密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 很煩腦: 資優生選CKY, 優才或APS?
查看: 11113|回覆: 31
go

很煩腦: 資優生選CKY, 優才或APS? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-1-12 22:02 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
小兒韋氏測試是資優。英文和數學都不差:Starter 15 shields, CTY 收了他讀 accelerated Math 3. 現在不知道那一間小學比較適合他。CKY 開心學習,IB,不過在網上看到啲工課好似有啲淺。APS就要再煩升中。我很喜歡這校,但小兒對音樂喜愛就很一般。我怕升中不大好。優才中學都不錯,比上不足,比下有餘。仲有不知道SFA叩門有冇機會。請大家比啲意見。
   2    0    0    1

2#
發表於 12-1-12 22:25 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

3#
發表於 12-1-12 23:35 |只看該作者
GT ? the quality of the teachers are very different from CKY. Not comparable at all.
APS / SFA is very pushy and traditional. If your kid is smart but difficult to teach, my impression is, CKY would provide more space. It really depends if your gifted kid has emotional concerns. But if your son is able to deal with traditional schools' style (you need to check if APS / SFA's homework style is repetitive or not -- your gifted son may not like it that way).

4#
發表於 12-1-12 23:49 |只看該作者
回復 joanthony 的帖子

那時候我小兒只是4歲3個日,他做了Wechsler Preschool and Primary Scale of Intelligen-Chinese Version. 這個test, 4歲已經可以了。

我想CKY 會有位放出來。你看在這裡巳經有不少人放位。祝你成功。我就喜歡SFA, 因為聽講有幾多gifted。我希望小兒能夠跟他們一齊學習。但又怕升中又會滑鐵盧。很煩。

5#
發表於 12-1-12 23:55 |只看該作者
回復 newmommy 的帖子

I think my son is not difficult to teach. He likes and does homework very quick. Emotion, um ... likes to win all the times. Always want to answer questions in class.

Can you share more why you say the teacher quality of GT and CKY can't comparable? Is GT really that bad (or just mediocre? Many thanks.

6#
發表於 12-1-13 08:18 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 cookieng 於 12-1-13 08:22 編輯

CKY 既功課唔淺, 思考性既功課比較多, 抄寫比較少,  , 囡囡 今年y1,  讀得很開心,  

7#
發表於 12-1-13 12:18 |只看該作者
CKY行IB, 根本係同本地既學習兩回事, 前者係著重problem solving同埋興趣學習, 呢方面係好長遠既訓練黎, 亦係初段好難睇到個果效, 父母會好擔心小朋友太"hea"亦唔知佢學左d咩

本地學校始終都係focus係考試同埋背誦, 係初期你會好易見到個成效, 但好容易適得其反令到小朋友失去學習興趣

邊類適合資休生就真係好難講

8#
發表於 12-1-13 12:58 |只看該作者
newmommy 發表於 12-1-12 23:35
GT ? the quality of the teachers are very different from CKY. Not comparable at all.
APS / SFA is ve ...

If the kid has emotional concern, which one you'd suggest? Thanks!

9#
發表於 12-1-13 13:26 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

10#
發表於 12-1-17 13:01 |只看該作者
回復 RoseInPink 的帖子

如果是追得到啲學生,學校在這方面有什麼支援呢?希望在讀啲家長分享吓。

11#
發表於 12-1-17 13:05 |只看該作者
回復 bee918 的帖子

如果成績okay, 只有少少emotional問題, GT 可能比較包容啲. 最少是小班教學. 不對嘅請斗正.

點評

bee918  thanks!  發表於 12-1-20 13:42

12#
發表於 12-1-17 15:31 |只看該作者

Short term gain, long term lose

本帖最後由 malakids 於 12-1-17 16:10 編輯

選傳 統 或 IB學校 主 要 是 決 定 于 對 小 孩 長 大 後 的 期 望 .
如 果 要 做 醫 生 會 計 師 或 中 低 級公  務 員 , 讀傳 統 有保 障.
IB主 要 是 訓 練 獨 立 分 析 能 力 和 培 養 對 學 科 的興 趣 .  三 幾 年 內 ,傳 統 學 校 一 定 比 活 動教 學 教 得 多 .
但 現 在 香 港 經 濟 主 要 依 靠 金 融地產 , 高 端 的 創造都 和 香 港 無關 . 傳 統 畢 業 的 學 生 , 大部份只有有考試壓力時, 才會看書 . 根 本不可以和美加的看書風氣相比 . 就算在共公圖書館的中文書 , 大部份都是台彎或大陸出版的 , 和 香港出版的不成 比 列 .

現在的小學只注重和本地小學比較競 爭  , 有沒有考慮20年之后大學畢業 時, 是否可以和全球的人材競爭.  

13#
發表於 12-1-17 16:07 |只看該作者
看看華夏盃參加的學校, 可能會看到這些學校數學科的方向..........

http://www.hkmo.cc/gangao/

14#
發表於 12-1-17 16:20 |只看該作者
GT今年只參加小一至小三的華盃。

http://www.hxcup.org/

15#
發表於 12-1-30 14:49 |只看該作者
本帖最後由 ANChan59 於 12-2-2 16:57 編輯

回復 Aerosol_Ma 的帖子

Just share some experience and thoughts here, wish you can pick the most suitable school for your kids:

1. Maths is an important subject, but not the only one, even my son like Maths. We directed him to balance out in knowledge development, not just Maths.

2. Does Maths is his interest or expertise?He loves Maths but not necessary take Maths as professional or career.........If not Maths, so what's it? I don't mean to drop Maths, but also improve his weakest link(s).

