用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖士提反書院附屬小學 四大天王: 東男拔, 西女拔, 南聖小, 北保羅 ...
樓主: PhdJessiema
go

四大天王: 東男拔, 西女拔, 南聖小, 北保羅 [複製鏈接]

181#
發表於 10-11-11 21:54 |只看該作者
Here's the consolidated stats about number of outstanding students (尖子 who got 6As or more) in 2010 borrowed from the "升中派位" forum:

St Paul Co-ed: 33 (2009: 24)
La Salle: 30 (2009: 29)
Queen's: 24 (2009: 18)
DBS: 21 (2009: 26)
Lam Woo: 20 (2009: 11)
DGS: 18 (2009: 20)
SJC: 18 (2009: 12)
King's: 17 (2009: 4)
BPS: 15 (2009: 10)
St. Mary: 12 (2009: ??)
Maryknoll: ?? (2009: 23)

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-11-11 21:34 發表
[quote]原帖由 siufu 於 10-11-11 21:27 發表 http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/images/common/back.gif
I think you need to do more research on the HKCEE trend before making this statement. (Yes I will. )

La  ...

182#
發表於 10-11-12 01:56 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

183#
發表於 10-11-12 09:15 |只看該作者

184#
發表於 10-11-12 12:26 |只看該作者
四大天王:   
南聖小
北元岗
東臻美 …. 可惜接咗
西鮮魚

我感覺鮮魚行有教無類的精神最可取!

185#
發表於 10-11-12 12:58 |只看該作者

回復 184# YimhYimh 的帖子

Geographically make sense.

186#
發表於 10-11-12 13:33 |只看該作者

回復 2# YimhYimh 的帖子

乜得你咁抵死, 不過我…………鍾意!:;pppp:

187#
發表於 10-11-12 13:42 |只看該作者

回復 3# PhdJessiema 的帖子

We are living in an extremely competitive capitalist society in Hong Kong. Competition is a natural and necessary part of our lives. School is the miniature of the society. Learning effective skills to compete with others and cope with stress at the early age will help them a lot when they grow up.

It appears that you playdown the importance of hardwork and academic success. It is true that there is no guarantee that a student with top academic result will succeed in their life. However in my generation, most top students within my circle are now leading a very comfortable and financially independent life. The typical career paths for those top students are doctors, lawyers, university professors, senior government officials, investment bankers, senior corporate executives or school teachers. Some have even become successful entrepreneurs or billionaires. They are not only smart people, but also carry a “winning” mentality” cherishing the importance of hardwork. One person I know of always says: to succeed in your career you have to make 200% efforts!

If you don’t like the local universities, you should also be aware that the scramble for top US and UK universities are also extremely competitive nowadays. Though those schools will look at students’ individuality whether they can make a difference to their community, their most critical admission criterion is still their academic performance. So your academic result must pass a certain threshold.

After passing the threshold, extra efforts on the academic side may not be justified especially when the improvement is only marginal. For instance, it makes no difference whether you attain 6A or 10A in the HKCEE exams as with 6A you can go to any top local university to study in any popular majors. So students should save their extra efforts and divert their attention to develop other competencies.

In addition to academics, school should also side aside resources for students to develop skills like teamwork, leadership, presentation and creativity. But those dimensions are far harder to measure and nurture at the young age. There is still plenty of room for students to develop those skills after getting into universities.

In a nutshell, academic success is the key at the primary and secondary school!

188#
發表於 10-11-12 13:44 |只看該作者

回復 4# YimhYimh 的帖子

189#
發表於 10-11-12 14:01 |只看該作者

回復 183# Y2KChild 的帖子

190#
發表於 10-11-12 14:05 |只看該作者

回復 184# YimhYimh 的帖子

191#
發表於 10-11-12 14:09 |只看該作者

192#
發表於 10-11-12 14:23 |只看該作者
Based on the stat...
...尖子 who got 6As or more in 2010
St Paul Co-ed: 33 (2009: 24)
La Salle: 30 (2009: 29)
Queen's: 24 (2009: 18)
DBS: 21 (2009: 26)
Lam Woo: 20 (2009: 11)
DGS: 18 (2009: 20)
SJC: 18 (2009: 12)
King's: 17 (2009: 4)
BPS: 15 (2009: 10)
St. Mary: 12 (2009: ??)
Maryknoll: ?? (2009: 23)

加返 Maryknoll, Marymount, St Mary and LS 做天王天后 就差唔多齊人, 因St Stephen成交唔係十大,要踼出恒生(小學)指數 replace by St Joseph.(因 Queens, Lam Woo, King's and BPS 沒有小學,所以無得count.)

[ 本帖最後由 InitialD 於 10-11-12 14:36 編輯 ]

193#
發表於 10-11-12 14:44 |只看該作者

194#
發表於 10-11-12 15:10 |只看該作者

回復 1# PhdJessiema 的帖子

In  JP Morgan Index (by Sports), this is very similar to previous index: DBS, DGS, St Mary, MaryKnoll, Mary Mount, SJPS, LSPS and Heep Yun. Still cannot count count those OTC stock  in this Index...

[ 本帖最後由 InitialD 於 10-11-12 15:11 編輯 ]

195#
發表於 10-11-12 15:18 |只看該作者

196#
發表於 10-11-12 15:19 |只看該作者

回復 5# PhdJessiema 的帖子

我覺得你分人都幾無禮貌.....我亦唔覺你會教得好你既小朋友 low...

197#
發表於 10-11-12 15:31 |只看該作者
You knew the change of interview procedure did not make you unique.  In deed, there were so many people involved the new procedure who might knew the details weeks ago, eg., PTA helpers, teachers and student helpers.  Your information might come from anyone of them.

