密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 小一選校 Too nervous, need consultation
查看: 3558|回覆: 45
go

Too nervous, need consultation [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-10-20 16:03 |只看該作者 |倒序瀏覽 |打印
My kid is now going through the P1 admission process and this makes me very tense and stress.

My kid is smart and bright in the eyes of others (school teachers, friends, and some others people that we don't even very familiar with). He has very good academic results. However, after gone through the P1 interview process. His results at this moment is not as good as I expected. Two schools have announced the 2nd interview result and he only got one. Even though the one he got is a pretty famous school, but I feel very frustrated as the one he failed is the one we think he is no problem to get in. What's wrong with him? I ask myself many many times and no one can answer me even myself. However, after attended  the 2nd interview, I have some idea. He feels nervous too and therefore he cannot perform naturally. I heard at the end of the interview that the principal told my kid " relax, don't be nervous" and laugh. Even though my kid told me that he did answer all the questions correctly, I feel depress at the spot as most of the school would like to choose those kids with confidence. He is confident but cannot show this during the interview? How come???How can I release my kid and let him performs who he is?Actually, all the 1st interview were passed and I can only wait for the results. One hand, I want to know asap and on the other hand, I'm afraid to know too.

[ 本帖最後由 leavetogod 於 09-10-20 21:50 編輯 ]
   0    0    0    0

2#
發表於 09-10-20 16:08 |只看該作者
Take it easy. I really got the same problem with you. But my boy may be too active during interbiew......

3#
發表於 09-10-20 16:16 |只看該作者
原帖由 leavetogod 於 09-10-20 16:03 發表
My kid is now going through the P1 admission process and this makes me very tense and stress.

My kid is smart and bright in the eyes of others (school teachers, friends, and some others people that w ...

You've to relax yourself first.  Although I don't know what will be the final result. My son did enjoy every interviews as we only told him we were going to play with the teachers of the school.

Everytime he would give marks to the interviews for how much "fun" he felt.

Moreover, we decided not to tell him the interview results no matter the schools accepted or rejected our applications.

Just let him have a wonderful interview memories .

[ 本帖最後由 jeremyphlam 於 09-10-20 16:17 編輯 ]

4#
發表於 09-10-20 16:17 |只看該作者
When I am in adversity, my wife will say to me:

耶和華是我的牧者我必不至缺乏。

他使我躺臥在青草地上、領我在可安歇的水邊。

他使我的靈魂甦醒、為自己的名引導我走義路。

我雖然行過死蔭的幽谷、也不怕遭害因為你與我同在你的杖、你的竿、都安慰我。

在我敵人面前、你為我擺設筵席你用油膏了我的頭、使我的福杯滿溢。

我一生一世必有恩惠慈愛隨著我我且要住在耶和華的殿中、直到永遠。

原帖由 leavetogod 於 09-10-20 16:03 發表

My kid is smart and bright in the eyes of others (school teachers, friends, and some others people that w ...

5#
發表於 09-10-20 16:21 |只看該作者

回覆 1# leavetogod 的文章

After reading your message, I feel you do very nervous and this may make your kids nervous too. So please make yourself relax first.
Also your kid may be too smart and afraid of failure so the pressure may be created by himself.
Anyway, take it easy and good luck!

6#
發表於 09-10-20 16:23 |只看該作者
Take it easy.  If you're nervous, so will your kid. Your kid is smart, as you've said. Of course, he can tell and sense by the way you behave. If you're calm, so will he. Then he'll go through the interviews with confidence. LeavetoGod, as you called yourself. Let God take care of the rest.  
All the best!

7#
發表於 09-10-20 16:24 |只看該作者
First you need to relax yourself. If you are nervous, your kid will feel nervous too although you do not show in front of him/her-trust me, they can feel it.

Every time when i go to interview with my kid, I won't tell them it is an interview or so. Just ask them to see if or not he like the school. Teachers might ask you question, just answer polietly. If you do not know the answer, just say you don't know.

Nothing you can do to control the result and you will never know what are the standard in each school. Just give your kids confident because he is the best in the eyes of the parent.

God will lead the way for your kids.

8#
發表於 09-10-20 16:28 |只看該作者
樓主,

I think you have the answer already as suggested by your login name -- leave to god.  I'm not religious at all but think that if you choose such a login name, you should have confidence in placing the destiny of you and your son in the hands of god, right?  I know it's hard but do not give too much pressure on yourself.  If you are nervous, how can your son take the interviews easy.  Perhaps, you have exerted too much pressure (maybe unintentionally) on him.  Afterall, this P.1 interview game is more a matter of luck than pure capability.

9#
發表於 09-10-20 16:31 |只看該作者
As what your name states 'leavetogod' - Leave it to God !

There's still a long way to go before getting the final allocation. Relax ! Your kid will feel the same pressure like you do !

10#
發表於 09-10-20 16:34 |只看該作者

回覆 1# leavetogod 的文章

Today our kids are moving on their first little step, don't place such a big hurdle in front of "your heart". What others say on your kid is no more important than your care on him.

