密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 救恩小學
樓主: tungmom
go

救恩小學 [複製鏈接]

81#
發表於 09-10-30 22:47 |只看該作者
Maggie, nice to hear that your daughter did accept my KY.  

82#
發表於 09-10-31 01:06 |只看該作者
Can you tell us what other schools did your friend tell you that have more or less the same academic level as SPCC? Thanks!

原帖由 MaggieHei 於 09-10-30 22:37 發表

The reason why I apply this school because this is recommand by my colleague's wife. She is the primary school teacher for many years in HK side. I gave her the list including St. Paul co-ed to give me the comment. When she see my list with St. Paul co-ed, she did advise me the school which are good and have more or less the same academic level from SPCC.

83#
發表於 09-10-31 10:09 |只看該作者
Jen,

You are right.  My observation applies to most if not all DSS.  New marketing slogan now is "little home work and happy learning".  Almost all schools I visited said the same.  Yet, I also go shocked at how good P1 pupils could write from sample homework....  Where did this "ability" come from.  

Cheers.

原帖由 Jen 於 09-10-30 17:49 發表
Semideaf, in a way true.  A lot of dirty works are done by parents at home, but isn't it just the same for other famous school?  Students there also go to a lot of tutorial classes.

84#
發表於 09-10-31 10:13 |只看該作者
I did give her 16 schools to select. Most of them are in Kln side & some of them are in HK side.

She did tack out St. Paul Co-ed, st. Paul colleageue, SFA, KY,播道.

For some of the schools in KLN side she did not know very much.

原帖由 shmom 於 09-10-31 01:06 發表
Can you tell us what other schools did your friend tell you that have more or less the same academic level as SPCC? Thanks!

85#
發表於 09-10-31 11:34 |只看該作者
Thank you everyone for your sharing.  It seems that Kau Yan is a good school.

86#
發表於 09-10-31 12:42 |只看該作者
Your KY

You are the principle / teacher from KY ?

原帖由 lorettaleung 於 09-10-30 22:47 發表
Maggie, nice to hear that your daughter did accept my KY.  

87#
發表於 09-10-31 20:54 |只看該作者
請問, 救恩有沒有雇用外籍老師?

88#
發表於 09-11-1 17:19 |只看該作者
Sorry, I am not the teacher fron KY.  Just the typing mistake.  

原帖由 MaggieHei 於 09-10-31 12:42 發表
Your KY

You are the principle / teacher from KY ?

89#
發表於 09-11-2 00:57 |只看該作者
My son is studying in P.2 and he has a very happy school life.
The homework from Monday to Thursday is not much. Friday is a bit heavy since more reading works are required.
Everyday, there is homework session and if your kid can concentrate in doing homework, he / she may almost finish all the works at school.

Regarding the curriculum, for those kids whose standard is higher than the peers, the teacher will design separate worksheets for them so that they will not feel boring and can learn more.
This approach can help some high flyers or gifted children to learn on their own pace.
However, the assessment / exam questions will be the same for all students.
There is no exam for P.1 and P.2 students but will have assessments all year round.
Students are required to read recommended books or pieces of article every week (some books are selected by the teacher to match with the reading ability of each kid) and students are required to do some works about the book, like brief summary, simple description of the main characters etc.
In gist, reading is important during P.1 & P.2 school life.

For the academic standard, I got a chance to look at P.2 Chinese exam paper of Wah Yan and found that the paper was more complicated than those taught by kau Yan.
However, I think it has to wait until we have exam next year in order to have a fair comparison.

Teachers in Kau Yan are the most valuable assets that the school must treasure of.
Those teachers I know are very caring.
They admit the difference of each individual child and are willing to spend extra efforts in helping the child for all-rounded growth. Last year when my son was in P.1, I heard that a class teacher was willing to stay after school for tutoring a student who had learning difficulty in some subjects.
I was deeply moved by this incident.
For my son, the school makes a lot of efforts on moral training and my son is quite a caring and loving child that, to me, is more important than academic results.
I fully share with the vision of the new headmistress.
However, KYS does not have one dragon secondary school.
Hope that the headmistress can solve it and continue her vision to the secondary education of our children.

