61#
發表於 05-9-8 16:02 |只看該作者

Re: 新加坡國際學校??

請問SIS -  PY1 每term學費幾多 $$ ?
Full day / half day?

Thanks!

[quote]
yyyy 寫道:
學費應該是分4個terms,債券是港幣$60000, 每年要$4000是levy???, 沒有refund的.其他便沒有什麼了,書一年是$900佐佑, 課外活動每term幾千元, 我個小朋友由py2被選了跳中國舞, 直到現在, 是免費的, 有校車接送.
我叫伯謙 - 媽咪叫我Bebe,我係2003年10月23日出世,依家有28磅、89cm高、啱啱2歲啦!! ***** Singapore trip ******* SINGAPORE TRIP PHOTO - LOT 2

62#
發表於 05-9-8 16:12 |只看該作者

Hi 4Y

Rem me?   

The story in "I Not Stupid" is not exaggerated but very factual indeed.   Maybe the abolishing of EM1-EM3 came about because of the show.......

63#
發表於 05-9-8 22:41 |只看該作者

Dear yyyy

你對星加坡所知甚詳
實在毋須我贅言

讀書壓力自然是有的
但如沒壓力
家長也一樣有壓力
同意嗎

我們回星加坡
只因Daddy是當地人
遲早也要回去呢
但將來計劃會往外地升學
大家都這樣p1an吧

Hi f1orance
你在ptm聽到甚麼
可否分享
我女兒在PY2
但是新生呢
看來她很喜觀老師
這兒的老師确很好
同意嗎

64#
發表於 05-9-9 10:28 |只看該作者

hi kitkitkit,

主要是普通話老師及英文老師分別講解所有派給小朋友的每本書/功課是怎樣溫習或家長應如何協助小朋友做功課; 她們所給予小朋友的獎勵 (eg, 蓋印/貼貼紙..etc)...

還有她們是怎樣教小朋友學習普通話及英文 (很活動的及有趣味性)...

還有派發小朋友上課的時間表, 知道小朋友每天會做什麼, 另外老師亦會讓家長知道小朋友正在學那一個主題, 等等...

只是一個小時的見面, 很快就完成...(老師真的很NICE)...

之後我到了樓下的BOOK FAIR 買了幾本圖書, 有折, 好平...

kitkitkit 寫道:
Hi f1orance
你在ptm聽到甚麼
可否分享
我女兒在PY2
但是新生呢
看來她很喜觀老師
這兒的老師确很好
同意嗎

65#
發表於 05-9-9 11:44 |只看該作者

CCM,
終於見番妳, 每次入bk都會先到新加坡媽咪會所看看有沒有關於新加坡的最新消息, 不過近來比較靜, 是否近來忙開學呢?

取消佐EM1-EM3, 咁D家長是否會輕鬆D呀, 應該是好消息!!!

CHERLY,

GRADE             SCHOOL FEE (BEFORE SUBSIDY: S'PORE DEDUCT hk$15700/YEAR)
Preparatory Year 1-2          HK$60900
Primary 1- 6                       HK$73500

florence,
昨天的PTM,有3個大發現: 1. 四年班的中文是分流教,老師說這是因才施教, 但考試的內容是一樣;2. 四年班的家長會買很多中文的補充練習, 我沒有買, 但有d壓力;3. 四年班的Science每周只有4節課, 但要教完1本課本, 4本作業, 真難為了老師;

kitkitkit,
因對新加坡有興趣, 所以留意多d囉, 都是多謝各位比意見.

CCM 寫道:
Hi 4Y

Rem me?   

The story in "I Not Stupid" is not exaggerated but very factual indeed.   Maybe the abolishing of EM1-EM3 came about because of the show.......

66#
發表於 05-9-12 09:48 |只看該作者

昨天同我的新加坡朋友傾計, 佢話SIS教既science都幾深架, 而且用既英文書都深 (佢話係分分鐘local school 中四生讀既都唔夠SIS既小學生深), 佢有幫男小拔既學生補習, 知佢地都有用新加坡出既英文書, 不過就應該比SIS用既低1-2個level...

其實我想問下, 你有無諗過將來同個女考下香港既中學, eg, 女拔 or st. mary ??

[quote]

florence,
昨天的PTM,有3個大發現: 1. 四年班的中文是分流教,老師說這是因才施教, 但考試的內容是一樣;2. 四年班的家長會買很多中文的補充練習, 我沒有買, 但有d壓力;3. 四年班的Science每周只有4節課, 但要教完1本課本, 4本作業, 真難為了老師;

[quote]

67#
發表於 05-9-12 14:18 |只看該作者

florence,
怪唔得我個女讀英文讀得咁吃力, 我們始終是香港人,廣東話才是母語. 有一日佢同我講佢最喜歡數學, 其次是中文, 最後是英文, 我就更加擔心, 所以今早起身又提佢睇多d英文書,真是很怕有反效果...

