發新帖
樓主: @CKP@
go

~聖嘉勒英文女幼稚園~ [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-10-17 23:36 |顯示全部帖子

Re: ~聖嘉勒英文女幼稚園~

Charlotte_mom 寫道:
其實係咪真係以前上下晝共4班小一, 而家變左只有全日制2班? 如果係, 未來爭入p1將會難好多, 早d"馬"住個幼稚園位好d!

I'm an old girl of St. Clare's from pp1 (K2 of nowadays) up to F.7.  In my primary school days (198x), we had 2 or 3 classes of P.1 in each am/pm session, each having around 4x pupils.  So altogether there were 6 P.1 classes at maximum!

Becky
My lovely Chezkel is 6.5 yrs old la!!

2#
發表於 05-10-18 23:49 |顯示全部帖子

Hi DWC,

Sorry that my writing pad is out of order, so that's why I need to type in english.

I can still recall my kindergarten days (197x) in St Clare's were quite enjoyable ... lots of activities and fun.  For primary, the school focused very much on student's discipline.  The atmosphere was really a bit serious.  But then it turns out that most clarians do have good discipline in my view.  In my days from P.1 to P.3, all subjects except english and reading lessons were taught in chinese.  From P.4 onwards, more subjects such as science, civics, bible knowledge were taught in english.  English standard of St. Clare's primary is very good and it definitely laid a good foundation for me to learn advanced english in the secondary stage.  One thing I like in St Clare's Primary is that, we didn't use A-E to name and differentiate classes.  We use beautiful flower names for P.1-P.3, bird names for P.4 and good attributes for P.5 to P.6, e.g. I was in P.3 Bluebells am and P.6 Wisdom pm.

I started F.1 in St Clare's Girls' School in 1985.  It's trivial that standard and academic results of Clarians are really not as superior as students of St Stephen's and Sacred Heart.  But St Clare's is still a kind of girls' school with 純樸校風 and good academic results.  St. Clare's should be a band 1 school as it is one of the 114 schools allowed with the use of english as teaching medium among all 400 sec. schools in HK.  Girls of my peer group in St Clare's are all with quite good english standard.  Frances Yip, the singer, is also a clarian.  I once saw her in TV thanking St. Clare's for teaching her good english!  I still missed the school days in St Clare's.  

I know my views are quite personal and probably outdated. But I just wanna hope the above can help all mammies here to choose.

Becky  

3#
發表於 05-10-19 23:40 |顯示全部帖子

Hi rasseles, Markbean, @CKP@,

Great to meet so many Clarians here ah! Markbean, I just visit 豆豆's photo album.  You do look quite young ahh !!

Hi Kaixin,

Hope you find my sharing useful.  I'm a mother also.  I surely also wanna know more info about the schools I wish to apply for my son la!  Ahh... choices for kindergarten in Central & Western seem to be more limited than for girls.   

Becky

4#
發表於 05-10-21 23:29 |顯示全部帖子

Hi markbean,

markbean 寫道:
beckylui,
係呀好開心呀,竟然係bk遇到咁多校友,真係好有親切感!
仲有,多謝你讚我young呀!我當你講真架啦!

I'm surely telling the truth la!  Your daughter is also very cute and pretty ... is she in fact your younger sister??   

Hi 瑄婷,

Regarding the walkathon, or other school activities ... since I didn't join the alumni club, I don't have much info about these things.  The most recent one was an re-union at secondary school in 02 or 03 before the school improvement work (building an annex block and 1 more floor at the roof) commenced.

Are both your daughters studying in St Clare's?  Kinda or primary?

Becky
‹ 上一主題|下一主題