密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 傳統出名英中轉讀國際學校?比比意見。 ...
樓主: boygirl
go

傳統出名英中轉讀國際學校?比比意見。

發表於 14-5-14 16:17 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:ikerberg 的帖子

直覺覺得應該選shatincollege。利申: my girl is going to shatin college.

發表於 14-5-14 16:24 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 boygirl 的帖子

I think you should respect his desires as well.  Having said this, just considering where his friends are is not a full analysis of the situation.  If I were you, I would sit down with him and think through other aspects as well such as teaching/learning style, university destinations, language acquisition, discipline, ....  Once you have talked through all the different factors, I would imagine he would know what is right for him.
今日佳句: 我以往也以為國際板的家長也有質素,但現在才知deal with 一些麻煩家長也不易!  

發表於 14-5-14 17:30 |顯示全部帖子
感激各位的意見!其實將來大學我都想他會去外國讀較好。我真不捨得F3就讓他去外國讀書,我真的要同佢傾傾。其實我相信他不想轉的理由就是唔不捨得班同學仔。

發表於 14-5-14 17:38 |顯示全部帖子
puikit2012 發表於 14-5-14 16:17
直覺覺得應該選shatincollege。利申: my girl is going to shatin college.
puikit,你覺得shatin college如何?此刻我也想看多些意見,是否值得放棄band 1 名校英中的位而去選擇一較好的IS。

發表於 14-5-14 17:47 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Quote:puikit2012+發表於+14-5-14+16:17直

原帖由 boygirl 於 14-05-14 發表
puikit,你覺得shatin college如何?此刻我也想看多些意見,是否值得放棄band 1 名校英中的位而去選擇一較好 ...
Shatin college is one of the more popular choices of Hk parents. Its academic results are good.

發表於 14-5-14 19:14 |顯示全部帖子

oooray  男人惰性重。玩民主;開family meeting, discuss first then vote.  發表於 2 小時前
xxxxxx
通常阿媽是緊張大師,smell到有乜無妥,已經四周捜羅資料,做好最壞和最好的準備。阿爸喜歡拖得就拖,唔鍾意正視問題和審視潛在問題,沒大事發生,在家中媽媽經常被取笑為「癲婆」,有事有干,媽媽就是出手打救他們父子的「神仙」了。因此媽媽是食得最多死貓的高人。

點評

WinTee  cannot agree more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahhahahaha  發表於 14-5-19 11:52
minirat  媽媽是食得最多死貓的高人  發表於 14-5-15 17:21

發表於 14-5-14 19:32 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:boygirl 的帖子

My husband graduated from one of the top local boy school (he said it s top of the top ) and he has decided our boys will go into IS stream since they were born . One of the reasons is as you said, they only focus on the top kids, the middle or bottom ones worth nothing and no one really care. He doesnt want our kids grow up in an environment that they only only being judged by academic. Some thought sharing, good luck !

發表於 14-5-14 19:36 |顯示全部帖子
Does your son's current local school offer IB curriculum?  That may be a way to get away from DSE.  

發表於 14-5-14 20:53 |顯示全部帖子

引用:Quote:puikit2012+發表於+14-5-14+16:17直

原帖由 boygirl 於 14-05-14 發表
puikit,你覺得shatin college如何?此刻我也想看多些意見,是否值得放棄band 1 名校英中的位而去選擇一較好 ...
My daughter is going to shatin college in the coming September.  So I dont have much knowings about the school actually. Since she will  transfer there from an esf primary school, I can only say so far the transation process is smooth. Later in June she will have a taster day in shatin college , I may have more information about the school  by that time.
l

發表於 14-5-14 21:49 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 boygirl 的帖子

是否值得,答案只有妳知道。如果唔弄清楚concepts,去到也難以enjoy的。到頭來是白去了。
說真的,從未遇上後悔轉校的家長,只有想再轉其他IS的家長,又或出洋留學。講真句這兒的家長十分熱心,有這樣的父母,孩子必然很可愛友善,請問重想點?

