用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 教育講場 Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!!
樓主: somama^_^
go

Jolly Phonics ~~ 一定要睇第一頁呀!! [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 05-7-10 22:56 |只看該作者

Re: Jolly Phonics

jolly phonics and letterland, which one is better?

62#
發表於 05-7-11 00:48 |只看該作者

somama.
請問你報

63#
發表於 05-7-11 08:48 |只看該作者

Carol
You can get the parents/teachers guide from Jolly faith or Wisekids.

Christykiddie,
It is just a matter of personal preference.  You may compare the methods and see which one suit your child. There is another forum on " letterland " too in BK.

64#
發表於 05-7-11 09:11 |只看該作者

Thanks jenniferpl,

In fact, I'm not sure whether the teacher is a native English.
He is one of the listed teacher in Jolly Learning, so I believe he is professional. However, I still have a few thing to worry.
BTW, do you know the teacher in Friends? Is she good in teaching Jolly?
I've been let my kid to join their summer course before. My feeling is just so so...

65#
發表於 05-7-11 10:43 |只看該作者

bb2001

Can he offer a trial class for us if we can group 3-4 students with parents observation? And where is the location, as I live in Apleichau, I do not wish to travel too far.

Well, I have no idea about Friends and I have not been there before. But I know that they offer a trial class before enrolling your child to the class.

66#
發表於 05-7-11 14:11 |只看該作者

嘩, 無見幾天, 多了那麼多mama 來chat chat,  好呀!!     

jenniferpl,

你有15% off!!  so great!!  我在jflc 買的dvd, 要$280呀!!

不過你說不用買HANDBOOK, 我想想下, 覺得也可以一買.  因為入面有很多可以copy 出來給小朋友玩的工作紙.  如每個sound 的相關公仔, (s = snake; a = ant; t = tennis.......), 小朋友可以用來填色, 可以reinforce 下.  每個sound 還有一張字咭, 可以 cut 出來練blending or

67#
發表於 05-7-11 14:14 |只看該作者

hi bb2001,

我阿女現在還細, 但我也想知你說的那個tutor 的 details, 你在這兒 post 下吧!!

thanks

bb2001 寫道:

A private class can be arranged, the charge is HK$300 per hour for 1 child or HK$450 per hour for 3 children. The place is at the child's home.
I'm considering to gather 2 to 3 kids for the class.

68#
發表於 05-7-11 14:26 |只看該作者

I still have the 15% off coupon (Wise Kids),valid till 31 July 2005. Anyone interested please let me know.

69#
發表於 05-7-11 14:31 |只看該作者

hi christkiddie,

first of all, i notice the topic of letterland (LL) at BK and look through all message there.... (i spend lots of time!!)  I was attracted by the funny characters of letterland.  I myself do reinforce some blending through the story too!!

However, when I go a bit further, I found that there are too many characters.  As different sound of a letter is represented by a unique character, I think it is a bit strange!!  

When I reconsider it on my girl's view, I choose JP finally.  Yes, JP's scope is not as wide as LL, however,

1. JP use systematice phonics which is more recommended

2. more simple to young kids (for kids below 4, too many characters really confuse them)

3. more funny as JP is multi-sensory

Yes, pls go through the topic of LL and all the reference web & old thread it advised & you can choose by yourself.  You may also go to the showroom of LL at TaiKooShing to have a look.

christykiddie 寫道:
jolly phonics and letterland, which one is better?

70#
發表於 05-7-11 14:36 |只看該作者

BDT,

你指的是 parent training or re-union??

不過2 個events 都過了.......  我報了7月30日 的parent training,  是1 day 的, 你有没有興趣??

oh... handbook... 我在之前答jenniferpl 那兒寫了一些, 你看看吧.  

我問過wisekids, 可以去她們的shop have a look, 你有時間, 可以去揭揭.

[quote]
BDT 寫道:
somama.
請問你報

71#
發表於 05-7-11 14:41 |只看該作者

jeniferpl,

Do you or any identity need to be shown up to enjoy the discount??  

hehehe.......  I will join a full day training on July 30 and would like to consider a bit longer and buy it (and something else) after the training............ hehehe........

