教育王國 討論區 國際學校 ESF 連in 都無得in!
發新帖
樓主: haydeng
go

ESF 連in 都無得in! [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 12-1-13 13:18 |顯示全部帖子
Hi All,
My girl will have a playvisit at WKS tomorrow.  Dun know why suddenly have the idea that is it good to put her to study in ESF kindergarten (before, esf is my first priority as my girl speaks english only, but I am not Cat 1).  I'm just worried, if after spending 2 years in the kindy, no promise to ESF Junior or RC directly, what can I do then as my girl cannot go to local stream?  (sigh...)

2#
發表於 12-1-13 16:12 |顯示全部帖子
回復 c200 的帖子

Hi all, don't want to pour cold water on your/our shoulder.  Why am I worried for EFS Kinder though I'll have a playvisit tomorrow with my girl tomorrow.  I had joined the school tour to RC Oct last year.  The teacher told us the no. of applicants to RC for admission to Yr 1 2012 is 3xxxx.  Though priority will be given to EFS kinder students but no guarantee for space as there are many applicants from IS like Kingston, Thinker....(sigh)

After paying school visit to WKS Kinder last week, I really like the school, their teaching method.  I just worried for p.1 space after two years.  

3#
發表於 12-1-13 23:11 |顯示全部帖子
回復 chongnicole 的帖子

Sorry, typing mistakes, applicants for 2012 is 2xxx-3xxx, RC said, a record high.  Their interviews have to be conducted in several sessions, just like other famous local schools.  But one thing is good. The school said "you will not dump $600 application fee into deep sea coz every applicant will be granted interview but may be in different times".  Priority will be given to ESF kinder but no promise for a space due to keen competition.

4#
發表於 12-1-14 12:45 |顯示全部帖子
Maybe your inf is more updated. The briefing staff told us in oct last yr. She told us not to worry if we haven't received letter for interview by Dec as there will be a few interview  sessions to be conducted in Jan. Some in early Jan, some in mid Jan 2012. She said screening is necessary-too many applicants. But of course priority for interview be given to EFS & certain international kinder (she mentioned a few names of kinder but I forgot)

5#
發表於 12-2-1 23:30 |顯示全部帖子
I didn't go to the playvisit finally due to sickness.  When I thought I'd surrender, the staff member called me to enquire if I still want to have the playvisit.  So nice.

6#
發表於 12-2-2 23:49 |顯示全部帖子
In that case, I think ESF WKS is quite serious about selection of students.  My girl did not attend the playvisit as scheduled. A few days later, the staff called me up and arranged another timeslot for me.  I was really surprised as I thought my girl would have no chance to get into ESF due to absence for playvisit.  

7#
發表於 12-2-2 23:50 |顯示全部帖子
In that case, I think ESF WKS is quite serious about selection of students.  My girl did not attend the playvisit as scheduled. A few days later, the staff called me up and arranged another timeslot for me.  I was really surprised as I thought my girl would have no chance to get into ESF due to absence for playvisit.  Though still not sure if my girl will be accepted up to the present moment, just think they are serious and their attitude is good.

8#
發表於 12-2-3 10:44 |顯示全部帖子
Sorry, not too familiar with EFS WKS.  If the 1st round is full already and some are on waitlist at the 1st round, why there is second round?  

9#
發表於 12-2-22 14:36 |顯示全部帖子
Yes, agreed.  Just wanna share with all those parents who really like their kids to study in EFS kindergarten.  I've just got a call from WKS Kindy - they offer a place for my kid.  My case is: I didn't turn up at the 1st round playvisit in Jan (forgot to call them up for absence either).  However, the school would really follow up and had arranged 2nd round playvist for me which was scheduled in early Feb,  Though I dun have much confidence for my kid (she is afraid of strangers too), I just let "faith" decide.  
Don't be disappointed.  You may try it out with WKS ESF.

10#
發表於 12-2-22 17:57 |顯示全部帖子
回復 zebramama 的帖子

Hi, zebramama.  Nice talking to you.  Will your kid study in am or pm session please?

11#
發表於 12-2-22 19:44 |顯示全部帖子
Me too, pm.

12#
發表於 12-2-29 10:00 |顯示全部帖子
回復 littleroundface 的帖子

Yes, you may try JIS.  I've heard that JIS is good too.  Last year, I'd submitted an application form to JIS for my elder kid for Y2.  The school replied that the waitlist for Y2 is a bit long, however, since I have a younger daughter (2 yrs old by that time), the staff member told me on the phone that I can try reception class for my second daughter.  She said chance is bigger.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題