搜索
教育王國 討論區 小學雜談 屎波打人 - 名校 wor!
樓主: 11B
go

屎波打人 - 名校 wor!   [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 12-3-14 18:56 |只看該作者
回復 Ving 的帖子

Maybe the letter was sent by ESF out of safety concerns for the boy.

22#
發表於 12-3-14 20:25 |只看該作者
if it's out of safety concern, I think the letter should be from the headmaster/director. A lawyer's letter is an unfriendly act.

Are they too arrogant or are they so insensitive? even stupid?

23#
發表於 12-3-14 20:43 |只看該作者
現在小學生好惡,學校都好惡呀!真係點教小朋友好呀?

24#
發表於 12-3-14 21:59 |只看該作者
係呢間小學特別惡!

25#
發表於 12-3-14 22:39 |只看該作者
好彩香港唔係咁容易有槍, 若果唔係發生d乜乜校園槍撃事件就大獲...
呢d細路冇得救啦, 咁細個已經咁兇狠, 如果係中學生o既力度分分當場殺o左人...
我覺得一定要報警, 唔洗入男童院起碼都要守行為, 仲要民事償索, 最少賠一千幾百萬補償返小朋友的童年陰影...

26#
發表於 12-3-14 23:22 |只看該作者
I am sure that if the ESF management does not handle this case properly with transparency, people will definitely lose confidence about ESF.

It is just a pity that it damages the past effort on the good result on IB exam as of nowadays parents still place great emphasis on "Conduct" and ESF student might be label

27#
發表於 12-3-15 00:08 |只看該作者
見到都想哭

28#
發表於 12-3-15 09:55 |只看該作者
The innocent one are those ES"X" parents/children who are good and not bullying. They are really hard-hit by thid bad guy/coach and poor school management

29#
發表於 12-3-15 10:42 |只看該作者
Ving 發表於 12-3-14 18:43
If the video is telling the truth and not fake one, why remove it? Is this school bullying the news  ...
"News freedom" (and sometimes just satisfaction of viewers' curiosity) should not override protection of children.  Even for the accused, he is just a kid and deserves both correction and a chance to change for the better.

將心比己,if you were unfortunately the parent of the accused, would you like the video to be published?  Shouldn't the matter been handled in a better way, e.g. lodging a complaint to the organiser of the event and ESF (or even to the police if it is considered serious enough) without going through public channels?

點評

chunyatmama  ANChan59, cant't agree more!  發表於 12-3-15 17:13
ANChan59  Agree, nowadays media is downgraded......  發表於 12-3-15 12:44

30#
發表於 12-3-15 10:51 |只看該作者
英基給家長的信:

To   :      Parents with children in -

ESF schools;
Discovery College;
Renaissance College;
Kindergartens; and
ESL Sports

Dear Parent

ESF Lions Football Incident

I am writing to you because there has been a good deal of understandable concern about an incident during a football match organised by ESF Educational Services Limited (ESL), an affiliate company of ESF, which is not subvented, and whose board I chair.  The match was an Under-12 game between ESF Lions and Kitchee Escola.  A ten-year-old player (we have established that he is ten, not eleven) was videoed making a kick that contacted the head of a Kitchee Escola player.

Let me say first very clearly that ESF and ESL deeply regret any injury that was caused to the young Escola player.  The Chief Operating Officer of ESL, Ann Pearce, wrote on Monday to the boy’s father and the Head Football Coach has also written to the Chairman of Kitchee Football Club expressing their regret.  We accept the disciplinary action that the Hong Kong Development League Association has taken.  I understand that the parent of the injured child has referred the matter to the police and we will cooperate fully with any police investigation.

However, we are also concerned about the impact on the young ESF Lions player of the very public posting of an edited video on YouTube showing these events.  By Tuesday afternoon, only 72 hours after the match, there had been more than 20,000 views.  Under the film clip a large number of comments had been posted, making aggressive and threatening remarks about the ESF Lions player and his coach.  From Sunday evening ESL had been asking Kitchee Football Club to use their good offices to request the removal of the video.  ESL approached the Club because there is no ready central access to YouTube and we did not know the name of the person who had posted the film.  As the film clips (now two of them) were still being shown on Tuesday morning and the number of views and comments was growing, ESL asked its lawyer to write to the parent who we believed had posted one of the clips and the Kitchee Football Club Chairman to press our request for the removal of the film clips.  The lawyer’s letter makes clear our concern about the injury to the Kitchee Football Club child and is designed solely to get the video clips closed down because of the distress that the offensive comments were causing to the ESF Lions player and his family.

We have also commented about our disappointment that the Hong Kong Development League released its findings to journalists, from whom we learnt of them, before making them known to the ESF Lions player, his family, the coach or ESL and without an explanation of what the ‘disciplinary action’ would constitute.

I am very sorry indeed that parents have been distressed by this incident and I repeat my own deep regret that a child who played for the Kitchee Escola team was injured.  All of the adults involved in physical sporting activities, managers, coaches, referees, spectators and parents, have a responsibility to teach children fair and responsible sporting behaviour and ESL is committed to the highest standards in that respect.  Appropriate action will be taken to deal with this incident, but, as we do that, we have also to ensure that criticism of a ten-year-old who made a serious mistake does not get out of hand.

I ask for your support in allowing us to manage the follow-up to this matter in a firm and appropriate way but out of the spotlight of the social media which is too harsh an environment for a child to be exposed to.