妳的孩子不想轉校,有其原因,只有妳自己解決了。

發表於 14-5-14 21:57 |顯示全部帖子
As parent of STC, I would say it is a non-selective school and not academic-demanding. There are some special need students. A range of students with different abilities is the norm. Most students are happy at school. Teachers are very nice and not demanding. But there are still some 'Asian parents' with local school strategy. Students are claimed to have diverse choices after college. Overall, it is a pretty good school for average ability students (though there are some exceptional students).

發表於 14-5-14 23:05 |顯示全部帖子

如果真係怕後悔,阿仔又唔係咁想,爸爸又完全未ready做IS家長,或者留在傳統名校多一兩年,唸清楚再報,到時再高d班都會有位的。我都有朋友兩個女讀KGV,但他完全是local school心態,非常不滿意,自己好唔開心但又回不去了,非常痛苦!

我知道Sha Tin College是非常caring的學校,每個同學有屬於自己的tutor group,有form tutor照顧(lower sec一個,senior sec一個),直到畢業,而不是local那種class teacher年年轉。每個同學有自己的house,歸屬感強。每年有一周的CAS week,全校不上課,所有同學參加不同的活動和服務。而且ESF比local school能提供多很多科目選擇,一定有你兒子喜歡的!有錯誤請指正。

發表於 14-5-14 23:40 |顯示全部帖子
感激各位的分析及意見,在此際七上八落的心情中,你們的意見都在背後支持着我,很感謝你們!大家知唔知其實插班入esf的中學,是否機會難得?今天若我放棄這機會,是否未來就好難再考入?

發表於 14-5-15 07:23 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 HIHinsurance 於 14-5-15 07:49 編輯

佢條路,  dse 繼續行, 後面條路不難估到

一陣dse 衰中文, 或中四分到差班, 你想轉, 到時已經太遲

我後生時, 新加坡政府, offer我 全獎學金, 我都無走

原因也是不捨得, 人不想變動

送去英國讀書也一樣, 好多都不肯走

改變環境, 要適應, 適應就有風險

佢不想博

你囉而家間學校入u率

派到咩u, 中四分班, 分到什麼科

各科dse 公開試成績, 學校成績

各科5分或以上的數字

給佢分析, 繼續走dse 路線

將有災難性結果

除非, 佢認為. 入大學不重要

已找到理想, 如剪頭髮, 飲食. 扎鐵.

有人理想不是入大學, 愛做廚

那麼拿拿聲,. 讀完dse. 行第二條路

不一定要讀大學

最後將個ball 俾番佢, 佢決定

但不能後悔

你再搵英基入u 率, 俾佢睇

http://www.esf.edu.hk/higher-education-destination

不幸地. 香港地, 平凡就係罪

香港是摧毀自信的教育

先要摧毀自信

邊個爬到起來, 就成贏家

輸家, 自己要執生

點評

WinTee  very ture!!!!!!!!!!!!  發表於 14-5-19 11:56
mattsmum  是的,沒有自信是悲劇.  發表於 14-5-16 07:36
annie40  香港是摧毀自信的教育. well said.  發表於 14-5-15 20:08
good but not good enough

發表於 14-5-15 08:25 |顯示全部帖子
HIHinsurance 發表於 14-5-15 07:23
佢條路,  dse 繼續行, 後面條路不難估到

一陣dse 衰中文, 或中四分到差班, 你想轉, 到時已經太遲
Both me and my husband were brought up abroad so we have no idea what it's like doing high school in HK, but i am sure it's not a pretty picture, but is it THAT bad? For a TOP traditional secondary school, if the student isn't, say, the top 30%, don't they at least get to go to college in HK? Anyhow 樓主 did plan to send her child overseas later so i am sure he will get to a good Uni at a certain point (maybe by 中四 if he still doesn't do well; but then i agree for boys you never know until they reach upper secondary so he may still excel in his current school).

Of course, sending a young men overseas at that age is another issue, as being brought up overseas i have seen too many HK students who came over to attend high school, away from their parents, lonely and unbounded, got into all sorts of troubles including car accidents (death) due to speeding, unwanted pregnancy, gambling school fees away etc. Once they are older, say 18 or 19, they are more emotional stable. Students who attended university, although also from overseas, seem to know what they are doing. That's the advantage i see in keeping the kids in IS here in HK over sending kids overseas too early.

