a transition year.  

6#
發表於 06-11-14 15:15 |顯示全部帖子

recieved SKH' letter.  accepted with a.m. class.

7#
發表於 06-11-15 15:33 |顯示全部帖子

my daughter was rejected by skh, and on waiting list of spc.  But 2 months before her k1 started, spc called us there was place for my girl. That's how my girl entering into spc.  (my girl born in Dec, so she is  細女).

For my son this year,  I went to the shcool for application at 8:45a.m. and my interview time is 10:00a.m..   I think interview in the morning is better than in afternoon, just because the kid doesn't feel sleepy and more smart.

After taking 3 interviews in the past two weeks, I think the kid shall be trained with some common toys, like puzzle, kitchen toys 1 months before interview such that they are more familiar with these toys and hence more responsive during interview.

8#
發表於 06-11-16 06:23 |顯示全部帖子

hi, minimum,
my elder daughter is not graduated from skH, she is graduated from st.paul , causewaybay.   
大的女是born in Jan, 是"大女", 而ニ女born in Dec,是"細女".  的確st. paul co-edu like 收「大女」or「大仔」. when My second daugther and I interviewed with the headmistress four years ago, the first question that the headmistress asked was: " would you prefer to apply P1 in next year? Since your daughter is 細女". But then I told the headmistress confidently : though she is small in age, but her ability is absolutely high, that's way she've got 成績業優異生 in the kindergarten".  

For the entering rate, I think SKH is higher than SPC.  every year, just 2-3 person for SPC whereas about 5 for SKH. But it seems both of them have some 關係才可入.   Just told before, a very high rate from 寶山 entering into st. paul co-edu.

9#
發表於 06-11-16 06:28 |顯示全部帖子

hi, keilocl,
I feel very confused too.  I don't know how to make a decision.   SPC is a very nice school with kind headmistress, teachers.  They are all 熟悉 with me .  but I just 兼 the teaching method is a bit typical, not interactive enough.  But on the other hand I don't have enough information about SKH's teaching method.

I don't want my kids studying hardly, and I like interactive teaching way.

Would anyone tell me what is your choice and why if both SKH and SPC accept your kid.

10#
發表於 06-11-16 17:17 |顯示全部帖子

hi mini mun,
If for girl, i will absolutely choose SPK.  It's really really a very good school. Big campus(they will sometimes use campus of Primary and secondary school) with different functional rooms, like art room, cooking room, supermaket and doll room, music room.  The teaching system for English is good, the girls will be trained very smart and mature and good communcation skill and etc.

For small girl, studying at K3 and even P1, P2, P3. They may find difficulty in studying, like writing ,spelling.   Even now, I found my 2nd daugther has difficulty in studying as compared to the big boy/girl in the class. If I could choose again, I would not let my girl be the smallest in the class.  

So, for your case, you better let your daughter studying two year K1 or studying longer at nursery stage. This is not only for entering into St. paul co., but also for her coming life at any primary school.

I will not apply for SPK for my son, I think only 1 or 2 boys "living" in a cloud of girls is not healthy.  He may become "cam-cam".   

11#
發表於 06-11-17 15:57 |顯示全部帖子

Hi, keilocl,
I haven't checked my mail box, I'm still in the office.  I have thought about the choice between SPC and SKH, and tried to ask my friends about SKH.  Up to now, all the comments are quite positive.  Most of them said teacher of SKH is very kind, the kids love their teacher so much. Same as you, I like the spacious area provided by SKH,  this is one of the very important reason I choose SKH.   Comparing the comment on SKH and my actual experience in SPC, I think the teaching method is more systematic in SKH. SO, I probably choose SKH.

12#
發表於 06-11-22 09:22 |顯示全部帖子

today I just go to SKH for registration. I find that the candidate no. of the accepted students are from 1x, to 11xx.  It is very evenly-distributed. So, It proved that even your interview time is in the afternoon, the chance is the same as in the morining.  offcourse, the condition of kids is much better in the morning!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題