發新帖
查看: 891|回覆: 2
go

a math book for children with 讀寫障礙 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-6-26 03:03 |只看該作者

a math book for children with 讀寫障礙

Hi Everyone:

During a trip to San Fran, I got a math book that is very useful for children with 讀寫障礙.  It's basically a very thick book with math activities inside.  It begins with basic math knowledge, then world problems, logical reasoning, measurement, fraction, probability, time and money, geometry and finally patterns.

It's called "Family Math" by Jean Kerr Stenmark, Virginia Thompson and Ruth Cossey. The book itself is printed in UC Berkeley, with the support from the US department of Education.

It is very useful for dyslexic kids because the book teaches concept graphically/visually, and they present logics step by step so that it's very easy to understand.

The book is also good in a sense that you are allowed to photocopy it for family use.  As long as you are not opening a learning centre and use it as a text, you can just photocopy it without buying it.  Perhaps, the only disadvantages about it is that it's written in English.

See if you guys can find it in HK.  If not, I will try to scan some pages and send them to you through e-mail.

2#
發表於 05-6-27 03:20 |只看該作者

Re: a math book for children with 讀寫障礙

Dear all:

Just to update the information a bit. There is actually a copy of the book at the library of the University of Hong Kong.  Since you are allowed to photocopy there, those who are interested may go and have a look.

In addition, there is also a Chinese version of the book translated by people in Taiwan.  

For those who wish to view one/two pages before going to the library, just PM me your e-mail address and the grade level of your children.  I will scan them and send them to you within a week.

3#
發表於 05-6-27 10:55 |只看該作者

Re: a math book for children with 讀寫障礙

Would you please let me a copy [email protected]?  Thank you.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題