發表於 10-9-3 22:08 |只看該作者

回覆 1# jswailam928 的文章

想問下培橋一個月學費&雜費?total $2200 per month.

係唔係有得申請資助? Yes you can apply.
一班大約有幾多人啊?30
有幾多班主任? 2 each class
在校用什麼語言教書嗎? English for English subject and the rest in Mandarin
小朋友在校開心嗎?
I have two kids studying there, the elder one loves it, but since the younger one is there only for 1 week so it is early to tell.

Generally speaking, I love PK.

3#
發表於 10-9-3 22:10 |只看該作者
One thing I want to add is that, it is not easy to get in PK, last year there were 2000 applicants and they only had 150 seats, so if you want to apply, act early.

4#
發表於 10-9-3 22:13 |只看該作者
Sorry my mistake, they did not take 150, only 120 ...4 classes each year.

5#
發表於 10-9-4 17:19 |只看該作者

回覆 4# HKdevil 的文章

THX REPLY~
咁資助難唔難申請?
這校是活動教學嗎?

6#
發表於 10-9-5 18:33 |只看該作者
請問你小朋友在普通話學習上有困難嗎? 在升小一前是否需要先上普通話班才能適應? 另外學校對小朋友的品德培養重視嗎? 程度深不深呢? 還需要在外參加補習班嗎?

實在心儀這所小學, 但身邊人又話要考慮清楚, 評價不太好.
我相信問用家應該清楚些吧!

原帖由 HKdevil 於 10-9-3 22:13 發表
Sorry my mistake, they did not take 150, only 120 ...4 classes each year.

7#
發表於 10-9-5 22:36 |只看該作者
咁資助難唔難申請?  That I donot know, I never applied, but I know there is means test.
這校是活動教學嗎? [/quote] Yes, adopting ESF/international school teaching method, students learn in fun way.

8#
發表於 10-9-5 22:41 |只看該作者
原帖由 fkkfi 於 5-9-2010 18:33 發表
請問你小朋友在普通話學習上有困難嗎?
the p6 daughter--no problem, the p1 son ---too early to tell, but I think he will be fine too.

在升小一前是否需要先上普通話班才能適應?
No, in fact, my son do not speak either cantonese or mandarin, he speaks on English, he is mixed.
另外學校對小朋友的品德培養重視嗎? I think so, but this is a very subjective thing. by far I have no complain.

程度深不深呢?Not really  還需要在外參加補習班嗎?no need.

實在心儀這所小學, 但身邊人又話要考慮清楚, 評價不太 ...
PK is a very good school.

9#
發表於 10-9-6 00:53 |只看該作者
Absolutely agreed ! Excellent school.

10#
發表於 10-9-10 00:38 |只看該作者
ERICBB and HKdevil, out of curiosity which kindergarten did your children attend in the past?  

Does PK has a particular preference of accepting certain kindergarten?

With such a tough competition, over 2000 applicants fighting over 120 spots... was it only because of the 一條龍, or it's cause good academic record, or it's cause of it's good 品格教育?

some caution people regarding their "紅色背景" also... was that ever a concern?

thank you for sharing

11#
發表於 10-9-10 21:00 |只看該作者
對於"紅色"背景, 我真的不大感覺到, 由簡介會到家長會也没有提過有關它的背景事宜.

我喜愛它的敎學安排, 上午上課, 下午活動課. 不像我們以往讀小學時, 一大清早上體育課, 用完了所有精力, 才開始上正規課, 累得很, 無心機上課.

而且, 它把drama課加在正規課堂內, 非常好.

12#
發表於 10-9-10 23:26 |只看該作者
my son was from 聖心,actually he was not accepted in the first place even tho his sister was already studying there, but I kept on writing to the principal and after three letters from me and two letters from my daughter, he is finally accepted for which I was so very happy, I only applied for two schools for my son, BDS and PK, and PK was my top priority.

As to the reason why I choose PK,

1, i like the teaching method, they adopt a flexible one and one that used by interntional school, thus children learn in fun way, and does not mean they know less.
2. it is through-train, thus I need not to look again for secondary,
3. it has super grand campus thus, children can learn and grow in good environement
4. it is mandarin is excellent, I want my children to be good at two languages.
5. it has one exam a year
6. my daughter really loves it
7. the list goes on...

BUT the only thing i do not like about PK is their uniform, I think they are super ugly!

13#
發表於 10-9-10 23:31 |只看該作者
Sorry spelling mistake, it should DBS, not BDS.

14#
發表於 10-9-11 15:19 |只看該作者
原帖由 HKdevil 於 10-9-10 23:26 發表
I only applied for two schools for my son, DBS and PK, and PK was my top priority....

Did your son get accepted by DBS?  If yes, has your decision in favour of PK ever been queried by those "well-meaning" friends and relatives after the fact?  If no, would your choice be different had your son been offered a place by DBS?
如得其情,則哀矜而勿喜。

15#
發表於 10-9-11 23:07 |只看該作者
No he was not accepted by DBS, but I would still take PK if he was accepted by both for two reasons, 1, DBS is a single sex school which I donot really like, 2, DBS does not use mandarin like PK.

Having said that my elder daughter is in DGS upon her own choosing, I did ask her to change to SP Co-ed but she refused.

原帖由 小謙伯伯 於 11-9-2010 15:19 發表

Did your son get accepted by DBS?  If yes, has your decision in favour of PK ever been queried by those "well-meaning" friends and relatives after the fact?  If no, would your choice be different ha ...

16#
發表於 10-9-12 10:13 |只看該作者
原帖由 HKdevil 於 10-9-11 23:07 發表
No he was not accepted by DBS, but I would still take PK if he was accepted by both for two reasons, 1, DBS is a single sex school which I donot really like, 2, DBS does not use mandarin like PK.

Hav ...

Thanks for the reply.  I certainly would quote your case for the reference of Little Him's parents.  Unlike this uncle who has undergone the "baptism" of the traditional "prestigious" school and been disillusioned, they have all the wishful thinkings of the typical Hong Kong parents in the street when it comes to brand names.
如得其情,則哀矜而勿喜。

17#
發表於 10-9-12 17:58 |只看該作者
Seem like all the current student's parent Regina.yip        and ERICBB and HKdevil giving PK a 2-thumbs up

Can some of the current parents comment on their 品格教育 then?  I think academic record are fairly good, but other than that I am sure all parents will worry about their Children's 德行.

I ask because most of the "international school" education style, the kids are more free and can go really "wild"...

18#
發表於 10-9-12 19:10 |只看該作者
As regard to conduct, I really do not see any problem, I myself is a liberal parents, they are allowed to reason with me and i would say sorry if they are right.

As far as I know, PK allows kids to run and to play during recess without any restrictions which is something i like and encourage them to speak up.

To be honest I donot like those traditional school where they would stop kids from talking even during queuing time.

I believe the kids conducts are the mainly the responsibility of parents, pls do not rely too much on the school.
So far I do not see anything wrong with PK in this regard.

But what exacty is your concern?

19#
發表於 10-9-12 19:11 |只看該作者
Also pk encourage recycle with old uniforms and donation for good causes etc...

20#
發表於 10-9-12 23:47 |只看該作者
thanks for your sharing HKdevil!  We are liberal parent too, we reason with our daughter and explain to her with reason.  Our concern is just some International School have a tough time to teach "respect" to the kid.  They are too free-form, free-style that kids run around and screaming/yelling like child-gone-wild...  I have seen kids got bruised cause they we just "playing" too rough...
Of course, all these same concern can still happen in traditional style schooling in Hong Kong.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題