發新帖
查看: 7178|回覆: 11
go

St. Stephen (Stanley) Interview - Oct. 9 &10 [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-10-7 09:54 |顯示全部帖子
Please check the following thread:

http://forum.edu-kingdom.com/viewthread.php?tid=1674685

You may find more information by using the search function at the top of the window (both SSCPS and "聖士提反" should be used as search strings).
原帖由 ma記 於 10-10-7 09:27 發表
SSCPS will start to have P1 interview on coming Sat. & Sun.  I can't find last year interview discussion at BK.  Does any SSCPS parents can share the P1 experience/format on last year?

Many thanks.

2#
發表於 10-10-7 10:38 |顯示全部帖子
This year I suppose the number of applicants are so many that the school decided to add one more day for interview.  When I called the school some time ago, they already said so, just that they could not say for sure when the extra interview date would be.
原帖由 angelhair 於 10-10-7 10:28 發表
My interview with St. Stephen's will be on Oct 23 only

3#
發表於 10-10-7 11:27 |顯示全部帖子
The school told me candidates to be interviewed in PTH or English will be interviewed earlier.
原帖由 cornelius 於 10-10-7 11:24 發表

Did you request the interview in English?

4#
發表於 10-10-11 01:24 |顯示全部帖子
Process of this year's 1st interview:

1. Parents and child arrive at the registration counter in the hall.  The child takes the interview notification letter (after being checked by the registration people) and a label given by the registration people to a small table of 6 children to start drawing.  (I didn't notice the teachers at the table marking anything while the children were drawing pictures, so I suppose this part's performance did not count in the overall interview performance.) Parents split up with their child and stay in the hall, either watching the child's drawing at a distance, or reviewing the homework of students.  The headmistress walks around the hall and the covered playground (the general waiting area outside the hall).
2. Around the specified interview time, a teacher announces that the children have to go to another room for interview (lasting 20-30 minutes), and parents are requested to follow student ambassadors for a guided tour around the school.
3. Some school workers take the children to the covered playground for parents to pick them up.

According to my son, here is the proceeding of the interview:

1. Watch a video on trees and environmental protection.
2. The group of children were asked some open questions, such as "What are the uses of trees?" and "What can we do to save our environment?" Children needed to raise their hand to answer.
3. The children were then asked individually some personal questions in Cantonese (our chosen language medium), such as "What is your name?", "Do you play the piano?", "Do you swim?" and "What do your parents do?"

原帖由 ma記 於 10-10-10 13:33 發表

yes, this year interview is same at last year. My daughter just finished the 1st interview yesterday.

5#
發表於 10-10-11 02:06 |顯示全部帖子
我o係度分享資料都驚架...驚人話我"說三道四",哈哈!

有好野,梗係要公諸同好啦! 好希望多d家長黎分享。

要綜合所有學校o既面試資料,工作量浩繁至極,出本書都得,而且就算同一間小學,同一年o既面試內容都會變化多端,要整理會相當困難。你有呢份心,已經係非常之好!

以全港60家直資小學,加上數十家私立小學,假設有100間小學有面試,假設每家小學用兩天收集和整理資料,就已經要200天,超過半年喎!
原帖由 hellojl 於 10-10-11 01:41 發表

thomasha,

你真有心呢, 又黎share d料. 我都plan住第日in哂學校後, 出番个post黎綜合所有學校interview的details (但要有時間先呢!), 造福後人~~

你見哂味? 我仲有3間呢 ...

6#
發表於 10-10-11 13:24 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for sharing the info.

I don't think my son will have a chance for 2nd interview because he seemed to be fed up with interviews (5 interviews in 4 days, and Sunday was the last one) and even though he knew the answers, he only gave short answers without elaboration, so it would be difficult for him to stand out among all the children.

