嘩好好喎!介唔介意分享係邊間Int school ?

我自己以前讀local school, 幾十年前,我K3已經識得暗戀男同學,小三四五六大把同學拍拖,
反而我仔讀IS仲好單純,同學少機心,
我都覺得好得意。
我以前以為IS個個都好有機心果D添!

24#
發表於 17-10-16 10:36 |只看該作者
osiasho 發表於 17-9-14 01:08
I am wondering should I put my children to IS, can anyone share what character do IS students mostly ...

My kids have graduated from secondary school and are in universities now.

Most IS students in secondary schools are more open minded. They have their own opinions, but are still willing to respect and accept the fact that other people can have opposite stance. Their opinions or decision to make a stance, would be made with consideration of all facts and information, not because of peer pressure. They respect people with different abilities and strength, and have clear and strong believes in their own goal. They are usually would be able to have decision of what they want to be in the future, not having to fall into the stereotype of having to be a doctor or lawyer even if they have top grades.

Someone raised that fact that since people come and go, it is hard for them to have lasting relationship. This point is quite interesting but I think it really depends. My kids have been with ESF since Year 1 and they have no problem with dealing with separation from their friends. The example of someone's experience of parent not willing to let his child play with a friend who MIGHT leave hong kong was absurd. It was purely from the parent's over-protectiveness, and not the genuine characteristics of a child. Parents are usually the culprit. My kids never had similar problems. They are still keeping contact with close friends that left their schools or even those that left Hong Kong. Some of them are actually their university friends now. Parents should let go and not put their hands in kids friendship. Just let friendship develop. Things will fall into the way it should.

25#
發表於 17-10-16 10:40 |只看該作者
Radiomama 發表於 17-9-15 07:07
性格是自小形成,家庭的影響、培育更重要。不要誤以為國際學校的學生就一定主動活潑有識見、懂關懷世界⋯

I think your comments are fair. Parents in Hong Kong tend to stereotype students from IS. This is very dangerous as every kid is really different. And yes, parents or family values have great influence of a child's character or even his daily life. Parents are usually the real culprit in many ways.

26#
發表於 17-10-16 10:54 |只看該作者
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing. I have a follow-up question on the peer relationship of IS students in their primary years. My husband and I went to Anfield open day this weekend. We like this school but since there is no direct secondary, we are a bit reserved. My husband is worried that a child may not be able to get into a peer group when they change to another school (it happened to him when he transferred to another primary school in his young days, probably 2x years ago). Will there be teachers or elder students to help a transferring student to make friends with their peers when they change to a new school? Or are the students in IS usually very friendly to the newcomers? Your opinion will be much appreciated. Thank you :)

27#
發表於 17-10-16 12:55 |只看該作者
Just to clarify, the parent in question wasn't unwilling to let his child play with a friend who might leave hong kong. If i asked for a play date, the mother was willing to meet up. The kids were in kindergarten at the time, and between a family who may be leaving and those others who are in Hong Kong, I think the mother was making wise moves. Kids can't remember much at that age, but the relational experience stays.

28#
發表於 17-10-16 13:23 |只看該作者
Wise move or not it is not for me to say. No friend would suddenly disappear. If parents want to "avoid" this and that, then might as well home school their child. My children have seen many people come and go and if parents explain to them the is no problem. Of course, everyone is different. I am sure many parents think their children are that fragile. I just think many things can happen, it is not like we can plan everything. Not interested in going into further discussion of this case.

29#
發表於 17-10-17 12:19 |只看該作者
mandy_ng207 發表於 17-10-16 10:54
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

Thanks for your sharing. I have a follow-up question on the peer relationship  ...

I do not know about other schools but for ESF, it will be a different school for secondary anyway. So people just come and go and there is no real issues. Having the experience to move around schools, or even move around cities can be pros or cons. Depends on how you see it. There is no perfect world. There is always something that you think it will be a down side of a certain decision. It is only in your head. It is a typical "half cup water" situation ---- depends on how you see it. I just think any decision can be a good decision. Just see how it goes. Honestly, even if you are with a school that is truly through train, there is no guarantee of happy school life. Like I said, parents are too over-protective and are always the culprit. No need to think too much. I see that most kids deal with friends coming and leaving really positively.

30#
發表於 17-10-17 12:51 |只看該作者
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps it's my husband's personal experience that made him worried. Our son is a shy boy, but I do hope he will learn instead of being beaten by any unhappy experiences at school. We will help him, definitely.

31#
發表於 17-10-17 13:15 |只看該作者
回覆 mandy_ng207 的帖子

快唔快融合,呢d係人際關係、社交能力多過係唔係IS。我女學校年年有人返祖家,年年有人插班。有d小朋友好快就如魚得水,有d要媽媽出馬,拉攏朋友仔一齊玩。唔使太擔心,呢d都係經歷。

32#
發表於 17-10-18 18:03 |只看該作者
mandy_ng207 發表於 17-10-17 12:51
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

Thanks for your reply. Perhaps it's my husband's personal experience that made ...

Most kids in the local system would have to go through the exact same thing as we all know there are very limited through train schools.
It's just part of life and we all learn and grow through life experience.
I too was a new student in a secondary school which is a through train school. Yes most kids in there knew everyone else from P1 but there were also enough new comers to the school and that did not stop people forming new friendships. Sometimes being a little bit out of your comfort zone is a good thing.

33#
發表於 17-10-20 11:44 |只看該作者
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

Agree on the friendship part. My husband is ESF alumni starting from Primary all the way to Secondary. Though many of his friends are from different parts of the world and some have moved back to their countries, but their friendship never cease and they still consider each other best friends. They are very loyal to each other and would drop whatever they are doing just to reach out to a friend in need where ever they are. I have to say their friendship is so much stronger and pure than my friendship with my local school friends.

34#
發表於 17-10-20 13:11 |只看該作者
GC0060 發表於 17-10-20 11:44
回覆 nintendo 的帖子

Agree on the friendship part. My husband is ESF alumni starting from Primary a ...

Great to know that!

35#
發表於 17-10-23 17:48 |只看該作者
Thanks for the sharing based on your valuable experience.

36#
發表於 17-10-23 18:25 |只看該作者

回覆樓主:

IS能夠比到思想同生活的空間比小朋友,令佢哋有時間去追求/学習自己想学的事。我見到小孩主動学習動機係比較高
‹ 上一主題|下一主題