the offering letters of co-edu have been sent [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-20 16:30 |只看該作者 |正序瀏覽 |打印
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽
   1    0    0    0

86#
發表於 09-11-26 21:03 |只看該作者
DoRiMe12345

I am sorry I do not know this year's practice.
I only remember Ms. Lee mentioned they list the # in the waiting list reply from last year's P1 presentation.

原帖由 DoRiMe12345 於 09-11-26 09:46 發表
Hi Steelpen,

There are two small print nos. at the bottom of the letter.  Which one is the waiting list no.?

DoRiMe12345

85#
發表於 09-11-26 17:53 |只看該作者
I agree totally!
In the beginning, other people said that the school tends to choose rich people, but after going into the school and having done the interviews & registration, I think it's not true.
It depends a lot on the kid's attitude and ability, esp the performance. The school is fair in choosing the pupils who suit the school. I didn't feel they have any prejudice against less wealthy families.

原帖由 lho 於 09-11-26 15:51 發表
Joejoe1010,

I share the same observation with you on those SPCC selected students.
And I would like to add one more point to your list, good visual perceptual abilities.

In fact, except the lang ...

貢獻勳章

84#
發表於 09-11-26 17:03 |只看該作者
原帖由 joejoe1010 於 09-11-26 11:58 發表
Daphne

綜合了我囝囝既性格同BK各位parents 既意見...大部份入圍既小朋友都有以下特點:

專注力強 - 我囝囝可以很完整把面試老師講述的一個複雜故事既重點覆述給我聽
有禮貌
服從性很高 - "老師同父母既命令很服從" ...

200% 同意 !!
[img]http://forum.baby-kingdom.

83#
發表於 09-11-26 15:51 |只看該作者
Joejoe1010,

I share the same observation with you on those SPCC selected students.
And I would like to add one more point to your list, good visual perceptual abilities.

In fact, except the language ability, the questions asked during the 1st interview of SPCC, from what my boy told me, were similar to those “IQ” oriented-questions, e.g. ability to focus, putting pieces together (puzzles), tests on short-term memory, ability to understand the key points etc.  

I also agree for those being selected by SPCC, they are likely to have other offers from other top-tier schools like DBS, DGS, St Paul Boys, YWC etc.
As my boy has gone thro those 2nd interviews (except DGS of course), one way or the other, they tested the child with similar questions either in 1st or 2nd round interview.
And so, I tend to conclude that these are the reasons for those top-tier schools able to maintain their performance throughout the years.  The quality of the kids are good.  As long as proper guidance are provided, they will blossom.  (Please do not mistaken me saying the quality of the kids in other schools are bad!)

As such, the tests are all focused on the child himself but not their family background nor their wealth.
Some parents are just too sensitive.

原帖由 joejoe1010 於 09-11-26 11:58 發表
Daphne

綜合了我囝囝既性格同BK各位parents 既意見...大部份入圍既小朋友都有以下特點:

專注力強 - 我囝囝可以很完整把面試老師講述的一個複雜故事既重點覆述給我聽
有禮貌
服從性很高 - "老師同父母既命令很服從" ...

82#
發表於 09-11-26 11:58 |只看該作者

81#
發表於 09-11-26 09:46 |只看該作者
Hi Steelpen,

There are two small print nos. at the bottom of the letter.  Which one is the waiting list no.?

DoRiMe12345

原帖由 steelpen 於 09-11-25 21:04 發表
AHKMom, I am very impressed with your letter.
And I think it would be hurtful if no one is answering...

For your information, boys are active in SPCC.
They are not the book worm type.
You can see the ...

貢獻勳章

80#
發表於 09-11-26 00:30 |只看該作者
原帖由 AHKMom 於 09-11-24 23:49 發表
Hi dear all,

Congratulations to all parents whose kids got admitted.  I can imagine how delightful it would be.

I am one of those parents whose kids got on the waiting list.  I have to admit that  ...

AHKMom,

加油呀,預祝成功 !!

79#
發表於 09-11-25 23:15 |只看該作者
hui916, joejoe1010,

你地的小朋友都好叻,可以考入到spcc. 我囡囡出年都要考學校, spcc係我的至愛.
請問你地可否分享, 小朋友吸引學校的地方, 面試時的情況. 聽今年有考group interview,故事等等...

謝謝

78#
發表於 09-11-25 21:04 |只看該作者
AHKMom, I am very impressed with your letter.
And I think it would be hurtful if no one is answering...

For your information, boys are active in SPCC.
They are not the book worm type.
You can see them running around during lunch and recess just like any ordinary kid.
However, they are all indeed very polite.
They say greetings to people/strangers whenever they meet them anywhere in school.
Not just doing it in front of teachers.

Please don't give up hope to your son.
Getting into final 200 is really exceptional.
There will be people giving up seats due to various reasons. I am not sure about this year. But for previous year, there is a small print at the bottom of letter. It shows the waiting list number, i.e. from 1-50. The school called to those listed on waiting list according to sequence.

Hope it helps and truly hope your wish will come true one day.

原帖由 AHKMom 於 09-11-24 23:49 發表
Hi dear all,

Congratulations to all parents whose kids got admitted.  I can imagine how delightful it would be.

I am one of those parents whose kids got on the waiting list.  I have to admit that  ...

77#
發表於 09-11-25 21:02 |只看該作者

貢獻勳章

76#
發表於 09-11-25 18:32 |只看該作者
原帖由 joejoe1010 於 09-11-24 14:14 發表
KaHeiBaba,

Congratulation! I totally agree with you.. My son shares the same characters with your daughter.