As for the school tour, we arrived half an hour before the stipulated time for registration, so we walked around the school by ourselves.  It was not raining much at the time so we even had time to go to the outdoor sports ground downstairs.  I do think interaction with the student ambassadors can give us an idea of the school's "output".
原帖由 ma記 於 10-10-11 09:56 發表

thomasha,
My daughter also finished 1st int. on last Sat.  Our interviewing time was 5:30pm (should be the last batch).  She went to meeting room around 5:55pm.  So, no school tour that all ambassad ...

7#
發表於 10-10-11 14:02 |顯示全部帖子
Thank you!  I feel that we have an "invisible team" of parents here cooperating with each other by sharing information and opinions.  

Now that the peak period for 1st interviews is over, we will be anxiously waiting for 2nd interview notifications.  Good luck to you and all the "teammates"!
原帖由 ma記 於 10-10-11 13:54 發表

That's true, my girl also didn't answer in elaborating way...no hope la.

This is what I plan to meet with the ambassadors....just want to get more information from the student inpersonal....however ...

8#
發表於 10-10-11 15:16 |顯示全部帖子
I'm sorry to hear about your son's sickness.  My son has a runny nose occasionally by Saturday and Sunday and I think he has reached the limit of his tolerance of stress, even though he said he enjoyed most of the interviews.

As for the student ambassadors, we could not find any when we left the hall, until after some time.  Two P6 boys showed us around.  They were very familiar with the school, though I could not feel their enthusiasm or sense of belonging to the school.  It may be caused by their tiredness after serving long hours (one of them started at 8 am and the other at 1 pm).  They were a bit "casual" when they greeted parents and while guiding the parents around.
原帖由 cornelius 於 10-10-11 14:21 發表

Thomas,

You really run the risk of disclosing the interview format/questions again as St Stephen's will be interviewing some other kids on Oct 23.  Anyway, I do appreciate your enthusiasm to share  ...

9#
發表於 10-10-11 19:23 |顯示全部帖子
I think the interviewer did not ask my son this question because if he/she read the portfolio submitted, he/she would not need to ask at all. :)
原帖由 ahtan 於 10-10-11 19:16 發表
So funny! My daughter also said they asked her " does your father speakEnglish" too! They asked her questions in all three languages....Eng,Mandarin and Cantonese....

10#
發表於 10-10-12 20:07 |顯示全部帖子
Just a suggestion:

We tell our son that these questions will be asked next time when we (the parents) are interviewed by the school, so he has to tell us what happens and his answers or we will not be able to answer those questions and thus he may not be given a place in the school.  This approach works for us - our son thinks he is helping us and he tries his best to recall what he goes through! :)
原帖由 BigBoyMaMa 於 10-10-11 20:47 發表
Hi ma記,
Tks for the info. Although it was over, still want to know what happen with my son.  I think I should use other approach to ask him.

11#
發表於 10-10-13 01:11 |顯示全部帖子
據我所知,St Stephen's入紙申請o既人無Co-ed, DBS或者英華咁多,相對黎講機會應該大d。

今年好似係第一年有2nd interview,所以唔係好知佢地會問乜,我只係知道家長要帶埋小朋友去,而且1st in校長無參與面試,應該會o係2nd in見家長,相信都係討論o下教育理念,栽培小朋友的方法之類。
原帖由 墨魚佬 於 10-10-13 00:06 發表
咁快開估題目架
仲有23/10一天interview架,哈哈
今次咁多人抽300人進入決賽,相信都相當難入...其實2nd in係想了解家長個背景丫,定再見多一次個小朋友,評估他們既表現呢?thomas兄有沒有咩見解呢?thx  ...

12#
發表於 10-10-13 11:35 |顯示全部帖子
Thanks for sharing.

Looks like the 2nd interview is mainly for parents to communicate with the school and there is little if not nothing that tests the child again.
原帖由 ma記 於 10-10-13 11:20 發表

Parents...you may check below weblink on "Smart Parents" to get some ideas what will be asked on SSCPS 2nd interview.

http://paper.smp.singtao.com/?href=SMP/2010/05/20&pageno=1&view=document
‹ 上一主題|下一主題