用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際英文幼稚園 K3 this year, almost all private school accept!
樓主: sutent
go

K3 this year, almost all private school accept!   [複製鏈接]

61#
發表於 12-3-15 01:02 |只看該作者
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

Can u mind to pm me the centre which your daughter joined?

Thanks a lot!

62#
發表於 12-3-15 09:09 |只看該作者
每個b都是unique, 天資發展各有不同, 唔好諗住跟人地上既course, 讀一樣既學校就有相當既成果, 我有兩個b同見其他朋友既b就好明白了.

家庭教育最重要!

點評

sobmama    發表於 12-11-20 17:14
進進豬, 06年1月6日,來到我們的懷抱 :-P

63#
發表於 12-3-15 12:25 |只看該作者
我上星期去咗p1入學準備分享會,校方share2010-2011小一結果,私校同直資嘅result都好好~~可以話top tier嘅學都有一班係SC畢業嘅~希望我囡囡出年都有好嘅成績

64#
發表於 12-3-16 01:10 |只看該作者
Happy小米 發表於 12-3-15 09:09
每個b都是unique, 天資發展各有不同, 唔好諗住跟人地上既course, 讀一樣既學校就有相當既成果, 我有兩個b同 ...
Totally agree!

65#
發表於 12-3-20 17:24 |只看該作者
totally agree家庭教育最重要!   My friend got admission from DGS and SPCC and she is not studied in famous KG, she is just attend normal KG near home only                  

66#
發表於 12-3-21 11:41 |只看該作者
joeyxlma 發表於 12-3-7 19:18
For English learning centre that my girl is joining, pls check PM.
Of course there are a lot of go ...

hello joeyxlma..........

would you pls pm the details for eng learning centre to me?

Many thanks.........

67#
發表於 12-3-25 00:57 |只看該作者
joeyxlma,

Pls also PM information regarding the english learning centre. Thx

68#
發表於 12-3-26 12:26 |只看該作者
Hi,

Would you mind PM the details of the learning centre to me?

Thanks

69#
發表於 12-3-27 13:55 |只看該作者
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

Hi ! joeyxlma, would you pls pm the details to us also with thanks.

70#
發表於 12-3-30 06:04 |只看該作者
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

would you min d pm the details of the landuage class. Thanks a  lot.

71#
發表於 12-3-30 10:17 |只看該作者
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

Would you please pm the language centre info to me? Thanks.

72#
發表於 12-3-30 13:26 |只看該作者
回復 joeyxlma 的帖子

joeyxlma,

Pls also PM information regarding the english learning centre. Thx

73#
發表於 12-4-3 19:40 |只看該作者
I notice quite a lot of parents are interest in the learning centre that my girl is attending - I absolutely have no problem to share - but I like to emphase that:

The most most important part in raising your child is how you devote yourself in raising him/her up, This absolutely do not linked directly with how many courses that you enroll him/her to. but to a quality time that you spent with your child.  REMEMBER, quality is much important than quanity.  Also consistent involvement is also very important.  

Thanks god I have a very good husband who involve no less than myself in my girl eduction (if not more) including attending P1 talks, determining which school to apply and reason why, determining which school to turn down (believe me it is a hard decision), etc...

So please do more emphase on this part when you are thinking of put your child to a learning centre.

You can also refere to a great article in "小一選校”written by Ian.

74#
發表於 12-4-3 19:59 |只看該作者
HI, anyone that asked questions but I have not answer, pls PM me.

75#
發表於 12-4-4 23:41 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

76#
發表於 12-4-6 23:52 |只看該作者
It is happy to hear your girl have just a good result!

Could you also please PM the english learning centre and maths learning centre to me?
Thanks a lot.

77#
發表於 12-4-7 11:48 |只看該作者

回覆:joeyxlma 的帖子

Please pm me the English centre thanks

78#
發表於 12-5-3 14:01 |只看該作者
One of the parents ask me about (1) How to choice primary school and (2)  tips for P1 interviews.

I think it maybe worthwhile to share.  Please note that most of the followings are based on personal opinion and experience.  Also thie following is not in very good order, However, should anyone like to clarify/have further questions, don't hesitate to ask me.

Primary School Selection
- You have first to understand there are boardly 3 classes of primary schools available for public according to their source of funding, i.e.  Private (私校), DSS (直資) & Govt' (官校/律貼).