中學阿女最想在新加坡讀, 雖然上年中學的中央派位SIS都有D人入了名校, 但始終個女的意願最緊要...

講開程度, 上星期PTM時有個MOMMY的大仔去佐CIS讀, 佢話去到的第一年好似HONEY MOON, 因SIS的程度比CIS高一年, 但第二年就覺得很辛苦, 因CIS是PROJECT-ORIENTED, 佢個仔要重新適應交功課的模式和SKILLS...

[quote]
florence 寫道:
昨天同我的新加坡朋友傾計, 佢話SIS教既science都幾深架, 而且用既英文書都深 (佢話係分分鐘local school 中四生讀既都唔夠SIS既小學生深), 佢有幫男小拔既學生補習, 知佢地都有用新加坡出既英文書, 不過就應該比SIS用既低1-2個level...

68#
發表於 05-9-12 15:33 |只看該作者

dear yyyy,

聽完你0甘講, 我覺得你個女好知道自己既方向, 俾多d鼓勵佢, 可能將來讀大學, 佢都會揀讀數既科目呢....(你試下問一個中學生, 可能都未必答到你佢自己喜歡讀咩, 或者你問佢喜歡唱邊個歌手既歌就可以好肯定0甘答到你既...)

其實我朋友係新加坡係讀數架, 佢話係當地讀書, 離唔開做練習, 做完又做, 尢其係maths....所以你都應該同個女講, 想d maths計得好d, 都預左要成日做練習架喇...

我覺得唔好迫得佢太緊, 其實讀得國際學校既小學生, 老實講英文真係唔會差, 我相信佢地既水平已經比好多本地既"中學生"好好好多了.....

我老公有一個留學英國既朋友曾經勸我老公俾我地個女係國際學校讀, 等佢既英文根底好d, 將來要讀任何科目既時候, 英文唔會成為佢既阻力, 0甘樣佢讀其他科目時都會事半功倍, 然之後再發掘下佢對邊科有興趣, 再加以培養....

我覺得"英文/普通話"只係一個"工具", 係用0黎學習其他科目/知識, 所以如果我係你, 我只會要佢學懂呢個"工具", 然之後再用佢0黎學好其他科目.....

69#
發表於 05-9-13 17:04 |只看該作者

florence,
我睇過d書話最好早d讓小朋友知道自己的目標, 所以在佢5-6歲時我就問佢將來想做什麼工作, 我見佢個人又要求高, 又有責任感, 又唔怕恐怖的東西, 就有意焦意話做醫生幾好, 點知佢同我講做醫生好危險, 年年都有d新病毒, 一時禽流感, 一時sars....佢話自己想教書, 我就同佢講教書都很好, 但科科都要叻先做到老師, 最好是教大學, 但做professor要很喜歡睇書架....

continue.....

florence 寫道:
dear yyyy,

聽完你0甘講, 我覺得你個女好知道自己既方向, 俾多d鼓勵佢, 可能將來讀大學, 佢都會揀讀數既科目呢....(你試下問一個中學生, 可能都未必答到你佢自己喜歡讀咩, 或者你問佢喜歡唱邊個歌手既歌就可以好肯定0甘答到你既...)

其實我朋友係新加坡係讀數架, 佢話係當地讀書, 離唔開做練習, 做完又做, 尢其係maths....所以你都應該同個女講, 想d maths計得好d, 都預左要成日做練習架喇...

我覺得唔好迫得佢太緊, 其實讀得國際學校既小學生, 老實講英文真係唔會差, 我相信佢地既水平已經比好多本地既"中學生"好好好多了.....

我老公有一個留學英國既朋友曾經勸我老公俾我地個女係國際學校讀, 等佢既英文根底好d, 將來要讀任何科目既時候, 英文唔會成為佢既阻力, 0甘樣佢讀其他科目時都會事半功倍, 然之後再發掘下佢對邊科有興趣, 再加以培養....

我覺得"英文/普通話"只係一個"工具", 係用0黎學習其他科目/知識, 所以如果我係你, 我只會要佢學懂呢個"工具", 然之後再用佢0黎學好其他科目.....

70#
發表於 05-9-14 15:20 |只看該作者

Hi 4Y

Yes ah!  September is always a month of flux and changes as the kids get back into their schools, with new ECA classes etc.  

Abolishing EM1-EM3 has been an interesting topic.  As far as I know, some schools still have such exams in P4 but they claim the results are used for their own records.   But it is indeed a relief to most parents in that their children would not be "branded"........

71#
發表於 05-10-14 11:02 |只看該作者

Hi mommies:

May I know the school fee of its kinder? Is there any subsidy ? And the interview? How is it? It's a group or individual interview? Any mommies can share?

