用戶登入
用戶名稱:
密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 幼校討論 收到St Catherine application form ?
發新帖
樓主: 蔚蔚媽咪
go

收到St Catherine application form ? [複製鏈接]

1#
發表於 09-9-17 12:21 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 13# cfaye 的文章

Yes, agreed with cfaye.

Last year, they have about 4000 applications, they spent two whole days for interviews. If they not control the number of applications, I think the applications will be a lot more.

I prefer using this method, rather than going to school in person to get the application form, 咁可能會要通宵排隊.

2#
發表於 09-9-22 11:33 |顯示全部帖子

回覆 62# lawflorence 的文章

Hi lawflorence,

Teachers seems do not like parents assist too much during the interviews.

Last year, during waiting, I saw one mother assisting her girls to answer, and the teacher said "I won't count her answer correctly in this way".

So better wait patiently and let your kid to answer the teacher, the teacher will use their way to help them.

If you really want AM class, then on the application form (when you received later), it will ask you to choose: AM/ PM/ Both. And there is also a question for you the choose : "If AM class is full, will you consider PM class". You can show your preference there.

Both AM and PM class has Eng/PTH classes.

But please note that all K2 are PM classes only.

3#
發表於 09-9-23 15:03 |顯示全部帖子
All K2 classes are PM classes, and All K3 classes are AM classes. No more split.

Yes, if you choose interview in Cantonese and apply Eng/PTH, then you will be interviewed by 1 Cantonese teacher and 1 PTH teacher.

原帖由 lawflorence 於 09-9-23 12:29 發表
Hi bb@wonderland,

Thanks very much for your info!
So do u know if K3 will split back to am/pm classes? Also any idea if choose interview in Cantonese, still any interview by PTH.

4#
發表於 09-9-23 15:13 |顯示全部帖子
As RoxaneMama, my boy also likes going to school. He even said he wants to go to school when he just back home from school.

The curriculum of St. Cat is difficult. My friend gave me the worksheets/ workbooks of K3, it is hard for a  kindergarten student. To me, its contents seem for a primary student indeed. So no need to worry about the connection to primary.

原帖由 RoxaneMama 於 09-9-23 14:02 發表
hI Lawflorence,
Teachers seems do not like parents assist too much during the interviews. ==> 絕對正確!
所以我話: 最緊要家長盡量不提示, 答錯等老師http://ads.baby-kingdom.com/www/delivery/avw.php?zone ...

5#
發表於 09-9-24 12:02 |顯示全部帖子
Share the same viewpoint. I know some kids also did not take the offer at the end.

I guess St. Cat know the rough percentage of withdrawal based on their past experiences. So they accepted more students, taken the dropout rate into account.

原帖由 happysin 於 09-9-24 11:56 發表
that's not the truth as i have given up SC's offer in late March and so did my friend....maybe they accepted more than 600 kids just in case a few of them withdraw from the offer.  

6#
發表於 09-9-25 11:57 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 lawflorence 於 09-9-25 10:07 發表
Hi RoxaneMama,

So does PTH being teach on CHI/ENG class and so does CHI in ENG/PTH class?
Can u tell me how many CHI/ENG classes this year and how many student in each class?

Hi lawflorence,

There are 3 PTH lessons for Eng/Cantonese class per week.

Actually we do not know extactly how many classes in K1. Just an estimation, there are about 600 K1 students in total, for 2 campus, AM and PM classes.

The class sizes are also different, St. Cat will group the students by big kids and small kids. Big kid classes - about 30 students, while small kids - about 20 students per class.

My boy is small kid, his class has about 20 students.

7#
發表於 09-9-25 14:02 |顯示全部帖子
原帖由 RoxaneMama 於 09-9-25 13:37 發表
無錯, 而St cat 無論英普班同英粵班教普通話嘅老師都係native, 十分標準普通話.
課程內容英粵同英普是一樣, 只是英粵班主任o係香港老師加外國老師, 英普班主任是普通話老師加外國老師. As bb@woderland said, 英粵 ...

Hi RoxaneMama,
My boy is in N6, informed by school that one of his classmates has H1N1. Hope no more new cases of H1N1 la. Sooooo worry.
‹ 上一主題|下一主題