搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Comments on ICS, ESF Shatin, RC
發新帖
查看: 4534|回覆: 6
go

Comments on ICS, ESF Shatin, RC [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 15-1-6 00:30 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My baby is just 17 months now. I live in MOS and planning to send her to IS at her 3 yr old. I would like to know more about the 3 schools which are not far from us.

1. Which one (ICS / EFS) is easier to get in providing that we have no priority in both? I mean in reception 1.
2. I believe ICS and EFS primary do offer priority interview for those students in their kindergarten, so, when comparing ICS and EFS in term of primary education, which one is better school? (in terms of discipline, professionalism of the teachers, curriculum, and Chinese standard)
3. How about RC? If my kid cannot get any spot in reception in efs/ics, I will try sending her to Anfield kln tong for kindergarten and apply RC in year 1. Same question.   What is your comment in terms of discipline, professionalism of the teachers, curriculum, and Chinese standard?

Thank you very much.
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 15-1-6 00:48 |只看該作者

引用:My+baby+is+just+17+months+now.+I+live+in

原帖由 貝珠 於 15-01-06 發表
My baby is just 17 months now. I live in MOS and planning to send her to IS at her 3 yr old. I would ...
Sorry new mom I am... and also wanna know more abt ESF and int'l schools in hk...

Just wanna clarify in your question... when u mention *professionalism of teachers*  - are you asking their professional qualification as in any specific certification that they 've attained, or just a general observation about the quality of the teaching staff and their ethics? thanks

3#
發表於 15-1-7 17:16 |只看該作者
You descripted better than me. I should refer to the quality and level of enthusiasm of the teaching staff. Hope my question is specific enough. Thank you.

4#
發表於 15-1-7 18:35 |只看該作者
貝珠 發表於 15-1-6 00:30
My baby is just 17 months now. I live in MOS and planning to send her to IS at her 3 yr old. I would ...
If you live in MOS, the best route is ESF WKS kinder then RC/SJC.

5#
發表於 15-1-7 18:41 |只看該作者
I only try to answer some questions:
Chinese standard => best in RC, they use traditional chinese.ICS: a good throughtrain school with good conduct, but it use american curriculum
Anfield KG : good comments from most people, the primary school is quite new, the teachers are mostly from British origin with british accent. Also good discipline too.

My situation is like yours, no priority and no foreign passport, I will probably study in Anfield nursery first, then attempt ESF kinder (keep anfield as backup).

6#
發表於 15-1-8 21:36 |只看該作者
yes, 96400 is correctICS: american system. AP programme and SAT can be highly stressful. Multiple Choice style questions are not suitable for everyone.ESF Shatin: reasonable school on the whole. transport is not too convenient and they teach simplified chinese. IB results are good on the whole and their students' chinese ability is improving, as reflected through the increased number of IB bilingual diploma graduates.  RC: relatively new school with good facilities. people will have developed more confidence in this school by the time your child is in secondary school.

7#
發表於 15-1-9 01:29 |只看該作者
May I know more about AP? Why is it more stressful for multiple choice question format? Is it more stressful than DSE?!
Some people said IB maybe more challenging than AP as it is more essay type question n it's more all rounded. Is it true?!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題