My son was born in dec 04.. didn't win any awards... didn't get any relationship or share  ...

joejoe1010,

你囝囝一定好 smart !!

貢獻勳章

75#
發表於 09-11-25 18:29 |只看該作者
原帖由 skateboardp 於 09-11-24 16:57 發表

恭喜晒您囡囡!
同埋spcc又將多一位紅魔fans家長喇!

多謝 !! :loveliness:

自從 1977年英國足總盃決賽(當年 TVB 直播,絕對係一件足球盛事),紅魔 2:1 擊敗 紅軍 奪冠之後,我就一直係 紅魔 o既忠心不二 fans !!

貢獻勳章

74#
發表於 09-11-25 18:20 |只看該作者
原帖由 THB 於 09-11-24 19:03 發表
Hi KaHeiBaBa,

Congratulations! Think Kahei is 實至名歸 as she is always very polite whenever we meet.  But her classmates will certainly miss her.

多謝 WH 媽咪 !! :loveliness:

只可以講係運氣比較好,絕對談不上 "實至名歸" !!   淨係睇當日小一簡介會,成個禮堂 "熱烘烘",咁多人唔揀,竟然 ...... 唉 !!

熱切期待下個月o既親子旅行、籌備中o既畢業謝師晚宴 !!

貢獻勳章

73#
發表於 09-11-25 18:10 |只看該作者
原帖由 aupatrick 於 09-11-24 14:26 發表
KaHeiBaBa, we have exactly the same feeling as yours, we also live in Causeway Bay but no letter on Sat.

We went down to our building lobby on Sat morning, luckily we met the postman, we thought we' ...

aupatrick,我同你都一樣,星期六o個朝真係好緊張 (因為根據以往紀錄,o係學校網上公佈前,會有機會收到信);我由早上十點半開始,每半小時落樓下睇信箱,到第三次,我唔駛出 Lift,大廈管理員叔叔已經話俾我知 "未派信",咁我就原 Lift 返上屋企;直至中午十二點半,我手震震咁去開信箱 (信箱鑰匙幾乎跌落地),結果只得兩封銀行信,唉 !! (又要折磨多 2日)

72#
發表於 09-11-25 00:24 |只看該作者
My daughter also happens to be a very talkative, outgoing and presentable girl. But looking at the plus side, she is presentable, confident and very smart. What made me really worried during the 2nd interview was she quickly scanned all books on shelf, jumping very fast from one to another in less than 1 minute. I could even hear the noice when she was switching over books and opening pages.

Even worse, she interrupted our conversation with the headmistress asking for going out to toilet (She did the same thing during the 1st interview!). My wife and I had been so worried that what she behaved would jeopardize the chance of being admitted.

Luckily, she got admitted!

71#
發表於 09-11-24 23:49 |只看該作者
Hi dear all,

I am one of those parents whose kids got on the waiting list.  I have to admit that we didn't have high hope to start with.  We were indeed soooooooooooo surprised when we were invited to the second interview and it was only then when we started to dream about being admitted to SPCC.  Of course the two weeks of waiting was unbearable, and I believe you can imagine how disappointed we were when we received the result... it was like falling into hell from heaven... (well, a bit exaggerated... it was more like waking up from a sweet dream... back to reality, sadly).

The major reason why we didn't have high hope in the beginning and why we were so surprised to be invited to the second interview is because our son is a typical "active" type, curious, talkative and basically can't have a moment of silence.  Learning that the chance of getting admitted from the second interview is roughly 150/200, we then started our dream.

You can imagine how it was like when we had our second interview, with a boy like ours.  Well, I still think he did his very best... I mean, what can you expect from a child like him after 2 hours of waiting before the interview.  He didn't do anything drastic during the interview, but he couldn't help walking around in the room and exploring things like the glass table in the room and the electric wires and sockets...

Honestly, I still do not want to give up on the hope of being admitted... who would given this reputable school and attractive curriculum?  But I sincerely would like to seek an advice from all you parents here whose kids are admitted - "Do anyone of you have an 'active' kid like me?" or put it this way, "Do you think being weak in 'self-discipline' would be a factor indicating that my son is not a good match with this school?"

All along, I have heard that SPCC would tend to pick polite, mature and well-behaved kids.  I was still wondering whether I should try my very best to continue to show my enthusiasm towards the school, or whether I should confirm and accept the fact that I should focus on other schools that have a higher tolerance level with less disciplined ones.

Can anyone please help me with this?

Thank you very much.

70#
發表於 09-11-24 20:55 |只看該作者
aupatrick, mkmama, charlottechan,

congratulation! Welcome to the family of SPCC

原帖由 charlottechan 於 09-11-23 11:05 發表
自己升職都冇咁開心.
但家住東九龍, 要認真考慮搬屋/接送問題

69#
發表於 09-11-24 19:03 |只看該作者

回覆 1# KaHeiBaBa 的文章

Hi KaHeiBaBa,

Congratulations! Think Kahei is 實至名歸 as she is always very polite whenever we meet.  But her classmates will certainly miss her.
http://lbyf.lilypie.com/drZBp8.png
http://lb3f.lilypie.com/66O8p8.png

貢獻勳章

68#
發表於 09-11-24 19:00 |只看該作者
原帖由 joejoe1010 於 09-11-24 14:56 發表
Hi Aupatrick,

It seems that all parents on bk are successful to get the offers from co-edu.

Just wonder why no parents being put on the waiting list that share their feelings on bk.

其實係有o架,不過就o係 "小學一覽" SPCCPS o個邊:Please click !!
‹ 上一主題|下一主題