搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 有關ESF,請指教。
發新帖
查看: 7061|回覆: 5
go

有關ESF,請指教。 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 11-2-8 11:00 |顯示全部帖子
2007 children should apply in September.  It should be noted that the primary schools would be very oversubscribed.

PIS schools have to admit at least 50% children of local HK residents, you may have a better chance with PIS schools.

All fees are listed on their website.  As a matter of fact, all international schools list their tuition fees and debentures on their website.  You can check there.  For ESF: www.esf.edu.hk

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 11-2-8 11:02 編輯 ]

2#
發表於 11-2-9 16:46 |顯示全部帖子
If you are in Cat 2 and your child is not in one of the ESF kindergarten, your chances of getting into BHS and KJS is near 0.  You really would have a better chance in getting into Renaissance.  There are schoolbuses running all over Kowloon to Renaissance.

3#
發表於 11-2-10 09:02 |顯示全部帖子
By the sound of it, it's even worse than last year!

Being in an ESF kindy only gives priority with interview, but not guarantee a place.

konimama, I wouldn't worry too much about not getting a seat in the ESF system.  You will probably get one in the 3rd or 4th round.  Frances is usually pretty good at helping families out.  However, it may not be SJS.

4#
發表於 11-2-11 09:32 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 konimama 於 11-2-10 09:26 發表
Thanks lottieclee,
Frances is on leave, she won't be back after July.
I don't mind if they can offer any place in any ESF school.
However, learnt from a parent, her son had no offer last year. Finally ...

I know Frances is on leave but I thought she said she is coming back after Easter, I don't know whether Alex can help you.  But like other parents say, talk to your class teacher.

I have known at least 2 Cat 1 students who has been asked to repeat K2 in ESF because they don't think his social skills were mature enough to be in P1.  So repeating K2 doesn't apply to Cat 2 students only.

[ 本帖最後由 lottieclee 於 11-2-11 09:41 編輯 ]

5#
發表於 11-2-11 09:34 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 可愛小肥媽 於 11-2-10 09:12 發表
Hi Lottieclee,

You means that we can get a place in other ESF primary out of the zone we are living?

Yes.. from what I have heard, towards the beginning of the school year, they start offering seats to children who are out of the catchment area.

6#
發表於 11-2-11 09:39 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 Hylda 於 11-2-10 12:23 發表

Thank you 可愛小肥媽 !!

Do you know why KJS is easier to get in? Is it because kids in BHS have better conduct.

We will very likely choose esf kinddy esp after your advice.  

The competition between KJS and BHS depends on how many cat 1 applicants they get in each school every year.  There are more seats available in KJS P1 than BHS P1, making it easier to get in sometimes. It doesn't really matter which school they go to, students from both school end up in KGV for secondary anyways.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題