How can I enjoy the discount and make the least trouble to you ??

jenniferpl 寫道:
I still have the 15% off coupon (Wise Kids),valid till 31 July 2005. Anyone interested please let me know.

72#
發表於 05-7-11 14:45 |只看該作者

各位mama,

我見大家咁有心, 又對 JP 咁有興趣, 我將大家提供有關 JP 的有用資料, 放了在 page 1 第一個 message 內, 方便大家 check.  

如果你們有新料, 可以叫我加入, 方便大家.

73#
發表於 05-7-11 15:12 |只看該作者

Hi Somama

I searched from the web and found out that the following centers provide JP for Kids.

http://www.dpssc.com/
http://www.lemontree.com.hk/taipo.html
http://www.lalaland.com.hk/
http://www.bilingualkids.com.hk/chinese/courses_chi.htm
http://www.education-wise.com.hk/english_course.html

74#
發表於 05-7-11 19:20 |只看該作者

Many Many Thanks to jenniferpl.     

75#
發表於 05-7-11 21:18 |只看該作者

somama^_^

Would you pls share more info about the training on 30/7?  Is it for parents only?  Where's the location?  Thanks!

76#
發表於 05-7-12 08:51 |只看該作者

YMCA(TST)'s Phonics courses are using Jolly Phonics too.        
點簽呀?!

77#
發表於 05-7-12 09:05 |只看該作者

Somama,

I only got the tutor's info from the Jolly Learning homepage, I don't have the details. That is one of the points that I'm worrying since there is no reference.

somama^_^ 寫道:
hi bb2001,

我阿女現在還細, 但我也想知你說的那個tutor 的 details, 你在這兒 post 下吧!!

thanks

[quote]
bb2001 寫道:

A private class can be arranged, the charge is HK$300 per hour for 1 child or HK$450 per hour for 3 children. The place is at the child's home.
I'm considering to gather 2 to 3 kids for the class.
[/quote]

78#
發表於 05-7-12 09:59 |只看該作者

bb2001

Are you referring to the offical webpage of JP:
www.jollylearning.co.uk
I could not find tutor lists there, can you post the link?

79#
發表於 05-7-12 10:29 |只看該作者

Go to Jolly Phonics Web Site, select Training, then click Asia

Jolly Phonics Professional Trainers
What is a Jolly Phonics Professional Trainer?  

Hong Kong, China
Gail Zobrist. Gail is a native English speaker from the UK and has been living in HK since 1999. She has taught English as a second language and Jolly Phonics since 2000. Gail has completed a Montessori Teacher Training Course and a Diploma in TESOL. She worked in HK in a Special Needs School as a Teacher Assistant for two years and completed the Basic Brain Gym 101 course. Gail also worked in a Chinese Kindergarten and introduced Jolly Phonics to K1, K2 and K3, which was very successful and produced excellent results.

Hong Kong SAR, China
Jolly Faith Learning Centre is a registered school and has been serving young children in Hong Kong and mainland China for six years. JFLC is experienced in the use of phonics in early literacy development and regularly conducts seminars for parents and teachers on how to integrate Jolly Phonics into the local education curriculum and culture. The contact trainer is Ms Andus LI.  Jolly Phonics products can be purchased from JFLC.
www.jflc.com
Tel: (852) 27881866

Hong Kong
Robin Chan. Robin has been teaching English for over 10 years. With a B.Ed. including a certificate in TESOL, he has been focusing on teaching phonics and reading to kindergartners and primary school children for 5 years. As a reading teacher, Robin supports the research that synthetic phonics is effective and brings outstanding results. Robin is also involved in teaching Jolly Grammar to children who have received Jolly Phonics training. He has a special interest in the learning development of young children and gives advice to parents. He has recently started to teach remedial classes at school.
點簽呀?!

80#
發表於 05-7-12 11:16 |只看該作者

Thanks, MK.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題