90#
發表於 09-11-3 13:40 |只看該作者
Nice to hear that most of the students studying at KYS enjoy shcoollife.  Library at KYS is really good and clean, the students areable to sit on the floor.  Wish my son will enjoy school life atKYS.

原帖由 HayBMum 於 09-11-2 00:57 發表
My son is studying in P.2 and he has a very happy school life.
The homework from Monday to Thursday is not much. Friday is a bit heavy since more reading works are required.
Everyday, there is homewo ...

91#
發表於 09-11-5 12:02 |只看該作者
大家交了留位費未?

92#
發表於 09-11-5 12:12 |只看該作者
今个星期留了

93#
發表於 09-11-5 23:07 |只看該作者
交左呢間同蘇浙, 但心目中始終想真光, 如真光得便可安心大抽獎, 唔得就選救恩, 放棄抽獎, 因驚waiting 番轉頭會無位。

94#
發表於 09-11-7 02:19 |只看該作者
my son is now in K2, we all love this school and my son enjoys his school life very much.

Teachers there are really nice and sincere. I will definitely apply their primary section next year, due to the following reasons:

1. i want him enjoy his school life intead of push push push. I think of st paul boys too, but heard that the workload is very high even in P1, i am afraid my son need to do homework very late at night. It is really poor for a small kids.

2. school environment is good and clean. Teachers, admin staff and even the helpers are very nice.

3. They have own kitchen and chef (i saw the recipe for full-day kindergarten kids, so i know what food they provide, 2 kinds of food + soup). No need to order food fr those outsource provider.

4. i like those secondary schools in central districts, if my son goes to P1, then high chance for him to select secondary in central & western district too.

5. i told my son b4, maybe mammy wl select kau yan primary or other schools for him. he told me he likes kau yan, want to stay here in P1... so funny he is..

95#
發表於 09-11-20 23:37 |只看該作者
請問在救恩已交留位費的家長們, 如果23號放榜得咗, 你們會放棄救恩個位嗎?

96#
發表於 09-11-25 15:20 |只看該作者
真光都收左我個女。依家15/16唔舍真光定係救恩好。

請問你咩原因令你選擇真光而唔係救恩?

原帖由 tungmom 於 09-11-5 23:07 發表
交左呢間同蘇浙, 但心目中始終想真光, 如真光得便可安心大抽獎, 唔得就選救恩, 放棄抽獎, 因驚waiting 番轉頭會無位。

97#
發表於 09-11-25 16:10 |只看該作者
Choose TL as have secondary school.

98#
發表於 09-11-25 17:10 |只看該作者
但真光中學似乎係band 1中或尾..唔係band 1 頭喎

原帖由 aa120520 於 09-11-25 16:10 發表
Choose TL as have secondary school.

99#
發表於 09-11-26 08:34 |只看該作者
When applying secondary school, is it following primary school network? So if studying at Kau Yan, St Stephen Girls will be part of the 'network' for selection?

Besides, how to get info about the secondary school is Band 1 (upper, middle or lower)? why true light is only Band 1 lower.

原帖由 heiheimama88 於 09-11-25 17:10 發表
但真光中學似乎係band 1中或尾..唔係band 1 頭喎

100#
發表於 09-11-28 23:31 |只看該作者
Yes, True Light has a secondary school as back up. 70% of its primary students can enter it. I like Kau Yan very much, actually I checked the school bus time schedule, both have their lessons started at 8:00 am and need to get on the school bus at 7:00 am, so the location doesn't mean the travel time will be shorter. As most good and band 1 secondary schools have connection with their primary schools at HK side, the seats for other primary school students will not be many. So when I think of this, I would prefer True Light as it's a band 1 English subsidised school that is a popular choice for most parents. But for Kau Yan, though it has a connection school in Kwun Tong but it is a DSS that means I need to pay for 12 years.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題