教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Wide Eye
發新帖
查看: 1148|回覆: 12
go

Wide Eye [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 06-2-25 00:07 |只看該作者

Wide Eye

I am interested in buying this set of early learning kit for my 2.5 years old kid. I have read the discussion of it before but cannot find it now. Can anyone know where ie the thread now?

Besides, any comments on this Wide Eye programme to share? Did anyone buy it & does your kids like it?

Please advise. Thanks.  

醒目開學勳章

2#
發表於 06-3-20 23:31 |只看該作者

Re: Wide Eye

I also want to know as it seems it covers story book, rhymes and songs.  I have received a promotion leaflet stating that they offer $1xxx which is reduced from $6xxx.  Is this really the market price?

3#
發表於 06-3-21 11:26 |只看該作者

Don't waste money on this Wide Eye, it is not as good as DWE.  

The vcd content is not related to their activity books.  

BTW, NO mami here priase Wide Eye is good !!!!

I have one set, but it has been a rubbish for long time ago.

very poor !!!!

4#
發表於 06-3-21 15:13 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

5#
發表於 06-3-21 17:18 |只看該作者

我都買左wide eye, 英文較深同好鬼悶. 我個仔一d都唔鐘意睇,不過d歌都幾好聽既. 我都唔讚成買唔值又無咩好用

6#
發表於 06-3-21 23:09 |只看該作者

I saw a display set at Little Dynamite few weeks ago when I brought my daughter for a trial lesson. I think it is very "British" and may only be attractive to older kids (e.g at least 4-5 years old).

So I made up my mind not to buy it now. Anyway, I find my girl learns English very well by reading lots of story books & watching various TV programs like Barney, Clifford, Noddy, Muzzy, Blue's Clue, Dora, etc.

醒目開學勳章

7#
發表於 06-3-21 23:15 |只看該作者

tazmanic, I noted that from a leaflet issued by Times Publishing Ltd.  Same source of yours?

8#
發表於 06-3-22 09:17 |只看該作者

Hello jychan,

Hi!  So good to meet you here again.
Just a few things that I'd like to consult you about.

I'm somewhat torn between getting a specific set of English programme, e.g. DWE / Kid's ABC for my baby or to get stuff like Baby Einstein / Brainy Baby / Barney / Sesame Street / Teletubbies.

I have shown Lulube a few samples of the latter and he's alright with those.  I think he especially enjoyed Sesame Street coz' there're a lot of kids in the programme.

But showing him these DVDs seem quite haphazard and disorganized whereas I think for DWE / Kid's ABC, the course is more structured.

What do you think?

I really treasure your opinion coz' I see you know a lot about these educational programmes.

THANKS so much!  

Lulube and Lua both weighed 3.2 kg at birth

9#
發表於 06-3-22 09:50 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

醒目開學勳章

10#
發表於 06-3-22 12:41 |只看該作者

tazmanic,  based on the advice of BK mami and the age of my little babe, I will not purchase la.  I will look for other good books and materials la.  Any good suggestion?  

tazmanic 寫道:
[quote]
yeemelody 寫道:
tazmanic, I noted that from a leaflet issued by Times Publishing Ltd.  Same source of yours?

I got it from another source, a local company located at Tusen Wan.  

what is your final decision for it?[/quote]

11#
發表於 06-3-22 23:42 |只看該作者

Lamblamb,
Actually I am not any kind of professionals & know not much about any educational programmes. I am just an ordinary mum to share my experience & opinion with other BK mums here.  

Actually I don't have DWE & just a few DVD of Kid's ABC (not even the full sets). But I do have lots of Barney's, Sesame Street & many other childen's DVDs like Blue's Clues, Richard Scarry. I would say watching these programmes in a limited time a day did help my girl learning lots of English. She can now talk in a very "Gwei lo" way. However, as I've shared somewhere in BK before, I did have a hard time to shfit her back from watching TV as she did addicted to Barney's shows that she wants to watch over an hour every day.

I bought her lots of books & she likes to read. I think she can even learn more via reading & listening to stories told by me. Of course, she also learnt a lot in her daily playgroup lessons.

So, I think learning English not means buying DWE or Kiss my kids. It's an ongoing process & lots to do. To me, DWE is not a must. My friend did lend me some of these videos & she seemed not much interested at all.

I suggest you to show her some Sesame Street, Barney's programmes to our kids occasionally. But more improtantly, try to cultivate his interest in reading, Once he likes to read, he can benefit from it in her whole lifetime.

Just my personal opinion. Nice to share with you. Cheers.   

Lamblamb 寫道:
Hello jychan,

Hi!  So good to meet you here again.
Just a few things that I'd like to consult you about.

I'm somewhat torn between getting a specific set of English programme, e.g. DWE / Kid's ABC for my baby or to get stuff like Baby Einstein / Brainy Baby / Barney / Sesame Street / Teletubbies.

I have shown Lulube a few samples of the latter and he's alright with those.  I think he especially enjoyed Sesame Street coz' there're a lot of kids in the programme.

But showing him these DVDs seem quite haphazard and disorganized whereas I think for DWE / Kid's ABC, the course is more structured.

What do you think?

I really treasure your opinion coz' I see you know a lot about these educational programmes.

THANKS so much!  

12#
發表於 06-3-23 10:36 |只看該作者

Hello jychan,

Thanks so much for your brilliant ideas.  Your thoughts also give me the confidence to continue teaching my baby without the stereotyped-must-have-sets (e.g., DWE, Kid's ABC).  Well, I'm sure that your girl speaks good English coz' her mama does.  You must speak English with her at home too, I guess.

But how do you organize your teaching material?  I mean, take for example, Sesame Street DVDs.  How many discs should I keep stock of in the beginning and do I just play them to my baby in any random order?  Will you repeat the same disc over and over again?  Do you keep a record/set a schedule?

So sorry to bombard you with so many questions and oops, this is really really out of the "Wide Eye" topic.

THANKS once again!!  

P.S. By the way, can you please recommend a phonics set, preferably with "real people/kids" in the show rather than cartoon characters coz' my baby reacts much more to the former?

THANKS SO MUCH!!  

Lulube and Lua both weighed 3.2 kg at birth

13#
發表於 06-3-24 00:39 |只看該作者

Lamblamb,
Please just take my views as reference. I am not a professional. Just to share with you.

As we are already out to the "Wide Eye" topic, perhaps I can share my views on your questions via PM so that other BK parents won't blame me as abusing the forum.    
‹ 上一主題|下一主題