Yours sincerely,

Heather Du Quesnay
Chief Executive Officer, English Schools Foundation
Chairman, Board of Directors, ESF Educational Services Limited

cc    :       ESF Board of Governors
                Committee of School Council Chairmen
                Principals
                ESF Senior Management Team
                ESF Education Team
                Ann Pearce, Chief Operating Officer, ESF Educational Services Ltd
                All Staff – ESF and ESL

點評

thomasha  Thanks for posting the letter here so that we can have a better understanding of the whole picture.  發表於 12-3-15 14:12

31#
發表於 12-3-15 12:42 |只看該作者
回復 宏媽 的帖子

Thanks to show the letter and we can see other side of the story, a bit more official and not so emotional as other media.
Do you know the date of the announcement?

點評

宏媽  I received this letter this morning through email.

In fact, I have written to the principal to my child's school last night to ask about the viewpoint of ESF in this incident and the follow up they    發表於 12-3-15 13:28
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

醒目開學勳章

32#
發表於 12-3-15 12:49 |只看該作者
什麼叫"to write to the parent who we believed had posted one of the clips"
這是借口,麻煩拿證據,否則這是另一種黑社會行為!!

33#
發表於 12-3-15 12:56 |只看該作者
SCKnight 發表於 12-3-14 21:59
係呢間小學特別惡!
認同﹗係呢間小學特別惡!

如果角色互換,你估會點........太過份啦﹗

****未經本人許可, 不得轉載****

34#
發表於 12-3-15 13:27 |只看該作者
回復 ANChan59 的帖子

I received this letter this morning through email.
In fact, I have written to the principal to my child's school last night to ask about the viewpoint of ESF in this incident and the follow up they have done and are planning to do, and I received the letter this morning.

35#
發表於 12-3-15 13:49 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 daisy17772 於 12-3-15 13:49 編輯

What ESF wrote was quite right.......what the ESF coach demonstrated was that he lacked of the capacity to teach his team sportsmanship.   Under media exposure it is indeed harsh for children of this age, so ESF please "tell" your coach to ensure he teaches his team to behave in public arena, otherwise....things will keep happening again, it's not the problem of today's media, it's that it tell us we need to behave and be concerned of the other ppl's safety.    This was a serious offence in football game, not a joke.  This ESF coach is a big problem.

36#
發表於 12-3-15 14:10 |只看該作者
ziyi 發表於 12-3-15 12:49
什麼叫"to write to the parent who we believed had posted one of the clips"
這是借口,麻煩拿證據,否則 ...
我們沒有看過律師信的內容,所以不應該假設學校是用威脅的字眼逼家長和球會就範。

既然不能透過youtube找出上載的人,校方以合理的假設(甚至以其他途徑得知)上載人的身份而發出刪除短片的請求,亦不為過。既然學校方面已承認理虧,把出律師信解讀為威脅事主和球會,似有點不合情理。

作為常要跟律師打交道的我,明白到有時候,找律師寫信只是為了令訊息更清晰和確保要表達的事已經清楚寫在信上,電視上動軋叫律師出信威脅別人的情況,與現實不完全符合。

懇請大家多點冷靜分析,衝動發洩並不能讓我們客觀的看清楚問題所在。

點評

ziyi  證明是張先生的,不用出律師信,可以報警!香港有一些法律是可以禁止的
當已經進入了法律,對方家長已經報警下.而張先生是涉案的其中一人  發表於 12-3-16 10:03
ziyi  小朋友.而且俾機會不等同小孩不需要受罰,而且所有運動,都是先講公平競技的
學校/領隊有沒有做好自己的本份?
2個假設,但一個是說有理由,如果他有  發表於 12-3-16 10:01
ziyi  沒有人說不應該給機會小朋友.
但學校的處理方法不是有其他選擇嗎
如果他可以發公開信給家長,為什麼不可以發給對方,道歉,及祈望對方/大眾俾個機  發表於 12-3-16 09:58

37#
發表於 12-3-15 14:24 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-3-15 19:46 編輯

回復 宏媽 的帖子

Sooner is better, eventually they esculated the incident to very senior level for damage control.

點評

宏媽  Agree!  發表於 12-3-15 14:49
宏媽    發表於 12-3-15 14:49
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

38#
發表於 12-3-15 17:11 |只看該作者
宏媽 發表於 12-3-15 10:51
英基給家長的信:
To   :      Parents with children in -ESF schools;
Discovery College;

Thanks for sharing this letter to us.  This is such an important letter to let the parents know the position of the school.  In fact, when reading what Director Cheung's article, he has not just blame the kid.  Rather, he fully understood the kid had lost his mind when he kicked the innocent.  I agree with what the school said that this incident must be handled seriously but not in front of the media.  The boy or the coach are lack of sportsmanship. I believe ESF will do what they should in an appropriate manner.

Yet, being a parent and having seen different sides of stories, please do give the kid a chance.  

39#
發表於 12-3-15 18:49 |只看該作者
我覺得失控踼人哥位球員有可能缺乏家庭的管教。

王國長老

40#
發表於 12-3-15 23:51 |只看該作者

引用:Quote:ziyi+發表於+12-3-15+12:49+什麼叫"t

原帖由 thomasha 於 12-03-15 發表
我們沒有看過律師信的內容,所以不應該假設學校是用威脅的字眼逼家長和球會就範。

既然不能透過youtube找 ...
現在說的是一間學校,我相信作為校長絕對有能力可以寫一封清晰的信件表達自己意思,現今社會普遍人士英文能力不弱,要出動到律師為求寫一封清楚的信件實在難以令人信服。

‹ 上一主題|下一主題