1#
發表於 15-11-29 22:04 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 pwhappy930 的帖子

Annual capital levy $12,000

2#
發表於 15-12-5 20:42 |顯示全部帖子
pwhappy930 發表於 15-11-30 21:12
想知多人考,難入嗎?
AIS might have less applicants than other popular IS because of those rumors about the school.  Easy or difficult, hard to say.  A few classmates of my son got rejected.

3#
發表於 15-12-6 20:53 |顯示全部帖子
Well, the rumors are the discipline of the students, quality of teachers, the facilities, even the academics abilities of the students.... I think those are from many years ago, but are still widespread.

4#
發表於 16-1-14 23:54 |顯示全部帖子
My friend's son got an offer today for grade 1 junior by email.

5#
發表於 16-1-15 23:29 |顯示全部帖子
sara_liu 發表於 16-1-15 22:36
Spreading rumours without verifying only shows one's ignorance and naively irresponsible. I hope the ...
Well. but people are still doing it.  If you go ask about AIS in an international schools FB group page, they will never recommend AIS to you.  

6#
發表於 16-1-16 15:31 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 kTongho 於 16-1-16 15:34 編輯
babycowsbaby 發表於 16-1-16 08:17
Why so? Can you elaborate more please?

Why?I think people have bias and only based on what they have read/heard in the past.  Did they really talk to the AIS parents or go to observe the students?  Before accepting the offer, I am lucky to speak to some AIS parents, AIS school counselor and discuss with other experienced educational professionals.  Most importantly, I went to observe the students myself.  From those who take the school bus to those who go to school by themselves.  Most of them look decent, of course some of them might not look appealing.  Most speak good English.  We gave up a few offers to AIS, and we have no regret so far.  We got recommendations from existing AIS families, students got accepted to good colleges in the US, even John Hopkins.  A friend, who is an experienced English teacher says a lots of good things about the AIS curriculum and she has went for a school visit as well.   The campus is old, not five-star, however I see some renovations going on.  I can't say AIS is a top international school but definitely a decent school.  Bear in mind that, not everything about the school is prefect but I think that is true for every school.

My son has started going to AIS since last August,  he loves going to school.  AIS emphasis on reading and Math; and the teacher based on his ability to let him learn from his own pace.

7#
發表於 16-1-17 20:39 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 babycowsbaby 的帖子

You are welcome, hope that help!!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題