用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 聖若望英文小學 (St. Johannes College)
發新帖
查看: 15390|回覆: 18
go

聖若望英文小學 (St. Johannes College) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-10-23 14:39 |只看該作者

聖若望英文小學 (St. Johannes College)

請各聖若望小學家長給意見:

1. 有什麼你們覺得好的地方呢?或者有什麼又覺得不好的地方呢?
2. 小學升中派位,好唔好呢?!會唔會好大機會派到一些BAND 1 的學校呢?

謝謝   

2#
發表於 06-10-23 15:32 |只看該作者

Re: 聖若望英文小學 (St. Johannes College)

Dear August,

My child studies in St Johannes College KG section.  I have discussed this topic with the school and its primary students during the last graduation party.

I met one P.6 girl in the party and asked her which secondary schools her clasmates went to.  She said most of them went to 银僖,黃笏南,英华. Apart from this, according to the school, every year there will be one or two go to Mary knoll/La Salle. They will also get seats in other English schools, such as Good Hope. In sum, all its students go to English schools, either by government allocation or by self application.

Indeed, I also checked these information with the parents while I pick up my child.  More or less same as above.

As a parent of a KG student, I am satisfied with the standard of St. Johannes College KG section.  I think its English standard is quite good.  The students are very polite and good. Mrs. Chung (the headmistress) knows every student and even remembers their names.  

However, the school campus is not so big. Or just because of that, it leads to a closer relationship between the students and teachers because there are only 20 + students in each class in primary section while not more than 20 in KG section.

3#
發表於 06-10-23 19:42 |只看該作者

i just know this is a English traditional school with small class at their web.  Any details e.g. :  all the subjects are taught at English, any Native teachers, any ECA or reading programme.  

4#
發表於 06-10-23 23:48 |只看該作者

{1 students are studying P2 eng and eng math, phonics and all subjects are in eng except chin

my son and cusion got this school and I found the sys of english and english is studying higher level such as P4 study P5 eng and eng math, they got science in P4 and phonics too.  The english standard is really higher than la salle or DBS coz they have a lot of english subjects such as readers .
When my son was in nursey, he need to learn chinese poams and english rythms  , triangle, square, need to know how to reconise all a for apple, b for banana, and Oral test is what do you want to be? What do you want to eat?
Can you write an Aa-Zz?
If your kids is graduate this kindergarten, you will find very difficult and hard to learn in class.
Most of the teachers are very kind and care above the students.  Although the campus is quite old but the teaching methods are so good.
Like private tuitors and small class learning
Quite creative and high standard.
Dont see the outlook, it is very nice inside.
8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

5#
發表於 06-10-24 10:18 |只看該作者

tinatam,

tks.  besides, do you know is this school is pushing type or not.  HAHA,

Many home work or not.

What do you compare with KTS and St. Johannes.
Seems not so many parents talking about this school.

6#
發表於 06-10-24 10:30 |只看該作者

Dear summersunkist,
多謝你的詳細回覆.    你的小朋友會apply 聖若望英文小學嗎?

Dear tinatam,
你是否有倆個小朋友? 以我所知你有一個在根德園讀k3.  我想知為什麼不讀St. Johannes 嘅?  
你又知道St. Johannes 的升中情況嗎?

7#
發表於 06-10-24 11:40 |只看該作者

我個女由P.1 - P.4係讀聖若望, 講真, 英文比一般學校深, 程度是高一班,英文科已分為(reading, phonics, General English,Word Perfect, Oral, Composition),  如P.4等於P.5課程,老師都OK, 學費都幾費, 要3千七, 每年加二百蚊, 功課約5-7樣(everyday), 其實是唔錯, 但最衰沒有中學, 所以升小五, 我已幫個女轉去聖保祿小學.
聽校長講, 小女派位成績理想, 如可派到喇沙, Marynoll, 華英等等!!

8#
發表於 06-10-24 12:36 |只看該作者

My son is studying in P6.  My daughter has just transferred from KTS to St. Johannes.  St. Johannes is a good school.  Bad news is they close the Secondary school section years ago.
[img align=left]http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Eagle38.jpg[/img]

9#
發表於 06-10-24 13:30 |只看該作者

My son is P1 this school, came from other activity approach kindergarten.  He loves the school as well as the teachers and classmates.
St. Johannes is one of the traditional school.  Its syllabus is very tough and its standard is higher (or faster) than other schools by 1 - 1.5 years.  The subjects taught in English are English, Maths, Science Studies and Health Education.  And others are conducted in Chinese such as Chinese, Mandarin, General Studies, Biblical Studies and Computer.  It is almost to focus on English subject.  It means that everyday there are 3 to 4 English lessons consisting of General English, Oral, Phonics and English Reading lessons.  Maths subject is conducted in English.  For 1st month of P1, they already learnt 3-digits addition and subtraction with carrying.  I would like to share that my son already knows how to write any numeric words between "one" and "nine hundred and ninety-nine".  Before being at St. Johannes, he didn't know how to spell from "one" to " ten" in English written because he came from the activities approach kindergarten where there was no dictation, no test and no examination.
The disadvantage of this school is its campus very small.  Its syllabus is very very tough.  We need to spend much time to take care of the children's homework, such as 2 to 3 dictations each week (English, Chinese and English Story Book).    Now he is learning about "time and clock" in Maths that it's quite difficult to explain it and let him understand.
However, we admire it that the school is a small-class teaching.  The number of my son's class is 28.  During the school picnic in mid of October, I learnt from the other form students that their class sizes are around 27 to 30.  The school relationship is very close.
Nice to share above with you.

