搜索
教育王國 討論區 國際學校 Choosing between KJS and RC
發新帖
查看: 2846|回覆: 11
go

Choosing between KJS and RC [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 10-1-31 22:15 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My son is being offered places for year 1 class at both KJS and RC.   Are there parents can share their views....!
   1    0    0    0

2#
發表於 10-1-31 23:52 |只看該作者
please check pm

3#
發表於 10-2-1 09:20 |只看該作者

Choosing between KJS and RC

My son also got offers from both KJS and RC,  It will be great if  parents from both school can share their view of  schools. Many thanks!

4#
發表於 10-2-1 11:49 |只看該作者

RC vs KJS

RC is a through train school that cover the secondary grades, but how about KJS , it only cover the primary grades and need to apply another secondary school in future, right ?

Thus, RC has its competitive advantage.

5#
發表於 10-2-1 12:03 |只看該作者
The 2 schools are different: curriculum, location, fees, etc.
I would have thought that it should not be too difficult to decide which school to choose.
And if you really cannot decide, choose the one that is closer to home, then.

6#
發表於 10-2-1 12:07 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

7#
發表於 10-2-1 18:12 |只看該作者
KGV is the secondary school of KJS.  KJS is now under renovation since its campus is too old and they have spilt their primary into two campuses.  But after renovation, they will have a very nice environment for the kids.  That is what I heard from a friend of mine whose daughter is now at KJS. In fact, most of the older ESF schools are planned for renovation.   

FYI KJS Y1 this year (I can't speak from other years since my friend's daughter is in Y1) does not have a lot of Caucasians (exact percentage not known, but should be less than those on HK side, except QBS I guess) since most of the families are from Asian (Koean Japanese, South Asian etc. ) or Indian decendants.  

RC is also a good school so I know it is hard to choose.  I know a case where RC rejected the kid but ESF accepted him.  It seems RC is looking for kids with academic potential whereas ESF has a different priority and will take kids with special needs.  Just my 2 cents.

Hope it helps!

8#
發表於 10-2-1 18:42 |只看該作者
原帖由 nintendo 於 10-2-1 12:03 發表
And if you really cannot decide, choose the one that is closer to home, then.

totally agree.

9#
發表於 10-2-1 19:56 |只看該作者
Thanks a lot...everyone!

Learned from school reports of both, Indians and Chinese are the majority in KJS/KGV.  However, friends mentioned KGV have better reputation, but RC can provide a stronger base in learning Chinese.  

The redevelopement of KJS is also an issue to think about.  Students has to relocate to some other place for years.  Is anyone know when is the completion date?

Can anyone also share their views on how KJS/KGV and RC working on their IB system?

Many thanks.

10#
發表於 10-2-1 20:28 |只看該作者
Based on the historical record, I think KGV should be a good school.  I believe the English environment and standard in KGV is much more stronger than in RC but if you do prefer the balance of Chinese and English, RC is another choice but don't expect its Chinese is as high as in local schools.

11#
發表於 10-2-1 20:56 |只看該作者
Really? KJS student will go direct to KGV without any screening or admission test? but I thought some of the KJS student will go to SJS and they have to go through interview first?

Yes, I have read through a lot of your adverse comment about RC but if becoming a native English speaker is not my concern, then RC seems like a good school with stronger Chinese level, right?
原帖由 edexp 於 10-2-1 12:07 發表
錯!!

KJS 會接駁 ESF 嘅中學,其實原則上也是一條龍。 KJS 才是 has its competitive advantage,點解? 自己諗諗及做吓客觀嘅分柝。

再唔係嘅,得閒去睇翻好多以前對 RC 與 ESF 小學比較嘅討論,再自己諗清楚啦

12#
發表於 10-2-1 22:56 |只看該作者
Whether you go to KGV , SC or Island school etc  is all depends on where you live.

We choose ESF's primary school instead of RC last year due to the school location & we also think ESF's secondary has better  track records compare to RC.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題