[p.s. our child is going IS all the way but i was just shocked by your comment]

發表於 14-5-15 11:02 |顯示全部帖子
如果我個小朋友考到入local名校我一定吾轉IS

發表於 14-5-15 11:07 |顯示全部帖子
回覆 boygirl 的帖子

我就咁睇:要麼不要變;stay in your comfort zone (Do you really feel comfortable???)DSE迎難而上;頂硬上;(you are not lonely. 99%讀緊local school的學生/家長都冇得揀;做緊同一樣野);
要麼早d變;早d變早d適應;唔通等到考IB前先轉校從頭適應?到時想成績好?難矣。

發表於 14-5-15 13:11 |顯示全部帖子
My elder daughter was in a top primary school and then transferred to an IS at Year 7.  My younger one is in a LS.

My 2 cents are:

1.        Do you and your son understand the difference between DSE and IB?  I must admit that I didn’t when I made the choice.  IB may not be an easier option.  
2.        Does your son want to get into those 神級 faculties in HK?  If so, in my mind DSE or even AL may stand a higher chance than IB students.
3.        You mentioned that “名校老師的教學態度也不盡是優秀”, that’s also true for IS as far as I can tell.
4.        If your kid is mediocre in a top LS, he may probably get into a pretty decent university in HK/UK but may not be Ivy League or Oxbridge.  If you aim at the latter, you’d better send him to top-notch middle school in UK/US when he finished S.2.  Many of my friends are doing this.
5.        If you don’t want him to leave early, he can leave HK for sixth-form college n take AL after S.4 but he’d better take IGCSE.  I know a girl who did the same.  She got admitted to law schools in HK and UK.  Unlike IB, LS students should not be difficult to adapt to AL.

Suggest you sit down with your husband and son to talk it through.  Let the kid make the decision and hold him responsible.  If he chooses to stay with LS/his friends, he should have a positive or at least better attitude towards DSE.  

發表於 14-5-15 13:22 |顯示全部帖子

點解「傳統頂尖名校」會困擾你?我看這個問題才是核心,而不是ESF/shatin college/IS是否女學校、好學制。

點評

王家爸爸  從根本上了解和解決問題   發表於 14-5-15 14:21

發表於 14-5-15 14:16 |顯示全部帖子
國際學校和本地學校是兩個不同的生態,校內文化會很不同,看你們是否接受。現在是讀 F1,申請大學是 5 年後的事,也很難說到時香港的中學教育或 DSE 是甚麼情形。
STC 高中是考 ibdp。ib 是一個已運作多年 curriculum,其中 ibdp (高中課程) curriculum 會定期 review,好像是約 6  年就會有點變更。他們的 curriculum review 的 timetable 亦是公開的,例如邊一科幾時會再 review  ,上網就 check 到,review 結果亦很透明。例如,2016 年考 ibdp 那一屆會用新的 science (physics,chemisty 和 biology) curriculum,一切家長老師學生都會知。
ibdp 以內容計,一定不比 dse 容易,ibdp 亦很 broad,要兼顧好多 non academic 的 work (可參考其他 topic,其他網友的分享)。但好處係 curriculum 清晰,題目出得很好很公平,不會 (刻意) 令人混淆,marking scheme 亦很公平和客觀。唯一對不是讀開國際學校的學生較困擾的,是 ibdp 每一科都有大量的書寫,連 math,visual arts 都有很多 essay  要寫,語文能力低的學生會覺得吃力。
stc 初中是以 igcse 為目標,igcse 是 exam based ,很易,令郎現在讀 f1,去 stc 應該是讀 year 9, 剛好有一年適應期,銜接得上 year 10 的 igcse,是一個不錯的適應方式 。現在不去 stc,將來會有機會嗎?因為 igcse 課程是兩年的,要 year 10 入;跟著就要等 year 12 入,讀 ibdp,但這樣做很高風險,因為 ibdp  真的 "唔係講玩",到時先轉,會難適應。