用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 有無BB想下年9月報將軍澳區的pre-nusery?大家傾吓好唔好 ...
發新帖
樓主: cecilia_cms
go

有無BB想下年9月報將軍澳區的pre-nusery?大家傾吓好唔好? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-8-16 18:12 |顯示全部帖子
o tedghost you live in TKO? Good to see you here too.
10年3月 is classified as 大仔 too. My boy is 0901.
Let me share my experience, I live in TKL. I put my son 插班 pn in Box Hill Metro Town in March. Be frank, Box Hill exceeds my expectation. If you don't mind it is not very spacious and lacking of outdoor playground, I would say Box Hill is actually quite a good choice in TKO especially for those TKL parents. I also put my son in their summer course which just ended on Aug 5. My son has had a great time there. I hope he won't miss Box Hill too much later when he goes to the new school...

If you b is 1003 that means you will start apply pn this year.
原帖由 tedghost 於 11-8-16 17:31 發表
我BB係10年3月,屬唔屬於大仔?

2#
發表於 11-8-17 19:01 |顯示全部帖子
To me, whether it will be easily get sick is not a consideration. Put it this way, it is natural for a child to build his/her immune system. And in my case luckily my son is doing fine since he started N1. As far as I remember he didn't get sick in the first month. Of course he did get sick in the past few months.
I do think it is good to put kid in N1. My rationale to put my son 插班 to start even earlier is to train up his independence and social skills. And I hope he will get use to the school setting in Mar to Aug so that he will be easier to get in the new school environment in Sep.
原帖由 tedghost 於 11-8-16 22:48 發表

o...you start N1 since March? Will he get sick easily? People told me children get sick easily in N1, even some of my friend did not put their children in N1, but I consider in LH's Eng/PTH class in  ...

3#
發表於 11-8-17 19:10 |顯示全部帖子
oo your girl in 3 hours class in summer course? If was the case may be your girl and my son were classmate. My son was in Lizard class for first 2 weeks then Cheetah class for three weeks after.
Box Hill TKO tuition fee was $4600/mth, that's all. No other fees. As I live in TKL so there is no transportation cost and that's why I said it is a good choice for TKL parents.
原帖由 teresa_timothy 於 11-8-16 23:27 發表
My girl also joined the summer course at Boxhill this summer until aug 5. She did hv an enjoyable time and learnt a lot. She also attended its play group before attending school in LH. I think the Eng ...

4#
發表於 11-8-18 12:07 |顯示全部帖子
Then my son and your girl are classmates :) May be we met before, I brought him to school everyday.
原帖由 teresa_timothy 於 11-8-18 00:08 發表

Ooo, my girl joined the Cheetah class for three weeks, from July 18 to Aug 5, and the teacher was ms Amanda. I live near Boxhill so it is a choice for me to send my kids for play group or summer cour ...

5#
發表於 11-8-19 19:15 |顯示全部帖子
Hi snoopymom - you boy is 0901 too? You live in OS or MT? I live in OS, if you are living in OS I probably met your son b4 or we know each other....haha!
If your son is in Bunny A the class teacher should be Angelica right? She is NET with blonde hair and she is very very nice and good.
My son will go to HKPS (Kln Tong) in Sep therefore he is not with Box Hill now. But I have to say that Box Hill is a good choice in TKO. If he does not have an offer from HKPS, I will let him continue to be in Box Hill for sure, at least for PN.
原帖由 snoopymom 於 11-8-18 20:32 發表
Hi, Angine,

My son is 0901 too, and I live in TKL and my son just started her N1 class at Boxhill too! Which class is your son at? My son is at Bunny A class! Before my impression to Boxhill is just ...

6#
發表於 11-8-23 19:19 |顯示全部帖子
For 翠茵 according to last year situation as long as you are early enough to hand in the form, your kid must be accepted. Last year the two campuses' application date were the same so you may need help to hand in both. Last year I went to Hang Hau campus first then Po Lam on that morning and still could make both. Not sure this year will it be more people.

However, my son's Box Hill classmate attended Po Lam 翠茵 in Aug (the father said want to try other school curriculum see which is better). After trial the mother told me Box Hill is much better so they will switch back...
原帖由 TKO_NANA 於 11-8-23 17:11 發表
Thanks so much for your detailed information for interview.

yes,2間翠茵我都會報,如果考唔到LH同KM,我既2nd choice一定係翠茵,因為近我屋企,同評價都可以,我另外揀咗藍田Think打底,我諗緊好唔好報埋德寶同藍田 ...

