教育王國 討論區 國際學校 victoria or esf kindergarten
樓主: kamgat
go

victoria or esf kindergarten [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 16-4-21 12:44 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 nintendo 於 16-4-21 12:48 編輯
kamgat 發表於 16-4-17 23:25
I wanna hear from a user of esf to tell me more about their kids.

What would you want to know?
My kids were not from ESF kindie but they have been with ESF since Year 1.
In their times, no homework from Year 1 to Year 6 (but now, ESF primary have moderate or very light homework, I heard).
From Year 7-11, moderate homework. At least a lot less when compared to local school.Note that ESF secondary is gradually switching to IBMYP, and this may have slightly heavier work load later.
You can compare the university destination of ESF students with other international schools and even local schools. ESF students definitely have really good university destinations.
You can go to ESF website to look at where the alumni are now.
ESF have raised many doctors, lawyers, and other professionals. Note that many of them have been with ESF since primary school.
So looks like you do not need "more work" "more pressure" in kindergarten or primary school, to produce "successful" people in the future.

62#
發表於 16-4-21 12:53 |只看該作者

回覆:nintendo 的帖子

Which ESF schools are switching to IBMYP?

63#
發表於 16-4-21 13:08 |只看該作者
bellarie 發表於 16-4-17 23:39
但我先生系咁同我講吾好太保護個囡,由得佢受少少壓力,佢話佢要經歷。。
所以我都吾知,㨂吾到😭

Not sure why everyone thinks "more pressure" in kindergarten or primary school is better.
ESF students are given chances to bloom. We have alumni that went on to be doctors, lawyers, engineers, etc. And at the same time, we have alumni that are pilots, concert organisers, chefs, actors, etc.
They may not all be doctors or lawyers (traditional professions Hong Kongers think are "best"), but many are very good and prominent figures in their own industry. And THIS is definitely more important then putting everyone in medical schools, law schools and business schools.
ESF is not like any typical local schools, where they do not respect or treasure students that love music, drama, etc.
We have a student that got 45 in IB but went on to study music. Counsellors in other schools might have already tried their best to persuade this student to go to medical school, because one more student in medical school seems to look like a better high-light (at least to local Hong Kongers).
But ESF do not believe the school's profile is more important than students' preference.
Heard that one student went on to become a chef, even though he had 38 in IB, which is enough to get himself into a second tier law school in the UK.
Is that what you want?
Are you sure you will be willing to let your daughter go to music school or drama school even if she gets 45 in IB?
If you want her to feel the "pressure" so she can be a doctor or a lawyer, do not choose ESF.

64#
發表於 16-4-21 16:38 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:bellarie+發表於+16-4-17+23:39+但我

原帖由 nintendo 於 16-04-21 發表
Not sure why everyone thinks "more pressure" in kindergarten or primary school is better.
ESF stu ...
Yes. Sometimes the mindset of the parents are more important in choosing a school. The kids are probably quite malleable and will just do what you provide. The smart ones will do well in both types of school anyway.

65#
發表於 16-4-21 18:04 |只看該作者

ESF stu ...
Please don't misunderstand my point. The whole time I have been really in favour of ESF! I never said that we should give pressure to the younger generation !

I just said my husband thinks its ok if they need to experience some if choosing local. I think definitely there are pros and cons of each one .

And don't judge most parents in Hong Kong. I agree that most of them want them to be lawyers and doctors ! Not only because these are traditionally seen as successful occupation! But also these occupation may appear to be more stable than musicians, right?
So I think parents also consider future job loads and future incomes ... Every parents want their best to their kids . That's why they think so much.

Not sending them to ESF doesn't mean they don't agree with those ! Simply, I can say, if my kids can live happily and make good living for herself . She can do the job she likes !

At the end, there are pros and cons of each ! Good luck in anything you choose

66#
發表於 16-5-26 16:30 |只看該作者
Birkin 發表於 16-4-17 20:05
I don't think you will be satisfied with ESF kindy if you think Victoria is perfect for your child.  ...
Sorry, what do you mean of priorities?
holding other countries passport or?

67#
發表於 16-6-14 16:48 |只看該作者

回覆:腸仔豬仔飽 的帖子

Different schools have different priorities: corporate debenture holders, siblings, alumni, nationality (eg. CDNIS gives priority to Canadians; GSIS gives priority to Germans and Swiss, SIS gives priority to Singaporeans, etc.)

68#
發表於 16-6-15 15:47 |只看該作者

回覆:kamgat 的帖子

I had the same happy problem years ago and chose to stay with Vic
My girl now in k2 and will move to CAIS in August
We chose Vic simply because of its better Chinese teaching and opening more options for primary schools
We prefer CAIS over ESF for its emphasis on moral education and good virtues and presumably better Chinese teaching too

69#
發表於 16-6-18 23:49 |只看該作者

引用:Esf+not+唯一一間IS+,+其實我眼見今年VIC+k

原帖由 dbchu 於 16-04-18 發表
Esf not 唯一一間IS , 其實我眼見今年VIC k2 都有人考到IS, 我覺得讀VIC 只要keep到eng好,入is 唔太難。其 ...
題外話: 請問維幼入VSA 要買debenture 嗎?(我聽過一個家長講話唔洗...)

70#
發表於 16-6-19 02:08 |只看該作者

ESF stu ...
睇完你寫的,恨不得即刻俾細女入ESF.因為我一直仍在猶豫.眼見大女入esf后的好改善,他的好同學。其實我真係喜歡這學校。女現在自信,但又有禮,humble.仍純真。佢亦很喜歡drama .我好贊成佢做自己喜歡的。

71#
發表於 16-6-21 09:18 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:原帖由+dbchu+於+16-04-18+發表Esf+n

原帖由 rayonabb 於 16-06-18 發表
題外話: 請問維幼入VSA 要買debenture 嗎?(我聽過一個家長講話唔洗...)

No need...

‹ 上一主題|下一主題