用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Yat Sun School or Pui Kiu College?
查看: 9274|回覆: 24
go

Yat Sun School or Pui Kiu College? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 05-6-14 15:18 |只看該作者

Yat Sun School or Pui Kiu College?

Hi all,
As it is very difficult to have a chance for ESF interview, I must start looking for other schools for my kid. Sometimes heard from BK moms that the two schools above are quite good. Both are Dependent School (through-train) and focus on both English and Mandarin teaching, with Int'l syllabus. But the Yat Sun (ESF Ma On Shan new dependent school) is much more expensive than Pui Kiu College (in terms of school fees). Anyone has comments on these schools? Please share.

2#
發表於 05-6-14 15:52 |只看該作者

Re: Yat Sun School or Pui Kiu College?

Wah, very different schools, how to compare?  Yat Sun is previously Canadian IS and now run by ESF using IB syllabus, and Pui Kiu is very PRC oriented.   So very different culture, upto you.

3#
發表於 05-6-14 16:29 |只看該作者

To me background is not really a problem. What I concern about are the teaching method, environment, Int'l syllabus, etc. Both schools attract me most is the focus on Mandarin, which will be very important to our kid's future.

4#
發表於 05-6-14 17:37 |只看該作者

ashleymama 寫道:
To me background is not really a problem. What I concern about are the teaching method, environment, Int'l syllabus, etc. Both schools attract me most is the focus on Mandarin, which will be very important to our kid's future.

What is Int'l syllabus?  Yat Sun (Phoenix now) will use IB, and they have 20% time in Mandarin.  Don't know about Pui Kui.  It is not an IS, you can get more info. from primary section.

So you think background is not important?  I however believe it is more important to understand what is the culture and values of the school which affects very much the kids' development.  Mandarin can be learnt in any kind of school - local or international, or even through private tutor.

5#
發表於 05-6-17 10:46 |只看該作者

We would apply Pui Kiu next year for my son.  First, I known a lot of friends from Pui Kiu, they are all very honest and smart, also hard working.  And this is what I want for my child.  also most of them had very good result at HKCEE except English and they speak very fluent Mandarin.  If Pui Kiu would improve they English teaching method, I think it would a good choice to parents

6#
發表於 05-6-17 12:33 |只看該作者

hi there,
we're also interested in pui kiu, cos we live very close to their new campus. however, i was concerned about their pro-beijing background. you don't think it does not affect the teaching method/environment?

we don't have Chinese background and our daughter does not speak Cantonese. will this matter if she enrolls in bi-lingual primary? or do most of the bi-lingual school like Pui kiu colleague offer some support to children whose first language is english and have no background in chinese/

i've also heard from a friend that pui kui colleague will be a DSS (and thus the tution fee will be cheap). is it true?

thanks!
ray

7#
發表於 05-6-17 12:47 |只看該作者

where is Pui Kiu College ?

8#
發表於 05-6-17 13:22 |只看該作者

It's a DSS locating at Taiwai.

You may visit its website
http://www.puikiucollege.edu.hk

9#
發表於 05-6-18 00:06 |只看該作者

Hi Rikachandoll,

I have enrolled my daughter in Pui Kiu.  My daughter is currently studying in Australia and we are planning to return back to HK very soon.  My daughter doesn't speak good Cantonese too.  Pui Kiu accept students from different backgrounds and nations as long as your kids must understand either chinese or english. As I know, some of P1 students are Japanese, foreigners and from Hong Kong local english speaking families. If you daughter study there, she is not the only speak english at school. PKC promise will offer certain supports to those kids whose first language is english. It is a DSS and the tution fee is only $1700 per month.  I was so glad to hear from the principal that the school will not increase school in the near future.

My husband is live in Hong Kong. He was old boy of LaSalle and we are Catholic family.After attending the parents meeting which held at end of May, he definately confirm that we will give up LaSalle and choose PKC for my son in the future.  If you have chance to talk to the teacher there and understand more about what this new school has done for their students, sure you will understand why my family pick this school for our kids.

Regards.

10#
發表於 05-6-20 12:55 |只看該作者

Hi tsmum
很多家長出席了培僑的家長日後,都說學校給了家長很多信心。除了師資學歷高,還有什麼吸引之處呢?

我好高興得知培僑將會列入香港全普通話授課之小學的名冊之一。

11#
發表於 05-6-24 15:56 |只看該作者

在BK於"小學雜談"中,有一topic是"培僑書院用什麼語言教学"(not exactly this phase)你可以睇到更多insight info的,睇後我都心思思....