They would soon have their way of thinking, so you must make use of the prevailing to construct the truth of value with your kid.

[ 本帖最後由 LifeSharing 於 09-10-20 16:35 編輯 ]

醒目開學勳章 王國長老

11#
發表於 09-10-20 16:36 |只看該作者
係, 先放鬆你自己, 你既情緒會影響小朋友
我今年有o係女女學校做interview義工, 見到好多好緊張既家長, 好驚既小朋友, 我唸interview對佢地黎講, 唔會係一件太愉快既事情
有小朋友縫完針, 件衫仲有血, 就跑黎interview, 有小朋友嚎啕大哭喊到成身震晒, 我見到都心痛
interview既野, 大家見下面, 合則來不合則去, 我從來唔會令小朋友覺得佢係being chosen, 我只係俾個message佢, 大家傾下計, 應該有禮貌, 唔識不妨直講, 最緊要認真唸過, try your best, 咁就夠了
(有時校長會特登問d佢唔識既, 睇小朋友反應架, 太negative會影響印象呢)
原帖由 leavetogod 於 09-10-20 04:03 PM 發表

12#
發表於 09-10-20 16:46 |只看該作者
提示: 作者被禁止或刪除 內容自動屏蔽

13#
發表於 09-10-20 16:48 |只看該作者
relax先 自己都甘緊張 個小朋友米仲驚 有冇諗下比甘大壓力個小朋友 於心何忍
原帖由 Charlotte_mom 於 09-10-20 16:36 發表
係, 先放鬆你自己, 你既情緒會影響小朋友
我今年有o係女女學校做interview義工, 見到好多好緊張既家長, 好驚既小朋友, 我唸interview對佢地黎講, 唔會係一件太愉快既事情
有小朋友縫完針, 件衫仲有血, 就跑黎intervi ...

14#
發表於 09-10-20 17:02 |只看該作者
係你文章字裡行間除左發現你自己好緊張之外, 亦覺得你懷疑你小朋友有能力上既問題 (What's wrong with him?).  你所做既一切一切小朋友係一定感受到, 包括你對佢既不信任, 呢個未係令佢無自信既原因lor.

take it easy啦, 平常心, 全力支持你小朋友, 相信佢既能力, 唔好stick to一間學校, 呢間唔得咪去第間lor, 好學校咁多, 唔洗驚無書讀.

15#
發表於 09-10-20 17:04 |只看該作者
I fully understand your situation as I'm also experiencing the P1 admission process for my son now.

As other mothers said, relax yourself first.  Try not to put any expectation on your child.  (It seems that you've high expectation on your child cos' he's smart. But it also creates pressure on both of you.)  

After each interview, give him some encouragement.  I'll usually give him a letter written by myself, praising his effort and courage to face the challenge (stressing that result is not important as I know that you've tried your best), I love you, you're great and brave, etc.  I also give him one sticker as a token of appreciation of his effort.

16#
發表於 09-10-20 17:10 |只看該作者
No one know what would happen the last.  Those you may not accept the final result, it may be the best for you and your kid.  Who know?

It is a process to learn, not simply to be admitted.....

17#
發表於 09-10-20 17:12 |只看該作者
My daughter told me she had fun in the first interview.  Then we have submitted as many applications as we could.  To her, interviews are just  like play group.  It seems that she was not nervous at all.

We don't expect she will perform well during the interview and we just try our best to train her to be more pro-active to answer questions.  But she performs much better than I expected.

Maybe, if you don't expect much, you will have more.

18#
發表於 09-10-20 17:29 |只看該作者
一世人流流長, 考小學只是小朋友和家長其中一個片段,
無論得或失, 我們都希望有個美好回憶, 也能從中成長.
不要失望, 要信得過神把最適合的(而可能不是你想要的)給你.

19#
發表於 09-10-20 17:37 |只看該作者
Thanks all,

Yes, I should relax myself first. I always talk to myself but it's hard to do sometimes.

I am feeling hard because everytime when I meet someone else (schoolmates parents, teachers, neighbour etc etc...) They praise my son and said no problem to him, he must has plenty of choices.......I can do nothing but only smile. Yes, I should also learn don't put too high expectation on my son and don't take too serious on others words. It's a lesson for me and I hope it won't too late.

I still have confidence on my son, he's really smart and bright in my heart.

Add oil to me and all other great parents.

[ 本帖最後由 leavetogod 於 09-10-20 21:47 編輯 ]

20#
發表於 09-10-20 17:47 |只看該作者
P1 admission is just like a game. Finally, everyone will have a P1 seat as promised by our government.
Remember, if your son is smart, he will be good no matter which school he entered. We want out kid to go to those elite schools, butfor the kids, every school is the same.
The selection process depends very much on luck. Kid's preformance will be influenced by so many factors, he failed one interview means nothing, no need to postulate too much or question yourself.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題