密      碼:
搜索
教育王國 討論區 聖瑪加利男女英文中小學 SMCESPS - 2009 P2 platform
樓主: monkeydad
go

SMCESPS - 2009 P2 platform [複製鏈接]

21#
發表於 09-9-7 12:18 |只看該作者
It's wise to give him 2 bottle of water. My boy is too busy (playing with his friends) to refill during recess, so he takes 1 bottle in the morning and we give him another with his lunch.

22#
發表於 09-9-7 20:16 |只看該作者
Monkeydad,

I will not join "I-Cube" on-line exercise, because my kids have no time to do it, except G.S Maths & Chinese 每日一篇 and finish the Chinese/English reading reports.

My girl said there is one new classmate this term, she comes from TSL, she also was your son's classmate in Kindergarten.

23#
發表於 09-9-8 08:25 |只看該作者
I will ask my son today.  Is she in G2?

He told me last night that he did not fully understand what Ms S taught in class.  She was talking about "hero".  It seems he not yet understand what is a "hero".  He told me he named his friend as hero while others mentioned policmen, firemen...  I explained to him that hero refers to a great person who is widely recognized by others for being brave / having courages.

Do you kids have similar problem with Mr. M.

24#
發表於 09-9-8 11:11 |只看該作者
My boy is also in P2G2. It's better to bring 2 bottles of water this year. He told me that due to H1N1, school did not allow to refill water from 水機 this year.

25#
發表於 09-9-8 13:17 |只看該作者
Monkeydad,

Yes, she is in P2G2, since she is also in Chinese G1, my girl has talked with her. She said she knowed your son.

My girl said they watched movie in English Lesson last week. The move is about "Hero", but she has not tell me others about the movie.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-9-8 08:25 發表
I will ask my son today.  Is she in G2?

He told me last night that he did not fully understand what Ms S taught in class.  She was talking about "hero".  It seems he not yet understand what is a "her ...

26#
發表於 09-9-8 14:37 |只看該作者
The moive they watched in the class was "Incredible" then followed a homework talked about what kind of hero that he /she wanted to be.

27#
發表於 09-9-8 15:09 |只看該作者
pink-I

Thanks for your information.

原帖由 pink-l 於 09-9-8 14:37 發表
The moive they watched in the class was "Incredible" then followed a homework talked about what kind of hero that he /she wanted to be.

28#
發表於 09-9-8 17:00 |只看該作者
明天影學生相, 記得著整齊校服。

29#
發表於 09-9-8 17:54 |只看該作者
原帖由 isabelme 於 09-9-8 17:00 發表
明天影學生相, 記得著整齊校服。

須要帶校章嗎?

30#
發表於 09-9-8 20:01 |只看該作者
Yes, should be full set uniform.

HKQQbaby,
My boy said he didn't know - new classmate from his kinder.  Perhaps you may pm her name to me that I may have some idea.

Have you got a chance to take a look on the English unit book?  It looks a big jump from last year.  Perhaps, I was not that serious last year.

31#
發表於 09-9-9 08:18 |只看該作者
monkeydad,

"Have you got a chance to take a look on the English unit book?  It looks a big jump from last year."  

Really? My girl didn't bring the unit book back, so I'm not sure what she's doing in English lessons. However, she did say that she watched "Incredible" during English lessons and she mentioned Spiderman, Superman, etc.

By the way, my girl and your son are in the same Chinese class. How does he feel about the new Chinese teacher?

32#
發表於 09-9-9 08:49 |只看該作者
Monkeydad,

I had a look at new English Unit Book last night. The 1st topic is "Heroes".

My girl said the new classmate was in P2G1 instead of P2G2, I guess she is one of two new students.

33#
發表於 09-9-9 09:11 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

If you go further to the topic of rainforest, you can see a "a few pages" story.  Afterwards, there are some questions.  Not sure whether this would be the standard of reading comprehension in the Nov exam.  That would be a bit difficult for my boy to read, understand and remember such a long story and then answer 10+ questions.

