Re: 請問那裡可買到好的小提琴

西貢有一間是全部都係個老闆自己做的,質素好過幾百元的,當然價錢就貴d啦.
現在全香港都冇mud幾多個好似佢咁ge師父,有時雜誌都訪問他的.
而且,當小朋友一路成長,要換大dge琴時,他可以回收番在那裡買的舊琴.

7#
發表於 05-4-4 09:14 |只看該作者

其實灣仔間 Ofreo 都不錯, 雖然價格比較貴, 但個人覺得比西貢的物有所值。

我朋友就會幫佢地d學生係上海訂琴番來。不過, 除非你有錢比得起, 或者唔介意第日多件幾千蚊的「垃圾」, 係換4/4 以前都唔需要買「靚」琴。坦白講, 千零蚊同幾百蚊的音色唔差好遠, 除非你買到上二三千蚊以上的。

當然, 都要睇下你個小朋友咩級數, 五級以上都值得換個好d。我朋友幫佢d小朋友學生 (即係未用4/4琴的), 都買一d千五蚊左右的小提琴, 佢地識一d國內師傅, 手工不錯。係香港其實都買到, 不過就會貴一點。

我建議問一問你個老師, 或者佢比到意見你。坦白講, 買個「靚」琴, 又得幾千蚊budget, 不如買個平琴加一支靚弓, 個琴會突然靚聲好多, 隻右手都會訓練得好d  

似乎我講得太多, 留給大家討論討論
Music is the art of thinking with sounds. –Jules Combarieu

8#
發表於 05-4-4 12:17 |只看該作者

kaka0814,

You sound know much about violin! May I have some silly question?

I have a $500 violin and learn it by myself (I am adult) for around half year. Recently I found the sound is not so good. As you said, using a better bow will help, can you tell more detail about a better bow, such as price, band, and any other should be paid attention to?

Instead, how about changing the string? what cost do you think to have better sound with compating to my cheap violin. At present, I don't want to buy an expensive one. If I confirm I could carry on, I will buy a better one (My son could use it later! one stone two birds)

From you message in another topic, vibrato will be taught at grade five, do you think it could be self-learned? I find it very difficult to handle this technique, any good  books recommended?

Sorry for so many question!

9#
發表於 05-4-4 13:51 |只看該作者

Firstly, I suggest you have to follow a teacher! The book is useless to tell how to use the energy from your fingers. I would say, during the past time I played violin, a good teacher would help a lot! Though it cost you around $1000 per month, but probably you would able to teach your child!! (or why don't you have lesson together with your child at home?)

In fact, a better bow would help. But all depands on the violin - YES, it would still help a $500 one, but... in fact, those are just be able to SHOW UP, but not playing!! Choose a violin at around $2000, and pay $2000 more for a bow, probably you will get a very nice sound rather than just having a $4000 violin.

Besides, paying for the high quality strings are even more value. Think of those $5 china made strings - it will be easily broken and you may have to pay and getting new strings almost one / month. Getting high quality one is much different. Personally I used "Dominant" - though that's $250/pack, but it just broke after one or two years of usage!! Think of the value!!

Vibrato is something always be concerned! I believe it could be self-learned, but please remember, if you once get the method wrong and you could never be changed!! I got a wrong method when I was very young, my teacher didn't tell me how to do, but I am so eager to learn - so I practise myself, BUT I finally regret!!!   

Don't think you could get a violin and your son would use later. If your child is really talent, $2000 violin wouldn't be a piece of cake of him! probably you have to pay $20000 or even more for a nice ancient violin. I am currently using a $8000, and paying $5000 for a bow, still... too BAD!

Enjoy the music first! Don't think too much!! if you really enjoy it, you will be fine for paying those  

Happy Violin Time - that's always be my wishes

10#
發表於 05-4-4 16:55 |只看該作者

kaka0814,

My child is learning grade 2 now and she's using a several hundred dollar one.  I'm considering to get her a 4/4 one.   Do you think those made in okay?  And have you heard of a violin maker named Zhang Shu Mei ?  