10#
發表於 06-10-24 13:53 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

11#
發表於 06-10-24 14:04 |只看該作者

No any special.  It should be lighter and comfortable.
My son asked me to buy him a new school bag with wheels.  I don't think it is a "must" because he goes school everyday by school bus.  He just carries his school bag for a few minutes.

12#
發表於 06-10-24 14:45 |只看該作者

Dear August_08,

I don't have to apply for primary school section as it is guaranteed that all KG section students can get a seat in primary section.  That's one of the reasons why I chose St. Johannes KG for my child three years ago.

It is every encouraging that some St Johannes Primary school parents share their views and experience with us in this topic which is not so often in the past.

I really find that this is a good school.  

13#
發表於 06-10-24 15:38 |只看該作者

我喜歡聖若望是因為它是傳統教學及英文水平高. 但有傳言以前學校有老師體訓小朋友, 而令我有d卻步. 現在看過多位家長意見, 令我放心了

請問小一至小四是否可留校至五時溫習功課? 課外活動的情況及費用又如何呢? 你們的小朋友有否在校外參與各種活動?

謝謝各位

14#
發表於 06-10-24 16:32 |只看該作者

Hi August_08,

I have never heard from my son that any body punishment happens at school.  Also I don't think any teachers would act it nowadays.  Actually, my son loves his class teacher even though he said to me she is “好惡”.  During the school picnic and the parent day, she also said to me that herself is “好惡” in the class.  But I saw that my son liked to talk and play with her.  Sometimes, my son played trick on her.
Starting from October of every year, the students can stay at school to complete the homework until 5:00pm.  It's Free-Of-Charge.  There is one teacher-in-charge responsible for its discipline in the class but it's only a tutorial class.  Of course, the teacher is welcome to answer any student's question they raised.  Finally, my son gave up it because of no school bus service provided after that.
The school activities start every Friday after school.  It's a paid activity and voluntary.  School bus will be provided for those students.  Extra fee is required.  It costs HK$140 for 7 lessons.  My son is good at swimming but St.Johannes has no swimming team.
Moreover, my son's class has 7 foreigners from 印、巴籍.  I don't think it would be 雜 in discipline.  As you know the school fee is HK$3,600 x 10 months, most of them come from the medium-class families.  Everyone has supportive parents with a good background.  During the school picnic and the parent day, I talked to these students.  Most of these classmates don't know Chinese.  During Chinese taught subjects, they will go to have General Studies (English version) and French subjects.
Hope you find it useful.

15#
發表於 06-11-29 17:15 |只看該作者

小女剛剛被聖若望(幼稚園)k1錄取,另幾間協恩、培正等面試效果都不錯在等消息,高興之餘又為難了,不知小朋友在聖若望會不會讀的很辛苦,因家裡是講廣東話的..又想她學多些,又怕她辛苦壓力大, 放棄又怕將來後悔... 對聖若望只是慕名卻了解很少,怎麼選擇呢,若能提供意見非常感謝!!!

16#
發表於 06-11-30 21:50 |只看該作者

各位SJC家長,

你好!

小女由K1讀至小一, SJC是一間校風良好的傳統學校, 中英數程度較深, 默書,寫字每星期也有, 但同學仔適應了, 大家都讀得開心. 當然家長亦需配合, 適應它的模式. 對本人來說, 喜歡它的校風.

17#
發表於 06-12-1 17:33 |只看該作者

好多謝您的信息,因為關於sjc的信息實在是太少了,我常路過,只見深宅大院什麼也見不到,網上信息又少,原本以為很難考結果意外考到,也不知太少人報名還是怎麼回事...家長心態就是這樣   ...請問您按質量/價格比來衡量,SJC、協恩、創價、培正等您如何選擇? 還有,關於SJC,K1入學階段小朋友容易適應嗎? 升小一情況怎樣?...太多東西想問..多謝回應!

18#
發表於 06-12-1 17:49 |只看該作者

My son is P1 in SJC but didn't come from SJC KG.
From SJC KG parents' advice, I heard that the academic standard of SJC KG is very high.  Anyway the children are very happy and enjoy the school life.

19#
發表於 06-12-1 17:52 |只看該作者

Hi August_08,

Starting from October, the students are able to stay at school to complete the homework until 5:00pm.  It's free-of-charge but no school bus is provided.
August_08 寫道:
我喜歡聖若望是因為它是傳統教學及英文水平高. 但有傳言以前學校有老師體訓小朋友, 而令我有d卻步. 現在看過多位家長意見, 令我放心了

請問小一至小四是否可留校至五時溫習功課? 課外活動的情況及費用又如何呢? 你們的小朋友有否在校外參與各種活動?

謝謝各位
‹ 上一主題|下一主題