用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Parkview International Pre-school (PIPS)
發新帖
查看: 5141|回覆: 4
go

Parkview International Pre-school (PIPS) [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-12-8 19:12 |只看該作者

Parkview International Pre-school (PIPS)

Does anyone have any experience with the Parkview International Pre-school (PIPS) in Parkview?
If so, could you please share your view and comments.
Thanks a lot.

2#
發表於 05-12-11 12:09 |只看該作者

Re: Parkview International Pre-school (PIPS)

please

3#
發表於 05-12-13 11:09 |只看該作者

teachers and staffs are very rude
>>>>>????

4#
發表於 05-12-14 01:17 |只看該作者

At PIPS, the student base is quite international.  Many of the children came from the Western countries, and some are from other Asian countries.  There are also kids from Chinese families returning from overseas, and a small proportion of local Chinese.  As basically English is the only language used by the kids to communicate among them, the school provides a good environment for the kids to learn oral English.  At the same time, there are regular Mandarin lessons.  One should not, however, expect the kind of highly compressed academic work sometimes found in local kindergartens.  At PIPS, what one sees is learning through playing.

Few people could possibly comment on all of the teachers - even a parent of a current student may only meet periodically the teachers of a particular class in a particular year, plus probably an occasional chance to encounter other teachers in the school and others at the pre-school.  But certainly, there are quite a number of teachers at PIPS who are technically capable in their areas (e.g. music, mandarin, and generally pre-school education), who are caring, and quite importantly, sensitive to the feeling of students.  Many other members of the non-teaching staff are also nice and easy to get along with.

A number of aspects of the pre-school could probably be improved.  For example, like many other small institutions, the school administration at PIPS is not always satisfactory.  But certainly I do not have the impression that the teachers and staff there are rude.

Probably the best way to understand more of the pre-school and its staff is to go and pay a visit – I understand that not much prior arrangement is needed, and so one can just have a personal experience of the typical teachers and staff on a typical school day there.  And talk to the one or two parents that one might encounter there - often, some parents might be there as a voluntary helper.

Hope this provides a different experience.  

5#
發表於 05-12-15 11:47 |只看該作者

Thanks tea007,

Actually I paid a visit to the school already.  As it was renovated not long ago, the spacious and colorful school environment is very attractive.  And of course, the only staff I met was nice too (or else, I won't think about it).

I understand children there learn thru play, like other international schools; but just wanna know whether the learning process is too too playful that my baby will learn not much from school.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題