11#
發表於 05-4-5 00:15 |只看該作者

Dear LuckyB,

Could I know how old is your child? and does she already look for a 4/4 one?

In fact, I believe there are some good violins in China, at least I am using one of those. However, I wonder how much budget you could get her? If you could pay $8K+, pay for an ancient one then! If not, just use a cheap one and save some more $ for a better one!! Don't think the $1K one will have much different with $300 one! But some gaps will between $1K and 2K to my sense.

I know nothing about Zhang Shu Mei, as far as I choose violin, I will test them. That's a must as they are handmade, and will be very different even from the same maker. I believe you child' teacher should be able to tell you how to choose.

Last thing, does she really need a 4/4?  Many girl plays 7/8 rather than 4/4 due to hand size. Like me, I am using 7/8 as I didn't has a large hand.

Always ask before you buy! Ask more on strings' player, her teacher, her classmate or her school teacher. The first full size violin does affect her violin life!! -- I was given up the violin as my old teacher pushes me to use a 4/4 while I am not able to handle that!! And it took me 10+ years to discover there were 7/8 violins!

Hope to be able to answer your questions!

12#
發表於 05-4-5 10:06 |只看該作者

Dear kaka0814,

Thanks for your comments and information.   My child is 10 and about 140cm tall.  I didn't know there was size 7/8 violin.  I thought violins go from 3/4 to 4/4.  Since She's now using a 3/4, so I thought it's normal to go for size 4/4.  I'll let her choose and try it out before buying.  Yes, I'll ask her teacher's comments as well.   

13#
發表於 05-4-6 00:23 |只看該作者

Dear kaka0814,

Your information is very useful. May you kindly suggest where to buy
1. "Dominant" strings;
2.  nice bow (budget $1000-2000); and
3. good violin in China (budget $2000-3000)?

Thanks

kaka0814 寫道:
Dear LuckyB,

Could I know how old is your child? and does she already look for a 4/4 one?

In fact, I believe there are some good violins in China, at least I am using one of those. However, I wonder how much budget you could get her? If you could pay $8K+, pay for an ancient one then! If not, just use a cheap one and save some more $ for a better one!! Don't think the $1K one will have much different with $300 one! But some gaps will between $1K and 2K to my sense.

I know nothing about Zhang Shu Mei, as far as I choose violin, I will test them. That's a must as they are handmade, and will be very different even from the same maker. I believe you child' teacher should be able to tell you how to choose.

Last thing, does she really need a 4/4?  Many girl plays 7/8 rather than 4/4 due to hand size. Like me, I am using 7/8 as I didn't has a large hand.

Always ask before you buy! Ask more on strings' player, her teacher, her classmate or her school teacher. The first full size violin does affect her violin life!! -- I was given up the violin as my old teacher pushes me to use a 4/4 while I am not able to handle that!! And it took me 10+ years to discover there were 7/8 violins!

Hope to be able to answer your questions!

14#
發表於 05-4-6 09:10 |只看該作者

1. "Dominant" strings
- Any big music shop will have!! around $200 - 250 per set, and around $50-70/strings... all depands

2. nice bow (budget $1000-2000);
- I just test as many as I can, test them from Ofreo, Hong Kong Strings, Viol Master, Hoi Sing...etc
Ask your children' teacher! They should be able to give comments, if not, think whether they are qualified!

3. good violin in China (budget $2000-3000)?
- Same case as bow, test as many as you can within the budget. in this price range they do have wide range of choice. Some time I do help friend to seek from china if I go travel. Many nice violin in China would sell almost $1000 less than Hong Kong, but of course, you have to pay the travel fee. :

There are some shops selling violin / strings only in Hong Kong, many teacher has their own favourite, ask them as they are really string player but I am not

15#
發表於 05-4-6 09:17 |只看該作者

LuckyB,

140cm tall is not the big deal, most importantly is that she got a "BIG" hand.... Some of my friend even shorter than me but they could use 4/4 very fine, while I couldn't manage a 4/4 size!!

