用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 What should my daughtor prepare for P1?
發新帖
查看: 1070|回覆: 4
go

What should my daughtor prepare for P1? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-11-9 14:00 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
Dear SMC parents,

It has been a long time looking at this forum here.  I have to say thank you to the parents here for answering all our questions.

Luckily my daughtor is accpeted for P1 in 2010.  I learned that most of the kids are having very strong language background especially in English.  My daughtor is studying in a local kinder ( very good teachers),  the main medium is Cantonese.  My daughtor did not have any outside training/tutoring in English.  The few English practices are English classes in kinder, talking to our maid, listening to English songs and watching some DVDs ( Dora and Diego).  

I am glad that she would have a very good English learning environment provided by SMC and the stimulation of high stardard of classmates and parents.  But as more as I learned here, I am a bit of worried if she can accommodate herself with the pupils at the first few months for her limited English ( compared to those who are from international kinder or those who are native English speakers).  

Do I have to train her before going to P1, like having a private tutor in English conversation or sending her to English lessons?  In fact, I am lazy.  As a busy working mom, can I just ask her reading more English books at home or just let it be?   Does SMC provide some help for students to catch up with others in this matter?   

Thanks!
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-11-9 14:15 |只看該作者
Lynn,

I think your girl is definitely up to SMC's requirement / standard if she is accepted.  You do not need to worry that much.

There may be a difference comparing to those native English speakers (only some 20% per last year's record).  There is not that much difference comparing to those local kids from international kinders per my observation so far.

You are a very thoughtful parent, I did not think of this before and hence no preparation was done for my boy.

3#
發表於 09-11-10 14:51 |只看該作者
spiderlily, thanks a lot!

4#
發表於 09-11-11 18:27 |只看該作者
hi! what i will suggest that you may just prepare yourself since the primary life is totally different from kindergarten.you may be feel frustrated,stress depening on how you view on primary.the kids are very flexible and mostly they will act more better than parents.pls be relaxed and have confident on your kid.
原帖由 Lynn 於 09-11-10 14:51 發表
spiderlily, thanks a lot!

5#
發表於 09-11-13 11:04 |只看該作者
Yes, parents might be the one who cannot adjust to the change of school life.

Hopefully " I " can enjoy the primary life too...
‹ 上一主題|下一主題