Story writing re. Halloween is not that easy (a picture with some words given).  Perhaps, the teacher may guide them accordingly in the class.  I believe kids can learn very fast.

I have taught him can and can't and basic sentence structure in such context - pretty straight forward.  

Have to start teaching the difference and differentiation of adverbs and adjectives, hopefully over the weekend.

I thought your girl is i G1 Chinese.  My boy didn't comment about the Chinese teacher.  This is hist style - won't tell me if I do not ask.  So, I will ask tonight.  But, I noted of his improvement - he finished his Chinese writing yesterday in school.  He told me he did some in the school bus (I told him not to do so).  It took him almost an hour to do the writing when he was in P1.

34#
發表於 09-9-14 09:01 |只看該作者
Hi Hi..all P.2 parents,

New school term commenced for 2 wks la.

Currently, I checked my son's class work book and found that his Chinese teacher dedected 5 marks fr his classwork even he answered all correct because of his bad & untidy writing.

See, we have to pay attention to their hand writing, especially for both Eng & Chi.

Requirment & standard are much higher for P.2 la.  Not only our childern, we as parents, also well prepare for it ya~~~

Just a little sharing..

Best regards,
WD40

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-9-9 09:11 發表
HKQQbaby,

If you go further to the topic of rainforest, you can see a "a few pages" story.  Afterwards, there are some questions.  Not sure whether this would be the standard of reading comprehension ...

35#
發表於 09-9-17 20:56 |只看該作者
HKQQbaby,

I found the pace of G1 Maths is quite slow comparing to G2 and G3.  Besides, it seems there is relatively less homework than the other 2 groups.

For Chinese, the 3 groups are quite in line.

My boy was punished in school today for hiding himself in the classroom.  Learnt from the class teacher he sometimes talks in the class as well.  I do not know why he becomes so naughty now.  I punished him by just giving him plain rice for dinner.  He pleased me by showing his ability to dictate all the words of the Chinese writing today.  Hence, I fried an egg for him.  

Besides, 3 of his classmates were on sick leave today.  I found he got a bit running nose when he came back.  We have to be more cautious.

Sara / Little-duck, which group are your kids in this year.

36#
發表於 09-9-17 21:56 |只看該作者
monkeydad,

You're right. The pace of G1 Maths is very very slow which worries me. Actually, I'm not quite sure where my daughter is at. I haven't seen any homework posts on the intranet so far!!

Chinese is another subject that worries me. My daughter said she liked the Chinese teacher in P1 much more as she was better!!

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-9-17 20:56 發表
HKQQbaby,

I found the pace of G1 Maths is quite slow comparing to G2 and G3.  Besides, it seems there is relatively less homework than the other 2 groups.

For Chinese, the 3 groups are quite in line ...

37#
發表於 09-9-17 22:33 |只看該作者
Flying man,

Is your daughter in G2 Chinese?

38#
發表於 09-9-17 22:59 |只看該作者
monkeydad

開學至今,仔仔亦曾因在堂上與同學說話, 被老師批評,每次我會問其詳情, 有時是因同學問他問題而引起, 我會教他跟同學說"小息才問我" ,他日益長大, 亦會明事理.  如因他與同學說話, 被罰,我會罰他當晚不可看電視. (他每天6:30pm-8:00pm是看電視時間)
我有時亦很煩惱他的課堂紀律表現,希望他大點會懂事些.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-9-17 20:56 發表
HKQQbaby,

For Chinese, the 3 groups are quite in line ...

39#
發表於 09-9-17 23:26 |只看該作者
monkeydad,

yes, she's in G2 Chinese.

原帖由 monkeydad 於 09-9-17 22:33 發表
Flying man,

Is your daughter in G2 Chinese?

40#
發表於 09-9-18 13:31 |只看該作者
hi! my daughter is still in G1 but in G2 for Maths & Chinese.  I really think that the requirements are more strict than before.......
‹ 上一主題|下一主題