搜索
教育王國 討論區 特殊教育 Future of autistic kids
樓主: jasper888
go

Future of autistic kids [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 05-5-9 00:28 |只看該作者

Re: Future of autistic kids

It seems that my child picks up English more easily than Cantonese. Furthermore, I believe unless an autistic child is really really good, it is quite difficult for him to be integrated into mainstream school.

要考慮的還有將來就業的問題,如果只會說英語,可做的工種較少,和人溝通也有問題。本身已經自閉了,還不能說中文,那怎樣在華人社會生存?當然,如果打算移民又當別論。

自閉兒的發展往往出人意表,現在一般主流學校都較開通,知道什麼叫發展障礙,接納程度很高哩!

我們的路一定較難行,但家長通常有驚人的能耐,其他人同意嗎?

22#
發表於 05-5-9 08:13 |只看該作者

My child is just 5.  He used to speak English before 4 and switched to Cantonese channel after 4.  I decide to let him speak Cantonese as majority of the rehabilitation services are in Cantonese.  Just want him to integrate with normal children and have a 'more normal' life.

I strongly agree to the view points of 稚言治語 & 思佳媽咪.  My child has used Cantonese for 17 months (1/2004 to now), his language is age-appropriate and quite close to normal according to my s.t.'s judgement and my child's teacher's observation.  My child has great improvement during these 17 months.  I think that my decision is correct.

我們怕孩子的人生路途滿佈荊棘,與其為孩子在路上舖一層地毯,不如在孩子的腳上穿上一雙鞋。

23#
發表於 05-5-9 11:29 |只看該作者

In my case, my son's teacher told me not to use too much English to teach my son, as he will confuse in both language.Therefore, I try to buy some VCDs in chinese version, and I can see the improvement about my kid.   

24#
發表於 05-5-9 11:52 |只看該作者

Hi Jesper,

Just to encourage you, my son is nearly 4 (in July) and since he was diagnoised speech delay, both my husband and I tried to switch back to speaking Cantonese with him,   ( as his grandparants all speaks mainly cantonese and we want him have more confidence to communicate with family members in weekends...)  while our helper , a philillpino maid who cannot speak Chinese continous to speak English with him.  

We found that since our change of strategy, he becomes more outgoing, like to hold hands with other kids ( most in the community are non-English speaking) and has more confidence in expressing his feelings with teachers in school and therapists.

Don't worry that his learning in English will stop though, we try to teach him the Cantonese and also explain to him the corresponding English, for examle, the same story book, told by our helper and me, he now could sometimes translate the simple script top me too.

I think the most important point is to creat an environment for him so that is easy for him to express himself, if he mostly sees Chinese speaking people, then encourage him to express, once he founds people do really understands him, he would have more confidence to use language as a medium to communicate.

So, every mommy, don't give up! Do work hard to find ways to induce the child, you will find the process very tiring, ( may be not rewarding immdiately) but surely your child enjoys the time you spent with him.   

25#
發表於 05-5-9 12:08 |只看該作者

我唸我都是忍心D,收晒亞囝D之愛英語VCD了。
因為有時睇圖書,囝囝會指住D圖講英文(睇得多英文VCD學返來的),我會用中文講多一次,無奈..他用返英文講多一次來肯定自己講得對。

26#
發表於 05-5-9 12:24 |只看該作者

思佳媽咪,
英雄所見略同!!!
I will follow your steps.

思佳媽咪 寫道:

由於我努力和學校溝通,也敢說自己表現得有教養及誠懇,所以無論在小學及中學,他都很被接納,也可能是他的福氣,往往遇到好師長。但我真的要奉勸各位,無論小朋友的IQ表現如何佳,只要他是有學障的孩子,也儘量不要選擇只著重學科成積的Band 1 學校,因這些學校不重輔導,孩子的問題會被忽略,也不被接納,會令他們產生挫敗感,家長亦無從投訴,因學校的政策是:你讀不來,請轉校,大把人排隊……

在一群正常孩子中,他的成績也不是最差的一個,大把人墊底哩!有能力而不努力,才值得慚愧。

我在明愛PRC見到很多自閉大仔都很獨立,也大多能完成中學。當然,就業是個最頭痛的問題,這問題離我也不遠,現在也是見步行步。反正憂慮太多也無濟於事,只有求神帶領吧!路慢慢行下去,一定有出路的。各位同路人,努力吧!

