用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 資優教育 Where're I can find the "Gifted" test, please ...
發新帖
查看: 2689|回覆: 10
go

Where're I can find the "Gifted" test, please [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 04-12-1 13:09 |只看該作者

Where're I can find the "Gifted" test, please

Please advise some place for my girls to do this test!

2#
發表於 04-12-5 23:49 |只看該作者

Where're I can find the "Gifted" test, please

Hi Michelle Chen

You can try to contact Tel: 249 333 50
wed sit: www.fla-net.com

It around two thousand some things for testing "Gifted"

In one year before I have paid the testing fee but my daughter too young (3years old). She don't want leave along in a place. Therefore I gave up this test.

How old you daughter? Pls. also considerate this point.

Josephine

Josephine
希望我的孩子茁壯成長

3#
發表於 04-12-6 00:30 |只看該作者

Re: Where're I can find the "Gifted" test, please

As an educational psychologist, I don't recommend kids be tested before the age of 5, unless it's really necessary (e.g. suspected mental handicap or have huge difficulty adjusting to the classroom because of learning too fast). Starting from 5 they will be ready for the Wechsler which is relatively more comprehensive and be compared with other HK kids.

BTW professionally I have strong reservation with the website suggested by josephine1818 (www.fla-net.com). That so-called 會長 is even not a qualified psychologist though he claimed himself to be one...which is very unethical :evil:

Try 智能測驗 in your internet search and you'll have better luck.

4#
發表於 04-12-6 01:00 |只看該作者

Dr.T,

How can I verify the qualification of them?   

I am quite confused as some tutors of different interest groups/learning centres suggest me to take IQ test for my kids while the charge is something $3000-10000. It seems like a business and is a must for every kid.

I notice an educational psychologist named Pang Chi Wah on a parental magazine? Any comments? Actually, how many qualified educational psychologists in H.K.?  

5#
發表於 04-12-6 01:29 |只看該作者

oil 寫道:
Dr.T,
1. ...suggest me to take IQ test for my kids while the charge is something $3000-10000. It seems like a business and is a must for every kid.
2. I notice an educational psychologist named  P...

1. $10000??? If it's the case then I only need to work one day only every single month : Well I'd recommend parents have their kids tested around the age of 5/6 so that they can decide what kind of school is suitable to them. Yet it'll never be a must if you feel that you know you kid good enough and do not need objective opinion. Regarding the price range it should be around $2000+ to $5000, depending on whether you need a detailed report and the psychologist's experience. A qualified psychologist should be registered with a professional body, such as the American Psychological Association, British Psychological Society or HK Psychological Society. I understand that that T會長is NOT a registered member of any of them and he got the nerve to call himself a psychologist on TV...

2. Well all I can say is according to my knowledge there're only 2 active private practising EPs in HK. Others are either working in the govt/NGO or teaching in the universities. Do an internet serach and you'll find more names.

6#
發表於 04-12-7 00:35 |只看該作者

Dear All

I just give some advice which I hear or I know. Anyway If like Dr. T worte he had goods recommendation  

Sorry................

jc     
希望我的孩子茁壯成長

7#
發表於 04-12-7 16:20 |只看該作者

Dear Josephine 1818,

My daughter now 7 year's old! I found one of the centre do the test around $3800 to get a details report. The things is if incase she is the one "gifted" so what I can do with her???
About the hk education, they're not really care about those group of "gifted"!
So I gave up the test!

8#
發表於 04-12-7 21:51 |只看該作者

Michelle

pls. check PM

Josephine
希望我的孩子茁壯成長

9#
發表於 04-12-15 15:28 |只看該作者

My son took an internationally-recognized IQ test two months ago at 'Fullife' for $2,500 and results proved that he was a gifted child. The test was conducted by a registered clinical psychologist. More important, the strenghts and weaknesses were analyzed so that we as parents gained insight into further development of the child. You can find more information from their website http://fullife.com.hk/

10#
發表於 04-12-23 00:42 |只看該作者

I think when you spend more time with your own child and pay more attention to your child, you will find out what their gifts are naturally.
:-P Love is from God :-P

11#
發表於 05-1-4 21:39 |只看該作者

Dear Josephine,

Do you know any Gov. organization can supply testing (cost cheaper)?
‹ 上一主題|下一主題