The school was not suprised at how you could predict the new interview arrangement but really disappointed with the source of information leak.

You intent to build up yourself as a professional of famous school in this forum.  In fact, you provided false admission data in the DGJS topic to make your analysis more reliable and tried to prove you are always right.  As we know, extremely arrogant reveals the self-inferiority hidden behind.

I am afarid that you may have multiple personality symtom. Have you talked to yourself in front of the mirror at midnight and woke up as another person in the next morning?

You told parents how to get a place in famous school. Later, you blame those schools could not provide happy school life for the children. If the life in famous school is so bad and you are really a love and care person, what are the reasons behind to help those parents pushing their children into the abyss?

When you found not many people care about your previous topics, you started another controversial topic again. You just like a kid who seeks for the attention from parents.

You may also have the illusion of persecution. You always think that someone is trying to eliminate your topics or some people try to stop you from disclosing valuable information because of the commerical interest.  You may familiar with the tutorial centre and know few old girls whose daughters were admitted to DGJS.  However, there are still many successful applicants out there who did not have a old girl mother, who did not born in priviate hospital, who did not live in luxury apartment, who did not use the original application form, who did not take the photo in studio and who did not make any donation to the school.

原帖由 PhdJessiema 於 10-11-11 21:16 發表
Thanks for your appreciation. See. Parents here need to analyse my posts. They are smart.

Why my posts need to do analysis?

It's just because all those ideas are brand-new and very useful.

Don't b ...

[ 本帖最後由 k.kung 於 10-11-12 16:39 編輯 ]

198#
發表於 10-11-12 15:38 |只看該作者

回復 1# k.kung 的帖子

《經濟通通訊社專訊》聖小(電訊盈科00008)已大幅下挫,今再跌4%至2﹒48元

[ 本帖最後由 InitialD 於 10-11-12 15:55 編輯 ]

199#
發表於 10-11-12 17:17 |只看該作者
I choose Ying Wa as the best primary school for my son as I believe it has the most potential to be the next Apple/Google.

I think Ms Lam is the best CEO at the moment judging from her track record and her vision/teaching enthusiam.  I based this mainly on my observation on the interview process/arrangement, admission seminar and all the information in the public and my personal experience.  

I need a school who can help me teach my son to be a fine gentlemen with integrity and can explore the various potential of my son.  I like my son to be in a happy environment, with confident and have positive and critical thinking, learn how to experience and enjoy life.  I found my answers at Ying Wa Primary.

Academic is important but I am not judging it too heavily at the moment as if we are talking about HKCEE this is some 12 years later.  YWP is still young and I am sure the academic result would be wonderful judging from the students that they admitted.

DBS and LS have good tradition but if you are judging the HKCEE result (as many writers here wrote) as a benchmark for choosing a Primary you need to be careful.  Someone rightly pointed out that a lot of the top students in other Primary will transfer to DBS and LS in S1.  They have the priviledge to live on their names to attract the cream.  (but this is the case when 15 years ago people will rush to work at IBM instead of Apple...and what happened now?)

I will not choose DBSPD as the school show little respect to the parents during the entire interviewing process, to name a few:-

- no need to register for the admission seminar, but the first seminar was full and some parents need to wait 1 to 2 hours for the second seminar;

- the primary principal spent time on the seminar telling us the school has some 10-15 school bus route, she even told us one by one which one goes to which area, and then spent time telling us the bus fare of each route, to be honest I found this as a joke;  the whole admission seminar provided very little information (other than those you can find on the website) for parents trying to understand how they are going to teach our son;

- dont want to repeat too much what have happened on the  interview date (long queue on the road and no waiting area) and the interview language confusion etc  If my son is studing at the school what will he think?  (I am an elite these poor guys just lining up at my school begging for a seat, is that the way how we want to teach our kids?)

I am talking about the DPSPD only I am not talking anything about the secondary.

I have not applied for St Stephen (Stanley) as I live in Kowloon.  I don't know a lot about this school just want to share my only concern which is the location.  Good campus? Great.  Fresh air? Nice to have.  But if my kid needs to spend 1 hour more each day on travelling then this is too much sacrifice.  This may be the reason why the school can never be the most favourite one  (i am trying not to rank here).  On the other hand although I pretty much read all the posts on this thread I really did not see any solid comments to justify the school to be one of the best in town.

Going back to YW as I like boys school more instead of Coed so I prefer YW more (every kid is different and it is difficult to apply one teaching method for all the kids, it will be even more challenging if you have boys and girls together).  Ms Lam proved to be a very tentative principal she even spent like 30-45 min talking to the parents waiting for their kids to finish the interview (on every interview session!).  She is obviously very hardworking and committed to doing good, just look at how much time she spent on attending all these interviews with the kids.  I am extremely impressed with her speech at the admission seminar which was so touching, thoughts provoking and offered many good advices.  This is not some selling tactics as if you are a caring parent with a son, you know what she said carry very good substance.  If you miss the seminar I honestly believe this is a waste.

Judging as if you are concerned about Ying Wa being a new primary (actually a reopen) you can simply look at her track record at Heep Yan, which is marvelouse and I don't think I need to go into details.

Above is my sharing and my decision has been based on the facts and the personal experience.

200#
發表於 10-11-12 17:53 |只看該作者
有人識少少扮代表,語不驚人死不休。到處點起火頭。犯眾憎!

可惜是學校無辜日日被人擺上枱。真不值!

學校真多得佢唔少,希望佢講少句當幫忙,唔該!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題