教育王國 討論區 九龍塘宣道小學 宣小的優缺分享
發新帖
查看: 5437|回覆: 15
go

宣小的優缺分享

發表於 13-1-13 23:54 |顯示全部帖子
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

發表於 13-1-15 08:48 |顯示全部帖子
似乎APS本並不是你target 杯茶, 因你事先沒了解呢所學校,這樣既開始會係一個瑕疵...(不喜物插)

點評

LAWYIMYU    發表於 13-2-2 11:59
LAWYIMYU  Scary:其實我都係依D家長,對好多學校嘅資料都好唔清楚  發表於 13-2-2 11:59

發表於 13-1-15 14:45 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 13-1-17 09:17 |顯示全部帖子
回復 Lung12345 的帖子

對心儀學校真係要花時間去睇番眾家長既留言. 10 多內有齊想知的答案. 希望唔好嚇怕妳.

點評

金毛B媽    發表於 13-1-17 17:29
MacMa    發表於 13-1-17 12:54

發表於 13-2-20 23:15 |顯示全部帖子
Where are the 10 pages?

發表於 13-3-7 20:47 |顯示全部帖子

引用:唔好意思,我報名前只在校網頁了解學校始終

原帖由 Lung12345 於 13-01-15 發表
唔好意思,我報名前只在校網頁了解學校
始終身邊沒朋友在宣小讀,所以想問多些用家親身意見
希望有宣小家長 ...
我小兒正讀五年級,我個人覺得學生一般質素不錯,而且大多數的家長都很關兒女,大家有相同目標,可以互勵互勉。學校方面民風純樸,令學生本身品格上有良好發展,相信到畢業時一定學到刻苦耐勞。低年級時功課量不算太多了,到五年級才明顯多起來。

發表於 13-3-20 13:18 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 13-3-22 20:05 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 13-3-24 07:31 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:Lung12345 的帖子

學校都是教RWI的。

發表於 13-3-24 19:07 |顯示全部帖子
本帖最後由 yellowgreen 於 13-3-27 20:08 編輯

Welcome to APS, I am sure your kid will have a very fulfilling primary school life.

I have two kids in APS, The elder one is going to graduate this year, my experience is in general quite positive about APS, so take my biased opinion with a grain of salt.

The positives about APS are:

1. Your kid will be studying with the company of very talented children and committed parents. Academically it is strong. Some will regard this as pressure, some will regard this as motivation. I think most parents are aware of this before their application, so take it easy when your kid is not performing at the highest level in APS, most graduates will be good enough for most better schools.

2. Excellent music culture. Although many schools are catching up and even overtaking, APS remains an elite musical school, that is part of the reason many top secondary schools favor APS students even if others are academically on par. Don't worry about the need to spend a handsome amount of time on musical training, it is absolutely worth it! The training per se cultivates perseverance and the habit of overcoming difficulties, traits that are highly valued by those elite schools.

3. Light homework load. Yes you heard me right they have relatively little homework or projects to do. Many people like to use the word pushy (谷) to describe APS, if pushy means too much homework then it is the most laughable myth ever in EK. Most of the time my kids have almost finished their homework before they get home, maybe except the last year and a half. They have protected time in school for doing it and only need to spend a little bit extra at home to have it done. The rest of the day is for musical practice, sports training if you wish, reading books and family time. Examinations and tests are not difficult to prepare, most of the time a few chapters or a handful of worksheets cover everything. Things that have been covered in the previous term mostly won't be asked again in the upcoming terms. Some people use pushy to describe they teach ahead of schedule, well in the upper form students are grouped according to their abilities. The less capable ones will have their weaknesses strengthened, while those more capable will be taught more, should one regards this as pros or cons? APS selects its own students whom in general are capable of being taught a bit more and quicker. Just let the school to do what it does best.

4. Good track record of your seniors. APS year by year sent their students to many good schools, their excellent track record contributes to APS's reputation. That is why people describe APS students have good 叩門能力.

Having mentioned the good things, there is always another side of the story. Be prepared for the need to spend. Musical training ain't cheap, instrument, private lessons, exam fee, accompanist fee, yearly overseas expedition and so on. If you commit more, say a second instrument or a type of serious sports then it could add up a fortune. The schedule is also a headache avoiding clashes. Working parents should anticipate the difficulties to overcome.

Spoken English will not be as fluent as students from IS or the better English local schools. If you stress on English proficiency then you may consider private English tutorials. My kids have weekly one hour 1 to 1 private lesson and I still wish they can improve further.

As a whole, my APS experience is very positive and rewarding. Hope your family will be enjoying the coming years with us.

Best wishes!

點評

MacMa  Fair comments!  發表於 13-3-25 10:00

發表於 13-3-25 00:28 |顯示全部帖子

發表於 13-3-25 19:40 |顯示全部帖子
回復 yellowgreen 的帖子

Yellowgreen, Thank you so much!

My son will attend P.1 from Sept, any recommendations for us that we need to prepare well before?

發表於 13-3-25 23:33 |顯示全部帖子
Not much preparation is needed. If your kid's kinder has reasonably covered some English that should be fine. It looks to me they have tried to allocate P1 kids to different classes according to their English level before, not sure if this is still the case now, please ask current P1 parents for update.

Another issue is the choice of musical instrument. They usually will make the choice for your kids, unless you have firm ground to reject. There are pros and cons for this kind of arrangement but it has been like this for years, once again let the school to do what it does best. If you really have a firm preference over a particular instrument, maybe you can start early but I am not sure if this will work to your favor. Bear in mind, in general charming instruments attract parents, but very competitive; inconspicuous instruments are generally ignored, but less competitive. You will understand the beauty of these hidden rules in you forthcoming years.

發表於 13-3-26 20:18 |顯示全部帖子
回復 yellowgreen 的帖子

Thanks, yellowgreen.

How about Piano?  Since my son has studied for more than 1 year, in fact, there is limited time for him to practise on both instruments, should I let him to continue from P.1 ?   

And how about Mathematics?  Do you think APS emphasize on it?

Thanks!

發表於 13-3-27 13:35 |顯示全部帖子
The school doesn't seem to put any emphasis on a particular subject, I think follow the syllabus should be fine. You can offer your kid some extra "support" say Eng, Math, 3rd language, but that is up to the parents' wish, not a must.

Second instrument, say piano is optional, feel no pressure to force your kid to learn it especially if time is limited. However, if he is having fun and handling other assignments well, then why not?

My own philosophy, that could be wrong, is always trying to give them a push near the limit, if they can handle well, I push further. If signs of over commitment, then I will back off a little bit. That's very personal approach though.

發表於 13-3-28 06:32 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:宣小的優缺分享

我囡囡現在宣小讀小一,佢哋係按phonics嘅程度分班嘅,有學過同冇學過係會分開唔同班教嘅,好細心!