- Assuming u are concerning how to choose Private schools (私校) or DSS schools (直資). When I make P1 application for my girl, my considerations are (not in order of importance):
(1) Secondary schools support or track records for good Secondary school application result and the reasons,
(2) English level
(3) reputation (especially among those u trust that they'r telling the truth but not standard answer, and also from those who have the same expectation with you - or at least u know their expectation);
(4) reputation of the principal
(5) teaching methods,
(6) distrince from home or if u prepare to move if admitted by it.

My setlection steps are:
(A) shortlist all private & DSS schools
(B) selected those are English Media eg SFA/WKF; or those P school which is 直屬 of a 2nd schools that is within top 100 secondary shcools e.g. Hong Kong True Lights/ Good Hope/ 聖心/ St. Clare's/ DGS/ SPCC; or those P schools with good track records of good % of Band 1 secondary school entry e.g. APS/KTS/TSL/SFA  or others that has good reputation e.g. HKUGA.  
(C) study these P schools in details by - MUST attend its P1 admission talk whereever it is available - also talk with existing parents or other reliable sources such as 補習社老師, etc.- you may also compare the homeworks of different target prmary schools to find out their academic level.

Actually after Steps (A), (B) and part of step (C) above, I left with around 11-12 schools on my list.  I think you have to complete your shortlist perferrable before the peak season of application.

79#
發表於 12-5-3 14:06 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 joeyxlma 於 12-5-3 14:21 編輯

To prepare for the interviews:

(i) build up the academic foundation of the child (you can start this very early even since K1-K2)

(ii) build training on academic and interview exercises into weekly routine e.g. go to English centre and enoopi for English and Maths academic; do exercise for interview questions format (such as story telling/drawings/情景問題 /模擬面試) at a specific time every week (pls use a very interesting way so that the child will not aware that it is a training), do exercise on Cambridge mover at a specific time every week, do exercise for heat P1 question formate such as  - actually I cannot manage it well n it is my suggestion only  

(iii) preparing portfolio.  
After the P1 admission battle, I don't think it is very important. The more important thing is the School result report, especially SC's report should have good creditiablity. So make sure she is doing good at school.  However I will not suggest you to down grade your attention to the portfolio but you must understand how the school use it. To my own opinion, it is for the shcool to find out (1) the child's character and (2) how the parents 栽培 their child.  Afterall, good preparation of portfolio will give you a feeling of good preparation.

(iv) shortlist those I'd apply, and be aware of the timing of P1 admission talk for EVERY shcool that u want to apply whenever there is one - good for understanding the style of the school

(v) build up a time plan by date for the date of admission talk, application, interview date, announcemnet date, registration date - I do it with an excel table

(vi) very very important to plan the time of submitting the application. Most of the schools have the same interview dates (in 2011 about 10 shcools are in the same weekend). Nearly all schools will arrnage the interview date and time according to the time when they receive the submission (except fot TSL where you can choose a date between Sat and Sun), e.g. last yr I submit my applicaiton to KTS and DGS very early so it their interviews did not crash with others and there is ONLY ONE interview on those days. But I submit the form for SPCC and APS quite late so that they crash with others and I've given them up.

(vi) do good rest and keep the interviews as a preseat thing which enhance the family relationship (between husband and wife, and between parents and child) -  try to do the preparation work and P school seletion together with your spouse, try not to ask what are the questions after doing the interviews

(vii) before the interviews, gather as much as past questions a possible and study their trends, u will found out for some schools, they will repeat the questions/type of questions every year (e.g. Good Hope will do doodles, APS will ask your child if they like the school and the reason). Do also aware if there are any questions for the parents and do good preparation for that (e.g. 2nd interview of KTS is actually interviewing the parents, not the child)

(viii) just before the interview date, try to bring your child to the school or somewhere nearby so that they will think they are familiar with it (but actually I do not do this a lot), at least surf on the web-site of it, and let your child recoginise the principal of that school. The purpose of this to rising the interest of the child to this school.  I believe if the child has high interest in the school, they will do well in the interview.

(viii) before the interview date, plan carefully the travelling routine and make sure that there is some buffer and some good rest between interviews (I give up SPCC due to too rush for the next interview and of cox I believe my girl has very low chance of being admitted by it);

(ix) try to be keep the child happy and relax on the date of interview and the day before - do not plan too much work, sufficent rest, do not plan activities that will make her feel unhappy, do not scold her if possible on these two special days.

點評

maomaofifi    發表於 13-8-29 12:34

80#
發表於 12-5-5 17:10 |只看該作者

回覆:joeyxlma 的帖子

Thanks for sharing! Just wanna know how to compare the homework of different primary school? I really want to know more about the academic level of the school, but I don't know where to get the info except for asking in EK.

‹ 上一主題|下一主題