用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Is it ok to study in ESF though my kid will go US fo ...
發新帖
查看: 1736|回覆: 3
go

Is it ok to study in ESF though my kid will go US for education [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-10-5 17:46 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My kid is in ESF kinder now. However, as he will go US for further education in the future(havent fixed when yet), i have below questions.

1) is it ok to stay with ESF or should i move him
    to other IS with US curriculum ? If so, from  
    when (primary/middle school should i shift him
    to?

2)If above 1) is yes, any recommandation ?

Appreciate to have any of your comments.
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-10-6 15:19 |只看該作者
When exactly do you want your son to study in the US? Middle school, high school or university?

Actually, following british curriculum does not hurt his chance or getting in or adopting to the US curriculum. I haven't heard about anyone going to middle school in US but some of them go to high schools in the States. From what I know, ESF students mostly apply to British boarding schools instead of American ones if they want to study abroad in high school. Yet the curriculum doesn't really matter as the American high schools receive numerous of international students every year. Even if you hold an IGCSE qualification, it doesn't hurt your chance as long as you have good grades on your transcripts, do well on SSAT, and are involved in ECAs.

If you are talking about universities, I can tell you that a number of ESF students go to US colleges each year. The support from the university counselor may be minimal but if your son wants to get in, he will always find ways and do a lot of research on it. ESF has very good support in getting into British universities, but for US colleges, I think the student pretty much has to rely on him/herself.

So to answer your questions, I think it is totally fine to stay in ESF. If you want your son to have a much better chance of getting into US college, it may be a good idea to transfer him to a US high school when the time comes. (US high schools as in the ones in the States)

There aren't that much IS in Hong Kong following the US curriculum. Even if your son got into HKIS, his chance of getting admitted to a US college would just be the same with students from other IS as most of the IS in Hong Kong have chosen to offer the IB diploma programme.

3#
發表於 10-10-6 16:53 |只看該作者
Tks for your comments.

原帖由 arielle.w 於 10-10-6 15:19 發表
When exactly do you want your son to study in the US? Middle school, high school or university?

Actually, following british curriculum does not hurt his chance or getting in or adopting to the US cu ...

4#
發表於 10-10-12 02:14 |只看該作者
原帖由 jujuxxx 於 10-10-5 17:46 發表
My kid is in ESF kinder now. However, as he will go US for further education in the future(havent fixed when yet), i have below questions.

1) is it ok to stay with ESF or should i move him
    to ot ...

I don't see any problems with it. I myself graduated from an ESF school and went on to US for college... stayed there to work.

We are in HK temporarily and have put my son in ESF until it's time for us to move back.  I am sure he will be fine.  Of course, I am a lazy mom and I can enjoy the priority cuz I went there so I don't have to go arond looking for a school for him.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題
返回列表
發新帖