7#
發表於 11-8-24 18:09 |顯示全部帖子
My friend said Box Hill is more systematic and the teachers are more involved. She was with her girl a few days in GV she said all they were doing was free play time. And the teacher didn't talk and communicate with the children much. She also said the ee are not as kind as Box Hill's ee. The most unwanted thing according to her was they gave candies to the kid everyday, and they have snack such as chocolate cake. Well I think once a while chocolate cake is acceptable but candies everyday definitely not good.
For my experience, my son tried GV Po Lam PG for one month in last year Sep and I didn't like that. So I gave up the offers from both GV campuses.
原帖由 coco209 於 11-8-24 10:30 發表
Can you share how difference between Greenville and Boxhill?
Thanks in advance

8#
發表於 11-8-25 18:14 |顯示全部帖子
Yes. The girl is my son's classmate before. Hey in your case no need to think lah....
原帖由 cycream 於 11-8-24 18:30 發表

You know one more person whose kid studied in GV?  If so, I definately will give up GV & apply boxhill.

9#
發表於 11-8-25 19:25 |顯示全部帖子
Hi TKO_NANA - I actually applied 10 N1 for my son, most of them are more for interview practices for the most wanted one in KLN Tong. I checked the interview timing of the KGs I applied to make sure my son could try some before the one I targeted. Of course those I applied also are quite ok to serve as back-ups if needed.
2間翠茵, Greenfield and Boxhill accepted my son for 插班 in Mar. And you are right Box Hill is the most convenient one to me. At that time I wanted to choose one which provide good language environment close to the level of the KG my son will attend in Sep, and I picked Box Hill. My son has had a great time in the past 5 months at Box Hill. Well I hope he can quickly adapt to the new KG in Sep...hope he won't yell for going back to Box Hill...
From my research and experience, for TKO mamas want to put kids in TKO for N1, as cy_cream said,  翠茵, 德寶 are same type, apply either one is good enough. Lam Tin Creative is the earliest one for interview (from my list last year) and their interview did serve a good trial. 翠茵 interviews are fun also serve good trial. Lam Tin Think interview plus school visit is also a good training for kid. And all these KGs were having interviews earlier than LH. It is a good idea to apply a few more for back-ups and practices purpose.
For TKL mamas, I would highly recommend Box Hill.
If not just aiming at TKO, of course HKPS and KM in Kln Tong. Coming year should be St Cat pn in HH as well.
原帖由 TKO_NANA 於 11-8-25 16:58 發表
Thanks Angine^^ 睇完你朋友attend完翠茵的分享,令我對翠茵有點卻步,不過從另一方面諗,上年你都同時報讀了2間翠茵同Boxhill,3間幼稚園其實你個仔都未有attend過,finally,你選擇了Boxhill,是因為較近你屋企?(如不對, ...

10#
發表於 11-8-26 15:16 |顯示全部帖子
If you mean Greenfield (綠茵), last year they don't have an centralized official interview date, just a causal chat after handing in the form. For the 2 Greenville (翠茵) their interview date should be Nov last year. For Lam Tin Think should be Dec.
For Box Hill my son didn't interview as he participated their PG before so no need for interview.
And people said Lam Tin Lang Liang interview is fun too, need kids to sing and play. I applied but didn't go therefore no first hand info.
原帖由 TKO_NANA 於 11-8-26 15:02 發表
As the purpose for interview practices, I agree the interview timing is an most important factor to choose the back-up PN. 2 Greenfield KG's are good for me since both interview held between Oct - Nov ...

11#
發表於 11-9-1 16:02 |顯示全部帖子

回復 2# 寶寶龍 的帖子

If you only target PNs in TKO you may not need to worry too much. Check the earlier posts of this topic you can learn about the application dates/process of last year. At least I believe you can get a place in Daborath even your girl was born in end-Aug.
But if you also target PN in Kln Tong that's another story.
For Boxhill, I believe they would offer to your girl. They won't be full house at the beginning of the year according to last year experience. My son can 插班 in this year Mar morning class.
So don't be too worry. Point is whether you just target PNs in TKO or Kln Tong as well.

12#
發表於 11-9-5 19:16 |顯示全部帖子

回復 3# cclmami 的帖子

Last year $4600. No other fees on top.

13#
發表於 11-9-14 14:07 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# TKO_NANA 的帖子

woww...then this year really more babies in TKO. Last year I have time to go to both GV campus and still got AM class for both.
There should be many parents treat GV as back up (like me last year :p). So don't worry for now. Good luck!!

14#
發表於 11-9-14 15:28 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 1# TKO_NANA 的文章

Yes, Think收form果日要排隊 as well. But for Think you need not to go early. They give offer depends on interview performance. I remember last year application day of Think was a sunny Saturday, I was there at should be 12:30 (they should be closed at 1pm). Queue there for 30 mins already sweat like after shower......
Good luck!

