教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有沒有人後悔選國際學校
發新帖
樓主: adrleu
go

有沒有人後悔選國際學校   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 17-6-20 01:30 |顯示全部帖子
我反而最擔心中文弱。
我最初是幫兒子報local K1的,因為我不想他做「講英文的中國小孩」。不過他考不到,屋企附近又有間幾有愛心的IS kinder, 我們才去了解IS,而選擇離開local system.
我身邊有朋友認為中國人唔識中文是沒有「根」,很「羞家」;中文唔叻搵工亦蝕底,至少考公務員要考中文試,我見過唔止一個IS graduate肥佬。
但自從更了解IS後,我相信IS能給孩子更多機會發展,希望我將來也不會後悔吧:)

2#
發表於 17-6-20 10:09 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 adrleu 的帖子

謝謝分享。所以要accent始終都係要去boarding school...
其實如果初中已出國,我預計孩子的中文好極有限。
針無兩頭利,做個informed choice就好了。

3#
發表於 17-6-21 14:18 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Koala0000 的帖子

讀唔到嘅定義有好多...我仔生得高,兩歲多d似兩歲幾,明明係細B比人當大B,in親都無好結果。
佢N班老師從來都無打來投訴,我以為佢ok,點知...
只能說是命運

4#
發表於 17-6-22 13:45 |顯示全部帖子
Don't know if anyone has the same thought as mine...I would like my son to migrate outside Hong Kong when he grows up. I don't see any future for kids of this generation in Hong Kong. The injustice in HK politics, high living cost, long working hours, pressure from peers...all are detrimental for a youth's development.
As a post-80s, I am lucky that I still have the chance to migrate to a higher class with my own effort. I have thought of migration for my family but due to the low salary and high tax in the foreign countries, it is better for me to stay at the meantime. But if my son has a chance, I believe he would do better migrating outside HK.
If I have the money to retire I will definitely do it today and migrate. haha~

5#
發表於 17-6-22 14:28 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 mandy_ng207 於 17-6-22 14:29 編輯

Indeed it will be much more difficult for my son to have the same achievement as I if he is going to stay in Hong Kong, as I anticipate. The current new recruits of my job are already facing much pressure, and I truly think I am much luckier than them.
Of course my son can choose where he wants to go. I can't because I have to earn money to bring him up...

6#
發表於 17-6-22 14:42 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 poonseelai 的帖子

A very good analogy and a good model for educators to learn from.
Thanks for sharing~

7#
發表於 17-6-23 12:55 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 Atecila 的帖子

Are you a post-80s too? I think we're facing a similar situation. I suppose there will be a stream of emerging students with good command of English and Chinese, graduating from IS and sent abroad to study by their parents, entering our job market 10-20 years later.
So I must not forgo my son's Chinese learning! Let's work hard together!

‹ 上一主題|下一主題