12#
發表於 05-6-25 16:42 |只看該作者

___

13#
發表於 05-6-25 21:56 |只看該作者

一個是官方網,一個是小學槪覽。

http://www.puikiucollege.edu.hk/001.html

http://www.hkedcity.net/school/psp/detail/sch_basic.phtml?sch_id=2905

14#
發表於 05-7-7 22:07 |只看該作者

My boy would be transferred to Pui Kiu P2; he's now in a popular private school in Kowloon. It's the trend to to balance both the Chinese and English teaching with an international perspective; Pui Kiu is model that I've tried to search for long.

15#
發表於 05-7-13 20:21 |只看該作者

My comment is :

if you want your kids to stay / develop in Asia, Pui Kiu college should be more appropriate. As I know, Chinese / Mandarin is also one of the major language in the school. Generally, you can learn english thru talking with friends or teacher. However, Chinese is more difficult to learn because the text is not easily to pronoun by text recognition. I anticipate the development of China will be the major force in Asia and familar with Chinese and English is the best way to develop the career in Asia. I don't mind their PRC oriented background and somehow it would be helpful to my child to understand more what his mother country is.

I talked to one teacher in Pui Kiu College and he has visited English schools in UK. He said it is traditional view that HK parent like UK elite teaching model. It sounds attractive to me.

Try to contact them and know more about the details!
哲夫睿知始成城,韜光韞玉圖俟奮 19 Jul 05 -- 3.45kg 02 Oct 05 -- 7.1kg 08 Aug 05 -- 4.4k 10 OCT 05 -- 7.25 kg 16 Aug 05 -- 4.8kg 19 OCT 05 -- 7.7 kg 65 cm 19 Aug 05 -- 4.9kg 58 cm 21 Aug 05 -- 5.1kg 28 Aug 05 -- 5.5kg 04 Sep 05 -- 5.8kg 13 Sep 05 -- 6.3kg 19 Sep 05 -- 6.5kg

16#
發表於 05-7-21 13:39 |只看該作者

Dove,
請問培僑書院的教學法是不是取傳統學校+國際學校的教學法.我不喜歡國際小學學生太自由,但又怕傳統小學的功課忙,令孩子沒有時間去發展其它活動.

17#
發表於 05-7-21 22:33 |只看該作者

Pui Kiu is adopting the US curriculum for English - theme-based and includes 2 drama lessons per week. The Chinese and Maths are taught in Mandarin. Discipline is a key topic for the school and my belief it would not be as free as the Int’ school <since the management is still Chinese>. Though I’m still yet to see how the implementation matches word, the dedication of teachers that we witness so far has added my confidence.

18#
發表於 05-7-23 11:41 |只看該作者

you all have quite good comments on Pui Kiu, so it seems like the right school for my kid...then how about Yat Sun by ESF? Concepts are very similar but only background is different, well, also tuition, Pui Kiu is about $1xxxx, but Yat Sun is $6xxx. any comments on Yat Sun?

19#
發表於 05-7-23 14:58 |只看該作者

Yat Sun is run by ESF, using IB since primary.  Pui Kiu is PRC background, no IB.

20#
發表於 05-7-23 23:57 |只看該作者

I also apply the P1 for my daughter and wait for the news for interviwe (should be on Oct 22-23). I like the idea of Mandarin and English teaching and I am sure the Chinese will be better than use Cantonese to teach. The only worry that I have is how good and successful that they use the English to teach and will it really create an English speaking environment in school.

I also thinking about Yat Sun and PLK-CKY. Yat Sun is IB but the school is new and start from 2006 (but my daughter only able to apply P2 not P1 as it's a gap from their system). For PLK-CKY, the Englsih is good and also with MAndarin and they also applying IB now.
The school fee is Yat Sun the highest, PLK-CKY in the middle (about $48xx) and Pui Kui is the cheapest ($18xx).
I am living in Ma On Shan, but I still rank this way:
1. Pui Kui
2. PLK-CKY
3. Yat Sun

Anyway, I will apply PLK-CKY too and may not apply for Yat Sun. IF both Pui Kui and PLK-CKY accept the application, then I will evaluate more in details. Hope other parents can share with me more about these two school and what will you pick.

thanks.     
‹ 上一主題|下一主題