用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 anything I could do if waitlisted by Kellett?
發新帖
查看: 5306|回覆: 11
go

[小學] anything I could do if waitlisted by Kellett?

發表於 21-2-17 11:18 |顯示全部帖子
millions of thanks in advance if anyone could kindly share some tips, here goes our situation:
My 4-year old boy just finished interview with Kellett Kowloon Bay, Reception year by the end of last month. Kellett admission office emailed us last week, saying that the feedback from the interview was positive, and the school would be happy to accept the boy once an opening arises. There will be continuous movement of the waitlist and we shall be informed if the school is able to offer the boy a place.

My son moved to Hong Kong half year ago, so we did submit the application quite late, ie, September 2020. Hence it was not a big surprise that he got waitlisted. My question is, shall we do anything to 'impress' the admission office in order to move him to a more advantageous place in the waitlist?

I consulted a few friends who had children in international schools, though not necessarily Kellett. Some said 'no, you shouldn't bother the admission office at all, just wait quietly'; yet some said 'yes, you should email the office once a month to kiss the ass' ... some even suggested 'once a week' which seems to me quite exaggerating :(

Sincerely appreciate if anyone could share some tips, we desperately need some guidance/suggestions, thank you all!

發表於 21-2-17 12:48 |顯示全部帖子
My daughter is on wait pool for another school. I only called the admission office once 2 months after receiving the wait pool notification asking general questions on how wait pool works like chance for 2nd interview and how applicants are ranked. I may give a check-up call in another 2 months time but certainly not to call on a weekly basis.

發表於 21-2-17 13:06 |顯示全部帖子
Their admission office is very irresponsible! Messy! Some of them get offers quickly, some of them just keep waiting, only depends on how the admission office treat your application.
They even told me they lost my son’s application!!!! I paid 2k and said it was lost? What??!!

發表於 21-2-17 13:53 |顯示全部帖子
GZBJ 發表於 21-2-17 11:18
millions of thanks in advance if anyone could kindly share some tips, here goes our situation:
My 4- ...

Definitely not once a week, if you really want the spot so badly, maybe once a month sounds reasonable.
My experience is I never contacted the school for waitlist, I doubt if it’s useful at all, unless you are someone they already knew, eg a parent with sibling studying there.
At that time I got a wait call, I declined it and immediately told my friend about it because she was waiting for the spot too, so she called the school immediately knowing there was a spot, but the school still told her there was no use to contact them since they have “their own order for giving offers, so just wait”.

發表於 21-2-17 14:56 |顯示全部帖子
Hi, my son is in PFL Kellett reception this year.I’m not sure if there’s any advantage of calling the administration team. However, I did emailed them twice after knowing that my son has passed the stay and play session. They were very friendly and had responded very promptly.

I think it’s good to let them know that you really like the school, but not to put too much pressure on them coz they couldn’t do much on it.

Good Luck :)

發表於 21-2-17 16:01 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 ckmammy 於 21-2-17 16:02 編輯

I applied to a school few years ago in September, they put me on wait list. I emailed and message  them few months later and they said they will have a better idea of space availability in February.  I called again in Feb but space was still not available.  
In March, I received offer from another school and I accepted the offer.  I never called back the other school since then. Until June, that school finally emailed me and ask my child to do the assessment, but that was too late and I declined it. My experience told me if they have spot and if your child is in good fit they will send you offer, otherwise, no matter how many times you called them, its not going to help you gain a spot.

發表於 21-2-17 18:29 |顯示全部帖子
964000 發表於 21-2-17 13:53
Definitely not once a week, if you really want the spot so badly, maybe once a month sounds reasona ...
thank you so much for sharing. By 'the school', did you mean Kellett? thx

發表於 21-2-17 18:31 |顯示全部帖子
GZBJ 發表於 21-2-17 18:29
thank you so much for sharing. By 'the school', did you mean Kellett? thx

No it’s another one

發表於 21-2-17 18:31 |顯示全部帖子
Kgkgkgkg 發表於 21-2-17 14:56
Hi, my son is in PFL Kellett reception this year.I’m not sure if there’s any advantage of calling  ...
thank you so much for sharing. May I know how long it took from knowing the result of 'stay and play' to eventually receiving the offer? Many thanks

發表於 21-2-17 18:50 |顯示全部帖子
GZBJ 發表於 21-2-17 18:31
thank you so much for sharing. May I know how long it took from knowing the result of 'stay and play ...
1 month in my case

發表於 21-2-17 19:40 |顯示全部帖子
We received an offer after being on the wait list for around 8 months. (Not Kellet) We did nothing at all, no phone calls, emails etc. Some schools work on a wait list (meaning everyone’s on a list with order) , while some schools work on a wait pool (they’ll call up a child with similar profile as the one who left, like ethnicity, gender, nationality).
I personally don’t believe emails or phone calls (which are adding extra work load to the admission staff) will boost up your chance, nor do I think the secretary has the power or authority to do it.

發表於 21-2-17 21:28 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 GZBJ 的帖子

Around 2.5months