Also, are the students there mainly local/S'poreans? Any westerners?

72#
發表於 05-10-14 15:26 |只看該作者

florence,

前幾日收到學校通知會有中學和預科, 雖然唔知確實時間, 但都很開心, 希望兩年之內啦, 起碼多一個選擇.

阿女唔肯讀香港的學校, 如果等唔切, 就要去新加坡讀了,不過要新加坡申請一間好學校都唔容易, 競爭都很大.

對於中學部, 妳有什麼期望? 如果有中學部, 相信會多d人報名, 希望唔會影響妹妹的入學機會.

florence 寫道:

[quote]

florence,

[quote]

73#
發表於 05-10-14 18:34 |只看該作者

Hi, yyyy,

do you know whether currently, the English subject is taught by english speaking native teacher or not.  I learnt  that some classes in primary section are taught by Singoprean teacher before.

I have concerns about the accent of singlish if the SIS students continue to study in the secondary school.  

thanks
ngtw

74#
發表於 05-10-17 10:00 |只看該作者

ngtw,

Sorry ngtw, I cannot help this time.  I don't know others but my child is taught by native english so far.  Her english teacher this year is a canadian.

For my experience, for the Maths and Science subjects, I prefer Singaporean teachers to teach as they know how to teach better.

ngtw 寫道:
Hi, yyyy,

do you know whether currently, the English subject is taught by english speaking native teacher or not.  I learnt  that some classes in primary section are taught by Singoprean teacher before.

I have concerns about the accent of singlish if the SIS students continue to study in the secondary school.  

thanks
ngtw

75#
發表於 05-10-18 14:34 |只看該作者

hi yyyy,

"前幾日收到學校通知會有中學和預科"

I also rec'd that circular, my hubby and I are pleased to hear such good news.

"對於中學部, 妳有什麼期望? "

I don't posses any expection to it cuz it's too remote to me as my daughter is just at PY stage now but I really feel happy to hear this good news as it means that my daughter can have a chance to continue her secondary education in HK.

76#
發表於 05-10-18 22:05 |只看該作者

Re: 新加坡國際學校?? Secondary School

I agree that Singaporean teachers have their merits. In fact, most of the senior classes are taught by Singaporeans because they know the Singapore  education system better. Westerners can plays with kids very well, but they may not be serious about exams.

I am so glad to hear that SIS is going to build a Secondary school. As such, I don't have to worry about finding a secondary school for my son.

77#
發表於 05-10-19 00:28 |只看該作者

I heard that quite a number of students change to other international schools just before they finish primary.  Is that really so, and is there any particular reason for that?

78#
發表於 05-10-19 20:53 |只看該作者

Before they decided to build a secondary school, you only have three choices:-

(1) continue the secondary education in Singapore (need to take an exam, PSLE)
(2) switch to a local school (unlikely)
(3) switch to another international school (e.g. GSIS, CIS, ESF)

Also, some students cannot cope with Chinese or found the curriculum too demanding.

79#
發表於 05-10-21 10:56 |只看該作者

tea007,

The main reason for my understanding is that as SIS doesn't have secondary, to ensure a seat at better Int'l secondary school, we must enter their primary school first, like in P5 or latest P6.

Actually, after SIS gets a link with ACS-Int'l Secondary in Singapore, less people change to other int'l schools already.

I think as SIS will have it's own secondary school in Hong Kong, the case will be totally different.

We, parents are most welcome and hope SIS has it's secondary school as it shows satisfactory academy standard we would like our children to continue to study there.

A balance engish and mandarin enviornment for our children to study is our hope, esp. in Hong Kong.
tea007 寫道:
I heard that quite a number of students change to other international schools just before they finish primary.  Is that really so, and is there any particular reason for that?

80#
發表於 05-10-21 11:18 |只看該作者

hi yyyy,

absolutely agree........

維維返左1個多月sis, mandarin由完全唔識到而家好enjoy用mandarin唱佢所學既兒歌, 感覺係好意外, 好開心.......

她已開始用寫簡體字, 昨晚看她做完的功課, 她突然好自豪地同我講: 媽咪, 我而家識寫好多字喇....

最近我係Dymocks書局買了一盒Brain Quests同佢玩, 裡面有300條英文常識題, 都幾有趣, 佢好喜歡我問佢答, 好意外佢可以答到近8成既題目, 最開心係有d我以為佢唔識的題目, 佢竟然識答, 問佢點解識, 佢答我係老師曾經教過/講過/同佢地玩過....surprise !!

p.s. 尋日收到亞女既冬天校服, 質地好好, 好靚, 兼且唔貴....

[quote]
yyyy 寫道:
tea007,

A balance engish and mandarin enviornment for our children to study is our hope, esp. in Hong Kong.
[quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題