搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Comments on KBCK!
查看: 11060|回覆: 94
go

Comments on KBCK! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-9-5 13:11 |只看該作者

Comments on KBCK!

How's the school?  Its seem more favour to non-Chinese students.  Please comment!

2#
發表於 05-9-15 15:48 |只看該作者

Re: Comments on KBCK!

I also want to know any comments on this school.  Thanks for sharing.

3#
發表於 05-9-17 21:42 |只看該作者

ramami 寫道:
How's the school?  Its seem more favour to non-Chinese students.  Please comment!

應該都會收chinese student. 只要你識講英文便會收 .

4#
發表於 05-9-17 23:48 |只看該作者

以我所知好似得 k1 & k2 咋, 其他都唔係好清楚, 反而我個囝上playgroup 個miss 又 推介呢間比我個囝讀喎!!!

5#
發表於 05-9-18 09:28 |只看該作者

國際學校, 主要5 歲入小學, 所以無k3

6#
發表於 05-9-18 12:54 |只看該作者

Hi,

For the last 2 weeks, my son has learnt to sing some English songs such as London Bridge Is Falling Down, Song of ABC and Do Re Me. Besides, I have no ideas of what the school has done with the kids. I want to learn more about what the school does with the kids but there's no system of communication with parents as other schools have got something like handbook or communication book with weekly communication with parents. Also, my son took a lantern home from school on Friday.
Be honest, my son has learnt almost all famous English songs already before his school. I want him to learn more vocabulary. But it seems that this school doesn't help much. I want something 'concrete' with books. I'm thinking if I got a wrong school for my son. Maybe it takes time to grow ...
Minggrace

7#
發表於 05-9-18 14:42 |只看該作者

Hi Minggrace,

My daughter is studying in ICS at the moment, before she was studying in a local famous traditional school.  Honestly, she can learn a lot of acamadic things in traditional school, but she was not happy coz there's homework and dictation everyday.  So this year, I decided to change to ICS.  

For the age of 5, most Int'l school will only focus on child's personal development, let them play and learn to play with others, let them respect each other, learn his/her responsibility and learn to be more independent.  Child can learn a lot from playing.  They will only encourage them to read more books, to explore the world by themselves.  It is totally different with the local school so you can't compare how many vocab he/she can learn today, etc..etc... But kid will enjoy to go to school and definitely have a happy childhood.

8#
發表於 05-9-20 08:34 |只看該作者

can anybody tell me what is the full name of KBCK and ICS?
吾家三隻小豬樂融融 ;-)  ;-)  ;-)

9#
發表於 05-9-20 09:39 |只看該作者

KBCK = Kowloon Baptist Church Kindergarten. It is run by the Kowloon International Baptist Church located at 300 Junction Road near the Baptist Hospital.

ICS = International Christian School. Its kindergarten & primary sections are located in Fotan now and will move to Shek Mun in 2007.
ICS click here

10#
發表於 05-9-20 22:30 |只看該作者

hi,
1.  我個仔係星期五都帶左個燈籠返黎. 其實間學校真係唔使教書, 佢地提倡" learn to play".
2. 雖然無教ABC, 但我發覺我個仔"講"英文又進步左wor

11#
發表於 05-9-20 23:07 |只看該作者

fannychoi,

To me, the lantern is a real surprise because it's very pretty and I know my child was the one who made it with a little help from the teacher (my child painted both sides of the paper and put the glittering glue on).  

I also found my child's expression has improved.  She speaks more clearly than before.  She is also more positive about greeting people.  Not sure if it's because she's older now but I think she picked this up from the school.

12#
發表於 05-9-21 08:16 |只看該作者

Hi

Every day, after school finishes, I ask my son if he is happy with the school. Gladly, his answer is YES. You're all right. Maybe it's sort of learning to be done through PLAY. I shouldn't have been influenced by others. Yesterday, I was surprised that my son urged me to read a story book with him. (I mean whole sentences, not just single words.) He seems to have developed interest in reading stories. I guess it has something to do with the school. I dunno. I'll wait and see.
What's more, I'm happy that the kids will need to give a brief talk about the photos next week. That's great as I know the school will ask the kids to give a short presentation from time to time (A friend of mine told me that's the practice of KBCK.).
Minggrace

13#
發表於 05-9-21 14:03 |只看該作者

Hello All,
KBCK brings us together again.  

My son started school two weeks, I have seen the positive influence on him too.

One big change is he likes school and willing to talk about his school life.  He is happy to be there.

I found him more creative, patience and attentive.  The way he plays is a bit different.  He tends to make the normal things out-of-the-box.

As one of you said, KBCK emphasizes learn thru play.  I'd like to add what I can recall from interview - a stress on skills spanning social, communications, self-help in K1 too.

I like the 榕樹頭時間 in the drop-off room.  An interactive session, I saw the kids have fun there.

By the way, I really like the lattern he made in school.  I guess I need not enrol any arts & crafts course for this year.

One funny silly thing, he said the class teacher kisses his head/hair everyday.  He requests me to kiss his hair as well.  
salami

14#
發表於 05-9-21 19:21 |只看該作者

26/9 要帶兩張相返去

15#
發表於 05-9-21 21:21 |只看該作者

Did any parents tell me what they asked during the interview?  Did they interview the kid alone or together with their parents? or they will ask the parents questions too.  Thanks for sharing your opinions.

16#
發表於 05-9-21 21:59 |只看該作者

Jkwan 寫道:
Did any parents tell me what they asked during the interview?  Did they interview the kid alone or together with their parents? or they will ask the parents questions too.  Thanks for sharing your opinions.

interview 時是父母和子女一起, 其實interview 的問題唔重要, 我個仔同Mrs Sam 講了兩句問就走左出去玩沙, 基本上係同父母傾下,睇下個細路係唔係以英文溝通先至係最重要.

17#
發表於 05-9-24 23:27 |只看該作者

Hi salami,

It's nice to hear you again.

If I am the class teacher of you son, for sure  I'll
give a big kiss to your little handsome boy too.

My daughter didn't tell me what she has done in the school everytime when I asked her, but your boy can
tell. But she has shown some improvement on his
oral.

You have mentioned "榕樹頭時間" is an interactive
session, what is that ?  Do you meant the waiting
time before they go to classroom, my helper said
the kids are nothing to do just sitting on the carpet and wait for the teacher.

Please let us know if you found more interesting
thing from school.

18#
發表於 05-10-15 14:19 |只看該作者

Hello tyli,

Trying to address your questions though it has been late... pls accept my apology.
Yap, I mean the waiting time before lining up to classroom.  A teacher would tell story or sing songs with them.

I've received the class picture, can you tell me your girl's name via PM.  I cannot recognize her.

Do you like the recent crafts?  I found it's wonderful and  meaningful cos he can tell most of things he made.
Did her yell to go to school during term break?  My son was a bit disappointed cos no school this week.
salami

19#
發表於 05-10-19 15:09 |只看該作者

Re:KBCK

I am interested in enrolling my son to KBCK in 2006, however, I called their school last week but no one answer.

Any mom can let me know their
1.  Phone no.
2.  When they will start to receive applications for the academic year 2006.
3.  Any other relevant information

Many thanks.

20#
發表於 05-10-19 15:41 |只看該作者
(post deleted)

[ 本帖最後由 CherylMum 於 09-11-15 11:04 編輯 ]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