搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 Kingston interview
樓主: annievong
go

Kingston interview [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 11-1-11 23:47 |只看該作者
Thanks Koeda!
Actually, I don't know much for this school. I visited this school once for picking up the application form, so impressive that kids can talk in English/Putonghua so fluent. Why cannot learn a lot there? Too simple?? I wish my girl could have happy school life; but as a mom, I still want that she can learn more.

22#
發表於 11-1-12 11:43 |只看該作者
My girl (08 Dec) is now studying in the playgroup class, we submitted the application when she was 6 months old (09 Jun), if my memory is correct, we were called to interview around 2010 Feb/March, i.e. my girl is 1 year 2-3 months old.

We have no relationship with the School as my girl is our 1st kid.  I guess the time to call for interview is purely based on first-come-first-serve!

We are asked to pay the deposit for 2 year class (deadline was last friday), so i guess very soon, the School will start to contact those on queue for 2 year class as some seats must free-up!

Maybe due to my girl is older one in class, so to her, the teachings are a bit too simple for her.  But we noted that she really enjoys the time with the teachers and remember some of the songs learnt from School and will sing to us at home.

Hope to see more Kingston parent sharing here...seems very few Kingston threads in the BK forum.

23#
發表於 11-1-12 13:23 |只看該作者
Agreed with bbgrass; we have no relationship with the School, and my girl is our 1st kid as well.  I submitted the application when my girl was 3months old. I believe, our interview is really based on 1st-come-1st-serve.

bbgrass,
would you please let me know a bit more for the interview details? Many thanks.

24#
發表於 11-1-12 14:32 |只看該作者
The interview is not an interview at all, just a school visit + discussion with a programme director (i forget exactly her post), and of course the payment of registration fee

During the discussion, the staff will tell u more about Kingston's education mission and the path, u r welcomed to express your concern or raise any questions.  Towards the end of the discussion, your baby would be invited to play some toys (dont worry, they'e all very simple toys and parent can assist, without really wanting to test your baby at all).  At the end the staff will confirm your offer of am or pm class and formal acceptance will be sent to you the next week.

原帖由 nys262 於 11-1-12 13:23 發表
Agreed with bbgrass; we have no relationship with the School, and my girl is our 1st kid as well.  I submitted the application when my girl was 3months old. I believe, our interview is really based on ...

25#
發表於 11-1-12 14:41 |只看該作者
same as the other mom, my son is relatively big in the class.  The teaching is kind of too simple & they don't repeat the content often.  (ex.  they may only teach triangle in one class & no repeat for the nxt class).  Also, they may not have teaching content in every class.  However, they will repeat the songs & activities for several mths.  Well, there's no surprise in the class & u will know what to sing & do nxt in the class.  

Well, in my opinion, the circle time is relatively too short (8min for each section) & the free time is too much.  However, the teacher said it is becoz children's is unable to concentrate for too long & so 8 min is enough.  In that case, why they make the class for 2.5 hr long.

26#
發表於 11-1-12 14:50 |只看該作者
Koeda,

I agree with u that the free time is too long esp the class has been run for half year already and that most kids are elder and should be capable to have more circle time or more group activities (at least).  I plan to discuss this matter with the teachers in the Parents-Teacher meeting next week!

is your kid also in playgroup class or elder class already?

27#
發表於 11-1-12 17:18 |只看該作者
OIC, my girl is (big girl) also.

BTW, interview is in English/Putonghua/Cantonese? Because my hubby is a CBC, he's so worry that if he cannot speak in English.

28#
發表於 11-1-12 22:54 |只看該作者
bbgrass, my boy is still in 1 year old class.  Will ur child stay in Kingston for 2 year old class?

29#
發表於 11-1-13 17:11 |只看該作者
As far as i remember, the interview is purely Cantonese :p  but i guess the staff will speak for whatever language you preferred, dont worry.

原帖由 nys262 於 11-1-12 17:18 發表
OIC, my girl is (big girl) also.

BTW, interview is in English/Putonghua/Cantonese? Because my hubby is a CBC, he's so worry that if he cannot speak in English.

30#
發表於 11-1-13 17:13 |只看該作者
Koeda,

yes yes, we have paid the deposit for 2-year class.  How about you?

is your boy in morning or afternoon class?

31#
發表於 11-1-13 23:48 |只看該作者
Koeda & bbgrass,

Thank you so much!
I'm looking forward to be Kingston parent.

32#
發表於 11-1-14 04:08 |只看該作者

回覆 5# annievong 的文章

我係外籍老師,in英文!

33#
發表於 11-1-14 04:20 |只看該作者
佢哋一歲班出咗名少位難入,如果有姐姐哥哥讀緊,好多媽媽大肚時已經幫埋肚細嗰個報定名,但都唔保證必收,咁咪係佢學校犀利嘅地方!

34#
發表於 11-1-14 04:56 |只看該作者
請問每 級有幾多班呢?

35#
發表於 11-1-14 07:50 |只看該作者
Dear Ma Ma,

I really enconter the probelm.
Luckily, I got the HKPS pm offer and Kingston pm offer both. Which one should i choose ?

I have not make up my mind that my girl go to international or local school.

Pls kindly comment

Thx a lot !

36#
發表於 11-1-14 17:39 |只看該作者
Dear nys262,

there are only 4 playgroup class, 2 morning (2 days / 3 days) each class is max 16 babies.  So that means only 64 babies are lucky enough to study in Kingston.  But...there is some babies quitting during the year ^o^

37#
發表於 11-1-14 17:43 |只看該作者
hello1972.

both HKPS and Kingston are good schools!  it really depends on which one you preferred.  

perhaps u spend some time in understanding the schools' curriculum, the path..and if you have time, try to spend some time in watching the kids going to each school to feel yourself ^o^

38#
發表於 11-1-14 18:27 |只看該作者
Many thanks bbgrass!
I'm really looking forward to say hi to you when I bring my kid to school in the coming Aug....But the fact is, I still didn't attend the interview yet.... hahahahaha

39#
發表於 11-1-14 18:36 |只看該作者
hello1972,

In my case, I prefer Kingston because of:

1. lowest teacher/student ratio, teachers can really have enough time to observe & guide every single student.

2. we sure that will let our kid study in canada after grade 9/10, so international school is suitable for us.

40#
發表於 11-1-15 07:22 |只看該作者
Hi bbgrass and nys262,

Thank you for your opinions.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題