教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Need some advice
發新帖
查看: 1035|回覆: 5
go

Need some advice [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-9-28 19:57 |只看該作者

Need some advice

My daughter just started in the K1 of an IS.  As advised, all her clothes and belongs were labelled with her name.  One day, I could not locate her hat.  I told her teachers.  A week later, the hat was found but there was another name on it!  The teachers said they did not do it and apparently, somebody of the other kid's family wrote the name.  Now, my daughter is confused about whom the hat belongs to.  She even asked me to buy her a new hat.

I am very pissed off and there is no apology from the kid's family.  If you were me, what would you do?

2#
發表於 06-9-28 21:49 |只看該作者

Re: Need some advice

I think there's nothing you can do...unless you want to confront that parent, which can be quite embarrassing.

3#
發表於 06-9-28 23:18 |只看該作者

I just don't understand why there are parents who would do something like that.  The hat costs only 1% of the monthly school tuition.  On the other hand, if I were going to take other's hat, I would remove the original name tags instead of leaving them there to serve as an evidence.

4#
發表於 06-9-29 12:16 |只看該作者

I would ask the parents for clarification, and get it back.

It could be embarassing. We all know that the parents would not have a satisfactory explanation.  However, I need to let my child know that she needs to voice out whenever needed, in this case, her own belongings being taken away without permission.  At this stage, it is more important for a small child to learn right and wrong, and leave the worries about confrontation, embarassment, etc. when she is a bit older and her mind becomes more mature.

5#
發表於 06-9-29 13:37 |只看該作者

有時又未必關家長事,係 d 傭工問題。

我親眼見過無數咁多次,d 傭工去個 lost & found box 搵帽仔衫仔,然後求其拎一件當係自己少主人的。
後來同朋友傾開 ( 小朋友唔係讀我仔學校的 ) ,好多傭工係咁。
有 d ,可能係真係唔見件衫,又搵唔到自己那一件,就求其搵一件頂檔,怕顧主鬧。
有 d ,根本係冇唔見衫,不過搵定一件後備,以備不時之需。

亦又有情形係其他小朋友拎錯,當係自己的東西。

我個仔試過,唔見帽,唔見衫,通常都搵唔返。
有一次我好嬲,開學冇耐就唔見頂帽,到學期尾,有個同學仔還番黎。
頂帽用完一年,洗都洗到殘晒,新帽變舊帽。
而家好多父母唔理 d 細路,以為比錢請傭工照顧,比錢讀國際學校/私校,比錢買玩具,就係盡了做父母的責任,樣樣事旨意 d 傭工,傭工又難得多一件後備;結果一年後先還比我仔。

6#
發表於 06-9-29 13:45 |只看該作者

Chunky,

Absolutely agree to your point!

wcllks,

I'd suggest contacting the parent and find out the reason, maybe it's just a misunderstanding.  You could pass your contact email/phone to the parent thru the teacher or get the parent's contact if she don't mind
‹ 上一主題|下一主題