27#
發表於 05-5-9 13:09 |只看該作者

Dear Dr. T,
Can you suggest some good ways to train our children with reference to your professional experience?  We can't afford missing any valuable chance of training.  Million of thanks.      

Dr.T 寫道:
每一個自閉症的人士因著背景因素不盡相同,很難一概而論將來會怎樣...在我見過的個案中,由公開就業,甚至讀大學研究院,以至能力較弱的要長期照顧也有,所以不要擔心太多-把握現在可以訓練的空間!

28#
發表於 05-5-9 17:38 |只看該作者

Wow! Just after a day's work and was surprised to see so many useful responses.  Thanks to you all.  I must reconsider the way forward again.

I agree with mrsphcheung, time is precious.  There is not enough time for trainings.  On the other hand, one fills heart broken when you see your child so very tired after 'work' or even yawning much during therapy.

29#
發表於 05-5-9 17:43 |只看該作者

Dr T seems to be someone respectable.  May I know who is Dr T please?

30#
發表於 05-5-9 17:49 |只看該作者

Please check PM.

jasper888 寫道:
Dr T seems to be someone respectable.  May I know who is Dr T please?

31#
發表於 05-5-9 18:19 |只看該作者

Got it! Thanks to mrsphcheung!

32#
發表於 05-5-9 19:11 |只看該作者

"Respectable"      You make my day!

jasper888 寫道:
Dr T seems to be someone respectable.

33#
發表於 05-5-9 19:17 |只看該作者

這是個十分宏大的題目...單靠這裡的幾十字實在沒法做到(因為每一個學生的情況也不盡相同).我答應大家將來會安排機會讓各位能夠問過明白...不單只是自閉症.

mrsphcheung 寫道:
Can you suggest some good ways to train our children with reference to your professional experience?

34#
發表於 05-5-9 19:21 |只看該作者

提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
簽名被屏蔽

35#
發表於 05-5-9 19:25 |只看該作者

jasper888

我的仔仔係自閉傾向,我也覺得小朋友學英語的能力比中文好,可能因為英文寫與講的差別不大.但說廣東話則要提醒他要用口語而非書面語,例如講拜拜而非再見.但正如稚言治語及其他媽咪所言,如果小朋友在香港生活還是應該學中文,否則一般日常生活都會有影響.

以後還有很長的路要走,但重要的要先做好今天.我們要替小朋友找的並非是最好的(或者只係別人以為是最好),反而是找最適合我們小朋友的.與其擔心明天不如努力今天!加油啦!
每個小孩都是上帝用來提醒我們,這世間還有希望。——泰戈爾

36#
發表於 05-5-9 19:30 |只看該作者

急不及待,越快越好!  Can you hold some seminars in the near future?  

Dr.T 寫道:
我答應大家將來會安排機會讓各位能夠問過明白...不單只是自閉症.

37#
發表於 05-5-9 19:55 |只看該作者

Sorry no lar...最快都要9月,或更遲...

mrsphcheung 寫道:

38#
發表於 05-5-9 20:18 |只看該作者

Is it common for autistic people to get married?  Sometimes I have the worry that no one will be taking care of my son when I die! :cry:

39#
發表於 05-5-9 21:41 |只看該作者

有云面對不幸事情,一般人是會經歷幾個階段:否認>憤怒>擔心>接納...你現在似乎是在第3階段...

回到你的問題,婚姻並不是為了確保下半世有人照顧而做的事情啊(雖然我和我太太結婚時"我"也以為是這樣子 )...即使結了婚,大吉利是都唔知邊個走先...若言你要循我古怪的想法繼續擔心下去,那就不得了...

還是把握現在,盡力去做應做的(訓練?)罷.

jasper888 寫道:
Is it common for autistic people to get married?  Sometimes I have the worry that no one will be taking care of my son when I die! :cry:

40#
發表於 05-5-10 07:45 |只看該作者

Dear Dr. T,
Oh!  Never mind.  I will wait for your seminar.

Dr.T 寫道:
Sorry no lar...最快都要9月,或更遲...

[quote]
mrsphcheung 寫道:

[/quote]
‹ 上一主題|下一主題