教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 SC + Heep yunn 點揀
樓主: papaya
go

SC + Heep yunn 點揀 [複製鏈接]

41#
發表於 05-12-5 18:24 |只看該作者

Re: SC + Heep yunn 點揀

elegant,

『If your child is as active and creative and like to do things her way and you find difficulty in discipline him/her at hom, don't choose SC......』
我個囡係依隻性格bor.... 但 KV 又 rejected ...!! 有d 頭痕 tim ~~~

elegant 寫道:
monmantong & mmak,

I would suggest you considering your child's character when choosing between KV and SC.  If your child is as active and creative and like to do things her way and you find difficulty in discipline him/her at hom, don't choose SC, it will make your child worst since the school does not correct child's manner or impose any disciplincy.  However, if you are lucky enough being allocated in a class with a teacher that has a lot of caring and patient (since there are so many, the quality of teacher vary a lot), you child can excel and becomes very good.

On the other hand, if your child is very conservative shy person and easy to discipline, then you should consider SC because the environment will make the child enjoy his/her school life (they can do what ever they want with minimum disciplincy)

One thing I need to emphasize is that you need to put time and effort to follow up your child's progress if you choose SC, because otherwise, you will recieve calls saying that you child is not up to standard.  If you can not afford such time, then an alternative is to send your kid to external classes and that mean extra $$$$.

Finally, SC has too many classes and around 25-30 kids in K2 and K3 classes.  So there is no guarantee of quality of kids graduated from this school.

42#
發表於 05-12-5 18:32 |只看該作者

mmak,

My case is opposite to you. My son is on SC waiting list, but he was admitted by Kenville. He is a a bit quite and passive comparing with other same age boys. He loves reading books, painting instead of running all around, he behaved well outside.
I am so contradicated about this,  I like the maths/Chinese standards of Kv, and the discipline trainning as well. However, i like creative, strong English background., that's why i like SC more..
but now i heard more than one person told me that the teacher quality in Sc varies. On the other hand, the teacher quality in Kenville is better, more stable.
So, if my son can luckily get a seat from Sc finally, but he cannot enter a class with a good teacher, i don't know the result is.
On the other hand, do you think which one is easier to learn outside?
1) English   or 2) Maths?

由 mmak 於 2005-12-05 18:24:11elegant,

『If your child is as active and creative and like to do things her way and you find difficulty in discipline him/her at hom, don't choose SC......』
我個囡係依隻性格bor.... 但 KV 又 rejected ...!!  有d 頭痕 tim ~~~

43#
發表於 05-12-5 22:33 |只看該作者

我認為, 如果自少親子關係培育得法, 父母自然成為小朋友的模仿對象, 而且, 即使全職日間工作的父母, 相處的時間每天晚上及星期六日, 應該比幼稚園更多, 幼兒期父母的影響力較朋輩及老師來得更深. 因此, 我會選擇家教/身教紀律, 校教創意思維及學術

44#
發表於 05-12-6 15:49 |只看該作者

Partly agree with you, as it also depends on the characters of the children.
though kids only spend 3 hours in kindergarten, however, why we, all the partents will select our target kindergartens to them, if there are no influence from the kindergartens, I think parents will choose the kindergartens closed to our home.

由 nov03bb 於 2005-12-05 22:33:12我認為, 如果自少親子關係培育得法, 父母自然成為小朋友的模仿對象, 而且, 即使全職日間工作的父母, 相處的時間每天晚上及星期六日, 應該比幼稚園更多, 幼兒期父母的影響力較朋輩及老師來得更深. 因此, 我會選擇家教/身教紀律, 校教創意思維及學術  

45#
發表於 05-12-6 17:17 |只看該作者

I agree that parent has a lot of influence to their children, but I don't know if you are aware that children behave differently when they are at home and when they are at school.  

At home, they are facing parents and most of the time, they are disciplined.  But in school, where there is so many kids around, children are very often excited and can not control themselves and therefore misbehave.  If the school does not address this mis-behaviour, the children will continue this behaviour at home and make parent difficult to discipline.

This is in fact my actual experience, my daugther likes to follow others in her school, but regretably, she only follow those naughty ones because these one tend to play a lot.  Until now, she is in K3, when I sent her to school in the morning, she is still running around in the classroom with her other classmates while I was talking to her teacher. No body ask them to stop even though there was other teacher assistant in the class

46#
發表於 05-12-6 19:06 |只看該作者

elegant,

thanks for your sharing. I think it is the most concern for most of the parents, everyone wants their kid to behave very well but in the meantime, they have to be very creative, active, know every thing, have high academic level. it is a dreamof us.

So, i think it is the disadvantages of the active-learning approach, which the western countries do love the children to be like this, and does not feel any problem with this behavior.
That's why a lot of parents are struggling whether they have to put their children into traditional school or school with active approach, like Kenville or St.Cat.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