搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Is it good at ISF
發新帖
查看: 24931|回覆: 6
go

Is it good at ISF   [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-4-3 22:43 |顯示全部帖子
My little girl got offers from ISF and Harrow.  Which one shall we accept?

2#
發表於 12-4-9 00:59 |顯示全部帖子
kfy:  My child received an offer from ISF for the Foundation Year program.  I know they have a pretty strong Chinese/Mandarin curriculum but how about their English?  We were all told by the Principal at the parents' meeting that they expect their lower school students to lag behind in English for the initial years as they do 70% in Mandarin and 30% in English up to Grade 4/5 and then gradually catching up in English...

3#
發表於 12-4-9 12:29 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:kfy 的帖子

Many thanks, kfy.

What are the school hours and do they have school bus services? I couldn't find such info' on ISF's website. Thanks!

4#
發表於 12-4-10 00:44 |顯示全部帖子
kfy: Many thanks for your sincere and unbiased responses :)

5#
發表於 12-4-13 10:03 |顯示全部帖子
Spantan: Please share more information on what you have heard from your freinds.  We need to decide whether or not to accept ISF's offer very soon.  This is very important to us and our child.  Many thanks!

6#
發表於 12-4-19 00:57 |顯示全部帖子

回覆:bobbycheung 的帖子

"... schools and teachers are not magicians. They can't turn every single student into a star pupil. To a large extent, it depends on the student's own abilities as well as the effort he puts in".

Well said, bobbycheung :)

7#
發表於 12-4-19 11:00 |顯示全部帖子
I echo kfy's comments.  I did very well academically myself and for Spantan's information, I went to Oxford to read law.  I don’t have any expectations for my kids to go to any particular universities and I certainly wouldn’t tell them that LSE, King’s College and St. Andrew’s, etc. are “only marginally acceptable” universities.  There is a whole lot more in life than exam results.  Doing well academically only means just that.  It certainly doesn't mean that they are better people or superior to others and most certainly doesn't entitle them to look down on other people/schools that do not do as well academically.

Good/famous schools attract good students but they cannot create good students.  No schools or parents can do that.

P.S.        The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge went to St. Andrew’s.  If it is good enough for the future King and Queen of England, who is to say that it is not good enough for commoners like us? :D

點評

kfy  Agree :D  發表於 12-4-19 23:54
kfy    發表於 12-4-19 23:53
‹ 上一主題|下一主題