And secondly, don't push her to use a 4/4 right now... When I was in her age, my teacher push me to use a 4/4 and I couldn't do the 4th finger in position all the time, suffer from pain and out-of-pitch, I finally give up after 2 years. Since my teacher is a very old and experienced teacher, all of my friends said he must be correct that I could use a 4/4... Until last year, I found there was a size named 7/8 and most female adult using it rather than a Full-size... I regret that I have given that up!!  

Don't push her, and let her to choose the best violin for herself. As an past violin player, I do believe the choice of violin should be all depands on player, and family only has to pay for it    

Happy Violin time, I do enjoy learning it right now and working forwards slowly.

16#
發表於 05-4-6 10:29 |只看該作者

kaka0814,

Thanks for your advice, I will try to overcome the desire in learning vibrato at this moment. Finally I think I will look for a tutor in stead of self-learning.

I will try to buy some comparable cheap strings and bow to see any different in the output of sound. Your recommended seems too expensive when applying to my cheap violin.

Some more silly question, everytime after playing, the strings are full of yellow colour powder sticking on it. Is that I use too much 松香 on the bow? It also appears on the body. Is it good to clean it by a wet cloth, or any other specific cleaning agents?

Thanks

17#
發表於 05-4-6 11:19 |只看該作者

1) Believe me, $250 for a new set of Dominant String, you will have no regret!! :

2) If your budget is still fine, pay some more for a bow... if not, save your money for a really good one!!

3) Probably you are using some very cheap Rosin!! Change a rosin then!! I am right now using ABSSS from Hong Kong String, $120 for one. I used Presto - Oliv when I was young, $60 for one, not bad for student, but quite sticky lor ... One Rosin can use for 5-6 years, pay for a better one, so that you will have no regret.

4) Wet Cloth is a BAD thing to violin, or I should say, any wet things should be keep far from violin!! you should know violin is made from DRY WOOD! Probably you get it too wet so it sound very bad!!
Use a "眼鏡布" with no 毛/絨 one, should be already very nice.
Other reason for this, probably you are a bow that uses 纖維 rather than 馬尾毛, it cant stick those rosin well, so you waste a lot.

5) Seek for a teacher as soon as possible, if you have develop some bad habit, you won't be able to reach higher standard!! I don't think any instrument could be self-taught, unless you are talent. Sorry to say, you are a must that not a talent in music, if not, you should be already playing in some music school, right?!

pm me if you have further needs, probably I talked too much for this topic...  

18#
發表於 05-4-6 11:49 |只看該作者

Valuable information will never be too much. Thanks again!

Some are elementary, some are advance, but both are useful to those who need it.

Playing is personal interest, or my better half said it may be the childhood shadow (lack of chance to learn when young). I'm sure I am not a talent but fiddling is enjoyable, even only some easy pieces. My recent achievement is to play Fur Eloise in piano, all done by myself. Not so bad.

19#
發表於 05-4-6 12:13 |只看該作者

Well, what I believe is, strings are really different from piano. Most of the time you won't find yourself getting on a wrong track before you meet another better teacher.

I have almost started all things with my teacher right now - the position of the fingers, the energy from arms / hand / fingers, the bowing method, or even the pitch / intonation.... while I have already follow a famous old teacher for 4-5 years when I was young!! I really wonder why my past teacher didn't tell me how should I handle the bowing - as many method book just write it very simple.

While think of piano, you just need to "RESS" the key and they will be fine for tune. but if you "press" the right place of the violin, it will still get a Bad intonation from a bad bowing. I am still working hard on this, with long training on open strings and fingers exercise, it does affect a lot.

Enjoy the music for life, join some small ensemble when you reach grade 5 standard, but of course, get a teacher first, as most method book didn't mention the skills for grade 5 further.

20#
發表於 05-4-7 13:59 |只看該作者

kaka0814,

Pls check PM. Thanks!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題