15#
發表於 11-9-14 20:18 |顯示全部帖子
For Boxhill, English is the key medium, last year they have PTH lesson on Mon, Wed, Fri; while Cantonese lesson on Tue, Thur. Not sure if this year they have increase the frequency of PTH lesson as they did ask parents' opinion last year.

As I shared before, depending on your home location and if you live in TKL station I would say Boxhill is a good choice.

Yes Think pn is Cantonese. Not sure if you think they have direct linkage primary school is an advantage or not. In recent months seems they have many negative news...

原帖由 amphen 於 11-9-14 16:14 發表
我想問吓boxhill 的pn 係咪主要係英文? 有冇pth?
之前有家長share 綠茵係英文+ 少少pth, 令到我覺得吸引咗好多, 即刻交埋form .
因為think 我見pn 主要用廣東話, 諗緊報唔報… think有其他優勢嗎? ...

16#
發表於 11-9-14 20:24 |顯示全部帖子
Both 翠茵 need to interview and in fact last year both interviews were quite serious I would say. Like TKO_NANA said for last year it was 先到先揀班 depending on how early you hand in the form on the application date. I am not sure this year as there are more applications.

17#
發表於 11-9-15 16:04 |顯示全部帖子

回復 1# amphen 的帖子

Yes when my son attended Boxhill PG the experience was not very good due to the fact that the teacher was a temp. staff (they just newly opened). Then came to the last lesson they changed the teacher who is from another branch and she is very good and still teaching there. However, I won't suggest joining Boxhill PG as the price is really quite expensive.  
They should have place for your kid in Mar/Apr like my son did in this year Mar. Good Luck!

18#
發表於 11-9-15 23:04 |顯示全部帖子
Dear amphen,

I see. Don't worry, if your BB is their PG student I am sure they will offer you a place.
Yes you do need to let your B attend some interviews before your really targeted one. Your BB is still young, you know what they will suddenly grow so fast. And from every interview you will be surprised how smart is your BB! You thought they don't know it but they do!! It is an amazing experience. Just don't give much pressure to yourself and BB of course. Remember to treat every interview as a game to your BB.
So your B is a big B born in Jan/Feb right as you said you want to put him/her earlier in PN in Mar/Apr? Big B do have the advantage. So don't worry too much!
Let me know if you have any qs. I will try my best to help out. May be we are neighbours :)

原帖由 amphen 於 11-9-15 17:14 發表
I enroll their playgroup becoz I hope that my bb will adapt to PN easier and quicker in a familiar environment, and wanna secure a PN offer (although i know the interview matters).

As my bb needs a v ...

19#
發表於 11-9-16 16:17 |顯示全部帖子
The situation of last year was: first talk about 翠茵, last year if you got an early number of application then you will have guarantee of morning class. If application of later number they still can guarantee a place but just that couldn't guarantee morning class or full-day class (as quite many people apply full-day class). Interview was just a procedure (last year their staff said that way). I believe so because last year right after the interview they asked parent to pay the registration fee immediately. Some parents would pay that so no need to go again. Some wouldn't (like me). Then would receive offer letter said to register on specific date.
For 綠茵, not as many as people apply when compare with 翠茵. So again, must accept, those early applicants again would get morning class/full day class.
However for this year, I am not sure if still the case for both 翠茵 and 綠茵 given it seems more people apply this year.

[ 本帖最後由 Angine 於 11-9-16 16:18 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 11-9-16 16:47 |顯示全部帖子
Dear amphen,

O yes I live in OS so we are neighbours! Nice to meet you.
Good move to put your girl in pn earlier. So in your case April can be done. And then you can enroll their summer course. I would say that would help your gal to quickly adapt to pn in coming Sep no matter she will or won't stay in the same school. I guess you read my son is a 0901 boy and I put him in pn in Mar (not Feb just because there were CNY in Feb so not economical :p). I personally think Boxhill helps my boy to become more mature. And he adapt to the new school really quick in Sep. And the toilet training was done during the time at Boxhill which is also good I think.
SPN of course must apply for girls. Would you also consider Sacred Heart, though quite far from us.
You can also consider SC, should be a good choice too. In my opinion you can also apply Think. It is also a good rehearsal before HKPS interview. For LH, I applied too but we didn't go to interview as we got HKPS offer already by that time. I would say LH would be a good back up but I suggest you to think thru which campus you would go for.
HKPS interview will be on Dec 3, probably 4th as well. And the application details are in website already.
Good luck!! Let me know if any qs.

原帖由 amphen 於 11-9-16 12:10 發表

Dear Angine,

If I recall correctly from your other posts, you live in OS, right? me too ah~~ nice to meet you! My gal is 1003 bb, i dun want her spending too much time with the helper at home, so i ...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題