發表於 04-12-6 02:17 |只看該作者

Re: 德望中學

DoReMi 媽媽.

Thank you for your information.

23#
發表於 04-12-14 14:04 |只看該作者

Hi,

Do anyone know that how many girls that GHS has interviewed ?
Is it still a good band 1 secondary school to study ?

Thanks !

Tungfung

24#
發表於 04-12-14 20:32 |只看該作者

I don't know how many applicants this year, but I know sortlisted 85 students to interview.  Finally accept 30-40 seats.

25#
發表於 04-12-17 16:04 |只看該作者

Dear 哈里波特,

Thanks for your information.  

If my daughter is lucky enough that she is offered a place by Good Hope and if I do not accept the offer, can my daughter still join the Discretion Place Process or the Central Allocation system of EMB ?

TungFung

26#
發表於 04-12-18 00:57 |只看該作者

Yes, sure.  Are you P6 parent?  Have you been taken the interview last Saturday?  

27#
發表於 04-12-20 15:14 |只看該作者

Dear 哈里波特 :

Yes.  I am a P6 parent and my daughter has attended the interview on 11 Dec 2004.  But it seemed that the interview with the parent was more comprehensive than that for the student.

Regards,
TungFung

28#
發表於 04-12-21 00:48 |只看該作者

OK 啦, 吹水我強項, 但我個女吹水唔掂, 問佢鍾意去beach or country park, she said beach & told a lot of activities in beach.  But the teacher ask "do you like country park too" she said "No, because there is a lot of grass"    其實佢一下子想不出來, 隨便答就算, 實在太唔冷靜.

29#
發表於 04-12-21 01:08 |只看該作者

哈里波特:

家長吹水駛唔駛用英文呀?
咁你覺得你囡囡 chance 大唔大呀?

希望佢一擊即中啦!
[img align=left]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/virgokaren/virgokaren_02.gif[/img]

30#
發表於 04-12-21 01:56 |只看該作者

廣東話先有發揮機會, 講英文就一聲Hi, 一聲bye. 我d Chinglish 都好勁, 再唔係扮講Spanish/Italian/German...搏佢唔識聽, 勝在敢嘗試 he..he...

緊係廣東話, 都係問日常野, 對自己個女的認識, 平日做d咩野.....之類.

Chance 一半啦.  因85人interview 當中有大約10人同校, 大部份成績好過小女. 不過可能佢地去做預習, 準備一擊即中St. Paul Co-ed / DGS 之流.  很難說, 我唔介意人棄我取, 最緊要有份參與.

31#
發表於 04-12-21 16:30 |只看該作者

Dear 哈里波特 :

However, is GHS still a good secondary school to study?  As seen from her web page, the HKCEE and HKAL results are not so good as her name.  Only around 30% of A-C on average.

In fact, some schools in Homantin, the average A-C percertage is around 50% and those in so-called district famous schools can be up to 70%!

I wonder whether I should accept GHS's offer if my daughter is so lucky enough.

TungFung

32#
發表於 04-12-21 19:47 |只看該作者

I agreed.  But I'm not familiar with your district, we are in Yau Tsim Mong.  I know some of them are better than GHS, such as Maryknol, 協恩, how about the rest, can you quote some example?

Although I'm sure my daughter is band 1 student, I don't want play lucky draw.  I agreed some of the famous schools are better than GHS, but their requirement are comparative higher than GHS.  I never hear a student who confirm to get a place in round 1, it's really difficult.

I have a niece, I always quote her as she is the best in our family tree, she continued got #1 in the form from P1-P6, she takes St. Paul Co-ed.  At that time, she choose St. Paul Convent in 1 round.  But somehow they didn't want to wait, St. Paul Co-ed just gave them 2 days for confirmation.  

I don't know what will be happen, I'm not sure even GHS accept my daughter & I will take or not.  Take it easy, I do all to my daughter, and the rest pass it to the god.  

33#
發表於 04-12-22 16:42 |只看該作者

According to their school report 2003-2004, over 50% got A-C.

34#
發表於 04-12-22 18:10 |只看該作者

Perhaps you can look at the school curriculum to see if GH will be a school that suits your daughter.

1.  For English lessons, they have grouped their students according to their levels.  E.g.  They have five F. 1 classes but have 14 English groups.  Girls with good examination marks can be promoted let says from Group 8 to Group 5.

2.  For Chinese and Chinese History, lessons are conducted in Mandarin.

3.  They do not have History, Geography and EPA under their new curriculum for F. 1 & 2.  Instead they have a subject called Intergrated Humanities.   They have to do a lot of projects, other than having exam.

Hope this helps.

35#
發表於 04-12-22 22:22 |只看該作者

Hi chungmingbaby,

Do you have daughters/friends studying in GHS?  Your info is really helpful, I like small group learning English & I like project base assignment instead of Exam.  I have told the interviewer, my daughter's strength is doing project.  She likes, but she puts too much time there.  She learns a lot while doing project as children are easy to be influence by peers.

I'm not sure my daughter can get a place in GHS or not?  But I need to consider deeply which school is suitable for her in advance.

Hope all children can go to their dream school.

Cheers,

36#
發表於 04-12-22 22:26 |只看該作者

哈里波特:
恭祝哈里囡囡入到德望!
並祝哈家闔府聖誕快樂!

37#
發表於 04-12-23 10:47 |只看該作者

My daughter is studying at GHS.  Actually there are 6 F.1 Classes.  For Chinese and Maths, there are 12 classes whilst English has 16 classes which your daughter is required to sit for an exam to classification.

For Scienceand Integrated Humanities, appro. 30% of exam marks are on projects which I believe your daughter would like very much.

Not too many homework to do, most girls enjoy their school lives.  

38#
發表於 04-12-23 10:49 |只看該作者

Hi 哈里波特,

My daughter is now studing in GH.  They have small class teaching in Chinese, English and Maths - around 20 students in one group.  They don't have that many textbooks as compared to the other secondary schools.  The school will prepare their own handouts.  

My feeling is that the school has an aim of strengthening the students' language abilities (both Chinese - written and spoken Mandarin and English) and also training thier logical thinking in their junior secondary forms rather than acquired some factal knowledge which they will probaly learn it later in their senior forms.  

Cheers

39#
發表於 04-12-23 14:22 |只看該作者

Which class your daughter is studying.  My daughter is in F. 1E.

40#
發表於 04-12-23 23:33 |只看該作者

Hi, it's really nice.  Can find 2 parents here.  In fact, I know nothing about this schoool besides have a look on GHS web-site.  After reading both of your message, I like this school much.  May I ask more questions about this school?

1) Besides school fee, any additional fee needed to be paid such as annual donation, misc. fee...., as so long time ago, when my daugher was applying P1, someone said that the application form need to write down how much you intended to donated each year.

2) Any extra-cirr your daughter joined? Is it the tutor fee / coach fee is high?  How much?

Please share or if you don't want to share here, can you PM me.

Thanks a lot.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題