用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 我自己英文唔好, 但我都想囝囝英文好, 比佢讀國際學校.. ...
樓主: imcutebaby
go

我自己英文唔好, 但我都想囝囝英文好, 比佢讀國際學校... [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 06-8-7 09:19 |只看該作者

Re: 我自己英文唔好, 但我都想囝囝英文好, 比佢讀國際學校...

hi all mums,
may i ask a question regarding after sending our kids to IS, would there be a lot of peers comparison between them, in terms of wealth, what cars your parents are driving, which clubs your parents have memberships, etc. etc.?  Would it highly affect our kids?  Does any mums have such experience?  How would you handle the same?

22#
發表於 06-8-7 13:51 |只看該作者

Hi,

我老公想比囡囡入is, 希望囡囡可以開開心心, 在少d壓力下成長. 但我又驚由kindergarten讀上去d學費太昂貴, 好難afford可以生多個bb.

想問下如果讀is, 可否讀香港的大學? 是不是要考其他試才可報讀本地大學? 還是大家都準備比小朋友到外國升學?

仲有一個問題, 我擔心is的校風會否很壞, 學生只顧玩耍, 不讀書, 很開放....等等, 請問我是否太憂慮?

多謝各位分享, thanks.

23#
發表於 06-8-8 14:19 |只看該作者

請問學費要多少錢一年呀

24#
發表於 06-8-8 14:34 |只看該作者

S Trader,
I think 學之園 not a real internation school, they have over 50% chinese tutor and the learning envirnment is not an IS one.  For your consideration.

25#
發表於 06-8-8 22:54 |只看該作者

QQYANN,
我都知學之園唔算係"真"正國際學校, 但我睇英基個網站, 佢好似好難接本地小學囉...
但都多謝你的意見.

26#
發表於 06-8-10 00:23 |只看該作者

Hi Be Be,

Since most of the IS in Hong Kong will take the IB diploma test in grade 13, they can use IB result to apply for the universities in Hong Kong. But I think most of the IS students will go aboard for further study.

As for the school culture and discipline in IS, I think it is a mis-conception that IS students are bad and poor in academic result. My son has been studying in IS for 8 years. All my friends and relatives say that he is very gentle and mature. In fact, when I sit in their class, I can observe that many of his classmates are the same. Moreover, many IS students can get very good result in the international competitions and exams. My advice is that if you want to send your daughter to IS, your husband and yourself have to have the same mindset of IS. Then, both your kid and you can enjoy the learning method and atmosphere of IS.

FYI, I am going to send my daughter to international kindgarten this summer too. So I am a strong supporter of IS education.

27#
發表於 06-8-10 13:47 |只看該作者

Dear r4parents
Do you think the children there in IS will smoke or take drugs, or easily go against you since they think they are so mature and  independant in  their way of thinking.  How is your experience with your son? Can you share with us?

28#
發表於 06-8-10 16:20 |只看該作者

Hi r4parents
please check pm. thanks.

29#
發表於 06-8-10 22:28 |只看該作者

Hi r4parents,

Thanks so much for your sharing.

Are you going to send your son to overseas to further his study?

Do you mind telling me which IS is your son studying now?

Thanks a lot!

30#
發表於 06-8-10 23:25 |只看該作者

請問多唔多讀國際學校小朋友既家長妳們既子女會留係香港繼續升讀大學?

又或者咁問,香港大學裡多唔多學生係由國際學校考上的?

31#
發表於 06-8-11 20:42 |只看該作者

丫頭 寫道:
請問多唔多讀國際學校小朋友既家長妳們既子女會留係香港繼續升讀大學?

又或者咁問,香港大學裡多唔多學生係由國際學校考上的?

There are more international school students go to HK universities recent years.  There is a different system to take in international school students.  JUPAS for local schools, Non-JUPAS for international schools.

32#
發表於 06-8-12 00:33 |只看該作者

Hi Be Be,

My son was studying in Yew Chung from 2 years old to grade 3. Then he transferred to ESF Clearwater Bay School for grade 4 & 5. He is going to grade 6 this year. It is highly probable that we will send him to study abroad. Of course, the final decision will be on my son.

Cheers!

33#
發表於 06-8-12 04:02 |只看該作者

OKMa 寫道:
Dear r4parents
Do you think the children there in IS will smoke or take drugs, or easily go against you since they think they are so mature and  independant in  their way of thinking.  How is your experience with your son? Can you share with us?

Hi OKMa,

First of all, I cannot share my experience about those behaviors you mentioned because my son is still in the primary school. However, I just don't know why many parents have the mis-conception that students in IS will have those behaviors. To be fair, these behaviors are also found in many local schools and families too.  

From my observation of the various visits to the international  secondary schools and the kids of my friends, most of them behave very well and mature. In fact, I find they are even much  more gentle, considerate and polite than the local students. Moreover, I don't think being mature and having their own ideas is wrong; on the contrary, that's the aim of IS education. As a parent, we have to accept and welcome that our kid has their own idea. Hope this information can be helpful to you. Cheers!

34#
發表於 06-8-12 06:02 |只看該作者

Dear r4parents
Thanks so much for sharing what you experienced.  I do agree with the fact that both local schools (even those highly esteemed schools) and IS will have such cases, but just have the tendency to think  whether getting peer groups who come from the western way of lifestyle will make them easily to be exposed to those smoking or drugs.  Anyway, hope this won't happen.
By the way, will you put your daughter to ESF Clearwater Bay as well , or start with Yew Chung , like your son ?  

35#
發表於 06-8-12 10:44 |只看該作者

Hi OKMa,

Pls check PM.

醒目開學勳章

36#
發表於 06-8-12 21:54 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

37#
發表於 06-8-13 06:33 |只看該作者

Dear r4parents
Thanks and please check pm.  

38#
發表於 06-8-13 07:52 |只看該作者

Hi~
Anyone can give comments above American International School ?

Do you know its tuition fee is higher than almost other IS?
When my son finished Grade 12, is it possible to continue studying in HK?

Tks for your advise.

39#
發表於 06-8-16 16:33 |只看該作者

You can refer to this webpage .[/quote]http://hk.knowledge.yahoo.com/question/?qid=7006062801522

[quote]
machoichun 寫道:
Hi~
Anyone can give comments above American International School ?

Do you know its tuition fee is higher than almost other IS?
When my son finished Grade 12, is it possible to continue studying in HK?

Tks for your advise
‹ 上一主題|下一主題