3. Emotional problems of gifted kids, yesor no? All depends on scenario and how we help him to understand the real world and we may need professional help, not to solve his problem, but helping us to understand him more and share with his teacher in the school. Gifted kids are lonely, we need to learn how to communicate with him and share his emotional problem. For example, even my son is Maths gifted and pretty mature, he did notvery well in his HL Maths in IBDP, the issue is steps. In his mind, the answer isso simple and obvious, why artificially to write so many steps and then the answer. The teacher explained to him that she would like to know the answer isgenuine and not copy from other. My son is not happy about her answer. Hechallenged her and did Maths questions openly and publicly (單挑) in the class; of course, he beat her badly in speed andcorrectness .... My intervention is - hey, most teachers and examiners are mediocre, they are not as smart as you, they can't follow your jumping steps method, you need to facilitate them to appreciate your powerful mind-Maths technique. He takes it and does it reluctantly....

4. Expectation management - I was happy toknow my son was gifted initially and I was / am proud of him. I really don’t wantto dominate his life based on my expectation, should be based on his expectation or inspiration.......... Gifted kids up to certain age, he has hisown views, may be very unique or just normal, talk to them and share some of your views, let him learn one fundamental concept, he needs to make decision and also bear the consequence...... It's not easy, but very useful for his future development.

5. A gifted kid is a precious gift from our Lord, we are the family steward to grow with him, not pass the royal responsibility to the schools, teachers, training classes......... We need towork with him up to certain age and or certain point. I can't tell you exactly,follow your heart.

6. Teachers have proper training to handle gifted kids is critical and parents also need to learn how to handle gifted kids. We need to work hand in hand with schools and teachers. If you canarrange a meeting either with the principal or the head teacher of the gifted education, you can understand their philosophy and their supports. Talk to some current parents may give you more in-depth info of the gifted education. Like my son son’s primary school, they offered special program for High Learning Ability students, the program focus on

1. Creativity;

2. Team work and

3. Emotion and relationship

Those elements are crucial to his development.

Just pop up my mind, may miss some other important points........

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

16#
發表於 12-1-30 23:13 |只看該作者
newmommy 發表於 12-1-12 23:35
Although I also have good impression towards CKY, I have to question if your comparison is fact based.

17#
發表於 12-1-31 21:45 |只看該作者
huba, true. I only know about a few (<= 10) teachers in CKY and their education background (their CV, and hence, where they get their degrees from), and only know the CV of about < 5 teachers in GT. I did not have the chance to examine their teaching quality vis-a-via the students and especially gifted ones. So, your comment is justified.

點評

huba  Thanks for your honest feedback.  發表於 12-2-1 00:24

18#
發表於 12-2-1 12:29 |只看該作者
newmommy 發表於 12-1-31 21:45
huba, true. I only know about a few (
Just want to share my own experience. Even I am teaching tertiary education, I believe there is no strong correlation between the teaching quality and  which university the teacher graduated. I think it's particular true for primary/secondary schools as the most important factor affecting teaching quality is "their heart." I believe many teachers will agree with it. Do you think HKU graduates teach better than the those graduated from the other local university?

點評

dabbycheung  agree!!!!!!!  發表於 12-2-1 14:22

19#
發表於 12-2-2 14:59 |只看該作者
ANChan59 發表於 12-1-30 14:49
回復 Aerosol_Ma 的帖子

Just share some experience and thoughtshere, wish you can pick the most suit ...
Hi ANChan59,
First of all thank you a lot for the advises for my kid. I have asked your option on CTY before and yesterday we started the course finally. My son loves it. To answer your point 1, I guess he loves Maths and he can also handle it with ease. Personally I hope he can master the subject BUT not take Math as professional or career. In HK, it's very difficult to use  PURE MATH knowledge, APPLIED MATH may be relatively easier. Anyway I will let him to decide. It seems to me that he knows the answer without thinking it. That will lead me to your other concern. They may jump many steps and they think it's not necessary.

His other expertise is English capability. Since he knows phonics (very impressive comments by his teacher), he knows most of the words inside a kid dictionary with around 4000 words. In fact I don't know how he memorizes things.

Unfortunately gifted education is not common in HK and sometimes principals and teachers may even have the perception that they are the "trouble makers". Yes, sometimes they act differently but they should be treated at least "equally". I remember that two months ago there was a local news mentioning a gifted child cannot find a secondary school.  

For your point 6, it's exactly what I want to know. It's very important for teachers with proper training to teach them. For GT, I know all kids will be assessed by their language, math skills, etc but not too sure for other schools.

I can't agree more on what you said "A gifted kid is a precious gift ...". In fact no matter gifted or not, a kid is a precious gift for his parents. We need to know how to nourish them.

點評

huba  &quot;no matter gifted or not, a kid is a precious gift for his parents.&quot; I feel the same and told my child that he's an angel sent to us by God.  發表於 12-2-2 17:48

20#
發表於 12-2-2 16:55 |只看該作者
回復 Aerosol_Ma 的帖子

其實你要清楚小朋友的特性來為他們選擇小學,如我沒有為囝囝選擇
DBS and CKY是因為學校比較自由,會令囝囝dup懶左,因囝囝不是自動自覺的人及太愛玩,而本身父母要俾多d資源及時間。而APS雖然很多派去男拔,但大部分係因為音樂才華,可惜小兒沒有這方面才能,所以,我沒考慮,再者男拔負責收生的副校長(教音樂)已升為校長,下位負責收生的副校長是否收大部份是音樂才華的學生還是一個迷。最後,本人選擇SFA來等待YW結果。因小朋友最重要是打好根基。
‹ 上一主題|下一主題